Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?

• 779 replies

Foad

Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #640 on: January 27, 2018, 08:57:40 PM »
I honestly think you replace Mullin with any Big East coach with this roster, and they have at least 3-5 Big East wins.

I honestly think you're missing a chromosome.

Sorry Foad, you’ve lost the right to criticize others.

Have I stupid?

You want stupid? Ok. Who said it?

“I expect Mullin to succeed because he’s succeeded at every job he’s had.”

Yep, you did you dumb shit. That’s the same logic that justified hiring a coach with no experience. Like I said, you’ve lost the right to criticize others. Own it. Mullin is your guy.

Go ahead, deny it you coward.

Deny what stupid? That I said something I said?

Are you mentally challenged? That's a serious question. If not, were you once of average IQ and since then have suffered a severe and debilitating head injury? Or are you just an imbecile in the clinical sense. If any of the answers to those questions is yes I'll stop calling you stupid, that would be cruel.

Poison

« Reply #641 on: January 27, 2018, 09:04:08 PM »
I honestly think you replace Mullin with any Big East coach with this roster, and they have at least 3-5 Big East wins.

Sorry Foad, you’ve lost the right to criticize others.

Have I stupid?

You want stupid? Ok. Who said it?

“I expect Mullin to succeed because he’s succeeded at every job he’s had.”

Yep, you did you dumb shit. That’s the same logic that justified hiring a coach with no experience. Like I said, you’ve lost the right to criticize others. Own it. Mullin is your guy.

Go ahead, deny it you coward.

Deny what stupid? That I said something I said?

Are you mentally challenged? That's a serious question. If not, were you once of average IQ and since then have suffered a severe and debilitating head injury? Or are you just an imbecile in the clinical sense. If any of the answers to those questions is yes I'll stop calling you stupid, that would be cruel.

0-10 stupid. It’s all yours. Own it. Wear it with pride. After all, Mullin is great at everything and he can do anything.

« Reply #642 on: January 27, 2018, 10:21:37 PM »
Is it true they are preempting tonight's episode of Saturday Night Live and just replaying our game instead?  :-[

« Reply #643 on: January 27, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
remember when Dlo got suspened in sophmore year we didnt win another game. Same issue. You loose one of your guard/scorers and this happens. That team had 2 future pros on it too, Dom and Philn (euro i know but still )

« Reply #644 on: January 27, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
Eddie Jordan was a Rutgers grad, in 3 years was 8-46 in the AAC/BIG 10 including going 1-17 his last year at Rutgers.  And they pulled the plug after 3 years. Don't expect that at SJU but for those people who think it is not fair to give CM just 3 years should talk to Eddie Jordan.

« Reply #645 on: January 27, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
Eddie Jordan was a Rutgers grad, in 3 years was 8-46 in the AAC/BIG 10 including going 1-17 his last year at Rutgers.  And they pulled the plug after 3 years. Don't expect that at SJU but for those people who think it is not fair to give CM just 3 years should talk to Eddie Jordan.
not unprecedented but public vs private and money owed aren't even comparable

« Reply #646 on: January 27, 2018, 11:56:12 PM »
He’ll get next year with full roster and we’ll take it from there

« Reply #647 on: January 27, 2018, 11:59:12 PM »

I don't think money is the issue, CM stature at SJU much higher than EJ  at RU.  Plus Rutgers also changed AD's.  SJU in a tough spot and want to give him every opportunity to get this thing righted.  But next year is becoming so ridiculously important I fear he is setting himself up to fail with this disaster of a season.

Poison

« Reply #648 on: January 28, 2018, 12:00:29 AM »

Eddie Jordan is a particularly fair comparison. A state school is able to recognize complete failure but St.John’s isn’t. If they can remove him in March and add a legitimate coach they may be able to get Ponds, Owens and Brooks to stay with St.John’s. If Mullin stays, I expect all three to be playing elsewhere. Rutgers made a good hire. They kept their point guard. No recruit in his right mind would sign up to play for a coach with top 100 talent and no wins.

« Reply #649 on: January 28, 2018, 12:09:09 AM »

I don't think money is the issue, CM stature at SJU much higher than EJ  at RU.  Plus Rutgers also changed AD's.  SJU in a tough spot and want to give him every opportunity to get this thing righted.  But next year is becoming so ridiculously important I fear he is setting himself up to fail with this disaster of a season.
while because its Mullin bringing back next year I agree that gas less to do with money but from what I'm hearing and the probably why you were hearing 2 year plan lately but U'm hearing the school cant even afford to buy them out after next year because it's north of 3.5 salary left for 2 years then the cost of new staff. Looks like we have him 5 years if he doesn't turn it around

Poison

« Reply #650 on: January 28, 2018, 12:21:47 AM »

Absolutely not a sure thing that any player here now or committed to come will stay.

« Reply #651 on: January 28, 2018, 01:50:27 AM »

Absolutely not a sure thing that any player here now or committed to come will stay.

Concur.  This isn't 1995.  These kids will jump ship on your ass.  Of course, I hope everyone stays and all the committed recruits stay on board.  But, you almost can't blame 'em based on what is happening. 

I mentioned this a few weeks ago that the roster we believe we'll have next season probably won't be the case, once the ball goes up in the air during our first exhibition a season from now.   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:51:37 AM by mjdinkins »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #652 on: January 28, 2018, 05:51:14 AM »

If you have nothing better to do than personally attack other posters on a St. John's message board you really should take a long look at your pathetic life. You're an online tough guy who probably is a fat, scared loser who wouldn't have the balls to say anything he says on this board to anyone's face. Go take your seroquel and go watch reruns of the 1985 NCAA tournament to make your existence less sad.

« Reply #654 on: January 28, 2018, 08:18:28 AM »
IF we go 0-18, he might need to make tourney next year. For me NIT would be acceptable but many more losses like yesterday......

« Reply #655 on: January 28, 2018, 08:42:17 AM »
IF we go 0-18, he might need to make tourney next year. For me NIT would be acceptable but many more losses like yesterday......

It should be NCAA's or bust. Hell, I'd say NCAA's + a Top 25 recruiting class or bust.

Poison

« Reply #656 on: January 28, 2018, 09:02:01 AM »

If you have nothing better to do than personally attack other posters on a St. John's message board you really should take a long look at your pathetic life. You're an online tough guy who probably is a fat, scared loser who wouldn't have the balls to say anything he says on this board to anyone's face. Go take your seroquel and go watch reruns of the 1985 NCAA tournament to make your existence less sad.

Word

Poison

« Reply #657 on: January 28, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »

It should be NCAA's or bust. Hell, I'd say NCAA's + a Top 25 recruiting class or bust.

He should make the tournament next year based on the fact that he will have been here for 4 years. Thing is, he still hasn’t learned how to coach. The only way to save this program and the players who are in it and expected to be in our program is to remove Mullin and hire an actual coach. By now it should clear even for the thickest of alumni that Mullin isn’t a coach.

There is only so much you can blame on injuries. Eventually it’s your program and all of it is on you. This feels a lot like the Norm Roberts era where he had an excuse for everything. Mullin shares the same lack of leadership that Norm had. They have a lot in common as coaches, but Norm was better.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:17:44 AM by Poison »

Foad

« Reply #658 on: January 28, 2018, 09:15:45 AM »

1. If you have nothing better to do than personally attack other posters on a St. John's message board you really should take a long look at your pathetic life.

2. You're an online tough guy who probably is a fat, scared loser

« Reply #659 on: January 28, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
Since I am on fire with predictions. I have one more. I predict 2020-2021 season will be the first Cluess must go post from  someone (TonyD).