Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #620 on: January 27, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
Wants out of this game.

Poison

« Reply #621 on: January 27, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »

« Reply #622 on: January 27, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »
Mullin. Arguing with refs down this much.

« Reply #623 on: January 27, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »
Mullin. Arguing with refs down this much.
well if the refs really want to punish him they'll keep him in the game.

« Reply #624 on: January 27, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
Hopefully they do.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #625 on: January 27, 2018, 03:59:39 PM »
Everyone still thinking he deserves another year?.... this is just plain embarrassing.

Straw man argument.  Deserves or getting anyway are two different things...
You went to the well once too often with your straw man reference. There are plenty who actually do think he deserves not only one more year but multiple years and carmine thinks until he wants to leave. Think we can all agree though that Mullin's got em cookin!

Who?  On this board?
YES! Already named Carmine, wasju, F$ckFoad. It is hardly unanimous unbelievably so.

Well I must have missed it but I dont remember anyone saying he necessarily deserved it more than just accepting the fact a firing is not going to happen so the question is stupid and moot.

You honestly think if they go 0-18 in conference that he won't step down or be asked to leave? If not this program really is doomed if they settle for this garbage.

« Reply #626 on: January 27, 2018, 04:06:54 PM »
Everyone still thinking he deserves another year?.... this is just plain embarrassing.

You went to the well once too often with your straw man reference. There are plenty who actually do think he deserves not only one more year but multiple years and carmine thinks until he wants to leave. Think we can all agree though that Mullin's got em cookin!

Who?  On this board?
YES! Already named Carmine, wasju, F$ckFoad. It is hardly unanimous unbelievably so.

Well I must have missed it but I dont remember anyone saying he necessarily deserved it more than just accepting the fact a firing is not going to happen so the question is stupid and moot.

You honestly think if they go 0-18 in conference that he won't step down or be asked to leave? If not this program really is doomed if they settle for this garbage.
0-18 but but I lost my point guard to a bruised knee early in the season. Truth is we played some good basketball to finish non conference, some nice wins and close loss to ASU. Then we got to BE conf games where the opposing coaches know Mo and out coached him or should I say his boy wonder side kick Robin.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #627 on: January 27, 2018, 04:13:06 PM »

Who?  On this board?

0-18 but but I lost my point guard to a bruised knee early in the season. Truth is we played some good basketball to finish non conference, some nice wins and close loss to ASU. Then we got to BE conf games where the opposing coaches know Mo and out coached him or should I say his boy wonder side kick Robin.

I honestly think you replace Mullin with any Big East coach with this roster, and they have at least 3-5 Big East wins.

Poison

« Reply #628 on: January 27, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »

Who?  On this board?

If the money stops coming in from donors they can be pushed to make the right decision, but what’s the point if they always follow it a poor one? They need to take themselves out of the equation. They don’t deserve the respect and credit that they get.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:35:27 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #629 on: January 27, 2018, 04:37:04 PM »

Who?  On this board?

I honestly think you replace Mullin with any Big East coach with this roster, and they have at least 3-5 Big East wins.

Absolutely. We don’t have the athletes to man to man defense. We don’t have the intelligence or the length to play zone. He does what Mahoney did. He coaches only to what he likes and ignores the players he has.

« Reply #630 on: January 27, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »

Who?  On this board?

Absolutely. We don’t have the athletes to man to man defense. We don’t have the intelligence or the length to play zone. He does what Mahoney did. He coaches only to what he likes and ignores the players he has.

I don't believe they can teach the proper way to play any zone defense.

TONYD3

« Reply #631 on: January 27, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »

Who?  On this board?

[/quote

Who?  On this board?

I said that the first time you mentioned zone

Foad

« Reply #632 on: January 27, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »

I honestly think you're missing a chromosome.

Poison

« Reply #633 on: January 27, 2018, 08:19:48 PM »

Sorry Foad, you’ve lost the right to criticize others.

Poison

« Reply #634 on: January 27, 2018, 08:20:50 PM »

Who?  On this board?

Of course not. They aren’t teachers.

Foad

« Reply #635 on: January 27, 2018, 08:29:05 PM »

Absolutely.

So Holifield is worth two wins and replacing Mullin with Dave Leitao is worth another 5 wins, that means carry the one that you figure this six man roster is good enough to be 7 and 3 in the best basketball conference in the country - that's 17-5 on season, that's 2 game behind the #1 team in the country Villanova, nipping at the heels of Xavier and ahead of Creighton, SH, Providence and Butler  - and that's after losing their second best player, except for the presence of Chris Mullin on the side lines and absent a walk on.

It's taking every fiber of my being not  to type LOLOLOLOLOLOL and festooning it with a bunch of !!!!!!! and :-\ :-X :-[ :P ::) 8) 8) :o >:( Not even you can be that completely dumb. The other guy can, he's an idiot, but you're from Scarsdale, I expect more from you. So I'm not going to do any of that stuff despite the fact that I literally just laughed out loud. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! :smiley6600: :knuppel2: :coolsmiley: :2funny: :police: :crazy2:. You cannot possibly believe what you just typed.

Foad

« Reply #636 on: January 27, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »

Have I stupid?

« Reply #637 on: January 27, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »

Absolutely.

So Holifield is worth two wins and replacing Mullin with Dave Leitao is worth another 5 wins, that means carry the one that you figure this six man roster is good enough to be 7 and 3 in the best basketball conference in the country - that's 17-5 on season, that's 2 game behind the #1 team in the country Villanova, nipping at the heels of Xavier and ahead of Creighton, SH, Providence and Butler  - and that's after losing their second best player, except for the presence of Chris Mullin on the side lines and absent a walk on.

It's taking every fiber of my being not  to type LOLOLOLOLOLOL and festooning it with a bunch of !!!!!!! and :-\ :-X :-[ :P ::) 8) 8) :o >:( Not even you can be that completely dumb. The other guy can, he's an idiot, but you're from Scarsdale, I expect more from you. So I'm not going to do any of that stuff despite the fact that I literally just laughed out loud. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! :smiley6600: :knuppel2: :coolsmiley: :2funny: :police: :crazy2:. You cannot possibly believe what you just typed.

The math checks out.

Poison

« Reply #638 on: January 27, 2018, 08:44:37 PM »

Have I stupid?

You want stupid? Ok. Who said it?

“I expect Mullin to succeed because he’s succeeded at every job he’s had.”

Yep, you did you dumb shit. That’s the same logic that justified hiring a coach with no experience. Like I said, you’ve lost the right to criticize others. Own it. Mullin is your guy.

Go ahead, deny it you coward.

Poison

« Reply #639 on: January 27, 2018, 08:48:12 PM »

Absolutely.

The math checks out.

Leitao is actually coaching. Not well, but he is at least working. All Mullin does is bitch to the refs. If he wasn’t here and the players had no coach at all it is impossible to argue that they’d do any worse.