Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?

• 779 replies
Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2018, 12:32:49 PM »
Mullin will be back, so hoping roster does not turn over too much, recruits arrive & perhaps a modest staff change leads to a very competive 18-19 season. If not, powers to be (whoever they are) will have to make a decion is my guess. In meantime, no sense firing Mullin from peanut gallery & suggesting successors.

Competitive ain't gonna cut it next year unless you mean being competitive with Villanova for tops in the conference...

You expect to go from losing to DePaul at home to competing with Nova?

TONYD3

« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
Mullin will be back, so hoping roster does not turn over too much, recruits arrive & perhaps a modest staff change leads to a very competive 18-19 season. If not, powers to be (whoever they are) will have to make a decion is my guess. In meantime, no sense firing Mullin from peanut gallery & suggesting successors.

Competitive ain't gonna cut it next year unless you mean being competitive with Villanova for tops in the conference...

No one does. That is why this makes no sense. Wasnt that long ago we competed with everyone except Villanova. Bar is set way to low.
Mike rice >>>> Richmond
Rice<<< ed Cooley - McDermott

desco80

« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »

Could any coach, alive or dead, have us competing for a Big East title next year?

No. 

Johnny23

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2018, 01:11:37 PM »
While on the topic of coaching, TCU just came on and Jamie Dixon is a ridiculously good coach. Has a school like TCU which has no hoops history, awful right before he arrives and turns them into a top 20 team in 2 years. Now that's coaching. For those of you that think all coaches are created equally and get better with time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:13:25 PM by Johnny23 »

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:13 PM »

What?  Don't respond to my posts again...

« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »

What?  Don't respond to my posts again...

Thought you weren't watching anymore this year? Wah

« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »
Lol I hear you wasju and foad. Me personally I thought he was ok. I have no idea what’s up with kassoum. He is really a defensive player. He should be grabbing more boards and playing better defense. But he actually is actually a great complimentary player to another big.

Players don't get better when they have horrible coaching, no direction, and no discipline. The 3 hallmarks of the Mullin era.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3149059/tariq-owens

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3147688/marvin-clark-ii

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3907524/justin-simon

paultzman

« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2018, 01:32:17 PM »

Contending for BE title

TONYD3

« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2018, 01:39:41 PM »
While on the topic of coaching, TCU just came on and Jamie Dixon is a ridiculously good coach. Has a school like TCU which has no hoops history, awful right before he arrives and turns them into a top 20 team in 2 years. Now that's coaching. For those of you that think all coaches are created equally and get better with time.
What happened to PITT? They were so good. Must be bad luck or something to do with cupards

Johnny23

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2018, 01:47:47 PM »
What happened to PITT? They were so good. Must be bad luck or something to do with cupards

Yeah their recruiting definitely took a hit and Stallings, while a solid coach, is no Dixon.

wpc77

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2018, 01:48:28 PM »

Stallings isn't willing to pay to play.  That's what

Poison

« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2018, 01:53:15 PM »

No one expects that, but if St.John’s is nothing if not unpredictable. They were right there with Arizona State, Seton Hall and Creighton. The only chance St.John’s is if everyone on the team has their best game of the season, and even then it’s unlikeky.  The odds are horrible.

However, St.John’s has gone from really bad losses to stunning wins before. One game is just that. Anything can happen.

« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »
Yakwe took a 3 pointer against Georgetown. Let that settle in on why this program is at bottom of barrel in Mullins 3rd year. Doesn’t matter, 5 guys or 10, that’s where we are at in year 3 of Mullins regime and why with this staff, he won’t compete for 5th place, never alone first.

TONYD3

« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2018, 02:04:05 PM »
Yakwe took a 3 pointer against Georgetown. Let that settle in on why this program is at bottom of barrel in Mullins 3rd year. Doesn’t matter, 5 guys or 10, that’s where we are at in year 3 of Mullins regime and why with this staff, he won’t compete for 5th place, never alone first.
It’s cupards. We are the best defensive team in the conference. What more do you guys want?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:04:45 PM by TONYD3 »

Foad

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »

Excellent point. Dixon is a four time national coach of the year and the 12th winningest active coach in division one. Everyone expected him to fail at TCU except you. Congratulations for recognizing that he's a good coach when it escaped everyone else's notice.

Foad

« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
It’s cupards. 

No, it's cupboards.

I know a little cupboard,
With a teeny tiny key,
And there's a jar of Lollypops
For me, me, me.

It has a little shelf, my dear,
As dark, as dark can be,
And there's a dish of Banbury Cakes
For me, me, me.

I have a small fat grandmamma,
With a very slippery knees,
And she's Keeper of the Cupboard,
With the key, key, key.

And when I'm very good, my dear,
As good as good can be,
There's Banbury Cakes, and Lollypops
For me, me, me.

« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
Whether Danny Hurley was interested or not.  Whether the school would have paid he what he would have wanted or not. Danny Hurley was not a slam dunk. At the time I think as did a great number of you as well that hiring Chris Mullin was a gamble worth taking. So far it has gone well off the tracks. But I find it really hilarious that the same mooks whining about Marcus Lovett's "disloyalty" want Chris freaking Mullin fired after two and a half years. Talk to me after next year.... maybe . Still won't match number of years given to Norm Roberts.
+1

« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »
Competing for BE title? When were we doing that?  Year after elite 8. If we win 19 and 20 and on bubble job well done
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:16:11 PM by we are sju »

Marillac

« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:46 AM »

Could any coach, alive or dead, have us competing for a Big East title next year?

No. 

Next year? Yes. This year, we can't even bounce the basketball, so no.

TONYD3

« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »
It’s cupards. 

No, it's cupboards.

I know a little cupboard,
With a teeny tiny key,
And there's a jar of Lollypops
For me, me, me.

It has a little shelf, my dear,
As dark, as dark can be,
And there's a dish of Banbury Cakes