Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?

• 779 replies
Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
So if this ends poorly with Mullin getting booed and then fired. Then Louie distances himself in disgust. Does that now make Walter Berry the face of the program? I can get on board with that. But seriously this fan base sucks.
With numbers this small can we really call it a fan base?

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2018, 02:50:55 PM »
So if this ends poorly with Mullin getting booed and then fired. Then Louie distances himself in disgust. Does that now make Walter Berry the face of the program? I can get on board with that. But seriously this fan base sucks.

Yeah you're right we should all be ecstatic to have the great Chris Mullin, and shouldn't question him at all because he used to be a great player for us over 30 years ago. Let's keep racking up losses, losing players to transfers, putting Chris's buddies who are as clueless as him in assistant coaching positions and wasting our money on season tickets!

It's not the fanbase's fault that the administration is incompetent, and put an all time legend in this position to begin with, when he had no coaching experience, or track record whatsoever. I don't think the fan base sucks, I think it's a mostly smart and knowledgable fanbase who isn't blind to the fact that Mullin sucks as a coach, hasn't improved one bit in 3 years, and will never become better.

Exhibit A on fan base thing
Root for Duke, you will feel better.

Root for the Washington Generals you'll feel better.
LOL he already is and he likes it.

No one is happy. If you fire him the next guy is not going to come ion from scratch after losing some of if not all the guys coming in next year and turn things around. You are looking at our "bare cupboard" excuse again. Mullin gets next year and if we stink again something probably needs to be done.

Guess you weren't one of those NY Giants fans up in arms about Eli benching either? Stupid loyal fans.

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »

Yeah you're right we should all be ecstatic to have the great Chris Mullin, and shouldn't question him at all because he used to be a great player for us over 30 years ago. Let's keep racking up losses, losing players to transfers, putting Chris's buddies who are as clueless as him in assistant coaching positions and wasting our money on season tickets!

It's not the fanbase's fault that the administration is incompetent, and put an all time legend in this position to begin with, when he had no coaching experience, or track record whatsoever. I don't think the fan base sucks, I think it's a mostly smart and knowledgable fanbase who isn't blind to the fact that Mullin sucks as a coach, hasn't improved one bit in 3 years, and will never become better.

No one is happy. If you fire him the next guy is not going to come ion from scratch after losing some of if not all the guys coming in next year and turn things around. You are looking at our "bare cupboard" excuse again. Mullin gets next year and if we stink again something probably needs to be done.

Guess you weren't one of those NY Giants fans up in arms about Eli benching either? Stupid loyal fans.
I have never said he should be fired. And I appreciate all the sobbing and hand holding for Eli as everybody misplaced their big boy pants for a while. No one is bigger than the team. Season was shot to hell, few games left, Giants with high draft pick with many highly rated QB prospects, let's get a look at Davis Webb to see what we have, Eli offered to continue to start but want to see Webb. Wah, wah, wah Eli cries and Giants fans cry so plan is scrapped. Nobody is bigger than the team but Giants allowed Eli to be bigger than the team.

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »

I have never said he should be fired. And I appreciate all the sobbing and hand holding for Eli as everybody misplaced their big boy pants for a while. No one is bigger than the team. Season was shot to hell, few games left, Giants with high draft pick with many highly rated QB prospects, let's get a look at Davis Webb to see what we have, Eli offered to continue to start but want to see Webb. Wah, wah, wah Eli cries and Giants fans cry so plan is scrapped. Nobody is bigger than the team but Giants allowed Eli to be bigger than the team.

See I hate the Giants and outside of two great Super Bowl runs his career has been mediocre. But I get that people are loyal. Kind of a good quality I think. But since you are not one of those people I am guessing that you are 100% in  favor of Lovett doing what is best for his career and family. Correct?

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2018, 10:22:56 PM »
2 changes coming

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »
Hopefully just to staff.

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
2 changes coming

What a shock, another post that says nothing. You should be a fortune teller in Atlantic City

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2018, 10:47:01 PM »
2 changes coming

Dlo is transferring to Baylor

goredmen

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:34 PM »
2 changes coming

Dlo is transferring to Baylor

And Ponds is going to get suspended for accepting impermissible benefits. There's 2

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2018, 11:07:40 PM »
2 changes coming

If we wanted to hear from a baldi, we’d fart.

Mullin’s not going anywhere. Good post on the realistic state of things on another thread.

« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:47 AM »

Foad

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
And they are....

The Magic Eight Baldi says "Reply hazy try again"

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2018, 09:33:47 AM »
And they are....

The Magic Eight Baldi says "Reply hazy try again"

Yes sir.

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2018, 10:38:16 AM »
Richmond

TONYD3

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2018, 10:54:40 AM »
Richmond
Shit post of 2016 asked for that . Now in 2018. Way to late. Mitch ritchmond is the problem? An assistant not working that hard is a problem, not the reason we are winless vs decent teams. Does Richmond have a contract for next year?
What happens to st. Jean? He just sits there accepting his demotion?

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
That's one what's the second Richmond's replacement...

Richmond

paultzman

« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2018, 11:41:55 AM »
Mullin will be back, so hoping roster does not turn over too much, recruits arrive & perhaps a modest staff change leads to a very competive 18-19 season. If not, powers to be (whoever they are) will have to make a decion is my guess. In meantime, no sense firing Mullin from peanut gallery & suggesting successors.

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:00 AM »
Mullin will be back, so hoping roster does not turn over too much, recruits arrive & perhaps a modest staff change leads to a very competive 18-19 season. If not, powers to be (whoever they are) will have to make a decion is my guess. In meantime, no sense firing Mullin from peanut gallery & suggesting successors.

Mullin deserves his chance. Easy fix, surround himself with qualified staff

ras

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2018, 12:06:09 PM »
You can definitely criticize Mullin for the make up of the staff. Flawed, especially since Mullin came in w no experience. The Slice debacle didn’t help things. I’ve always argued Mullin and Richmond duplicated skills, Need complimenting skills. Ie xos, big man coach, etc. I’ve also argued since we only have 1 recruiter, Mullin needs to be more active in that dept.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:08:19 PM by ras »

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »

Competitive ain't gonna cut it next year unless you mean being competitive with Villanova for tops in the conference...