Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?

• 779 replies

TONYD3

Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #660 on: January 28, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
Since I am on fire with predictions. I have one more. I predict 2020-2021 season will be the first Cluess must go post from  someone (TonyD).
If the next coach is anything like this guy. I am quitting.

« Reply #661 on: January 28, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »
Since I am on fire with predictions. I have one more. I predict 2020-2021 season will be the first Cluess must go post from  someone (TonyD).

From your keyboard to God's ears.

« Reply #662 on: January 28, 2018, 11:09:01 AM »

Ya all he does is win. So I can see why St Johns fans wouldn't want him

« Reply #663 on: January 28, 2018, 11:11:07 AM »

11 more games left. I suggest try different method to get your point across. Like I had a Tuna sandwich for lunch. It was real bad almost as bad Mullin's coaching.
See same message just not the Jack Torrence in Shining style of post where you just keep typing the same thing over and over.

« Reply #664 on: January 28, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »

Ya all he does is win. So I can see why St Johns fans wouldn't want him

Local, has ties, will come fairly cheap. Not who I'd want but predict he is the guy. If Mullin can't figure things out next year.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:18:25 AM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #665 on: January 28, 2018, 11:16:00 AM »

11 more games left. I suggest try different method to get your point across. Like I had a Tuna sandwich for lunch. It was real bad almost as bad Mullin's coaching.
See same message just not the Jack Torrence in Shining style of post where you just keep typing the same thing over and over.

Thanks dick v

TONYD3

« Reply #666 on: January 28, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »

Thanks dick v

Wow your dumb.
Thanks dick

« Reply #667 on: January 28, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »

Thanks dick v

Wow your dumb.
Thanks dick

Not funny and stupid. Mrs or Mr Tony D is one lucky guy /girl

TONYD3

« Reply #668 on: January 28, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »

Thanks dick v

Wow your dumb.
Thanks dick

Not funny and stupid. Mrs or Mr Tony D is one lucky guy /girl
If I am so boring, why do you try and talk to me? I like Basketball and I am a St. John’s fan. I enjoy talking sports. I never engage you because you have no opinion. You seem to take up sides with the majority. Which is fine. How you spend your leisure time is you own business.

TONYD3

« Reply #669 on: January 28, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
I don’t read the other board all that much. Had some extra time in the bathroom. I kind of expected more excuses. But they seem done with our coach also. Kind of surprised, shocked actually. I thought those guys would never waiver.

goredmen

« Reply #670 on: January 28, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »
The only thing that will make an impact at this point is complete and total fan apathy, which is happening more and more by the day. If people stop buying tickets and the big donors just don't care enough to keep dumping money into the athletics department, things will change. As long as people remain passionate about SJU basketball and will pay money into that program no matter what, nothing is going to change.

I personally have reached the point of complete apathy on this season. I did not watch one second of the game yesterday, instead I went back and forth between the Duke/Virginia game and the Oklahoma/Alabama game. It's hard to bring myself to care about investing in the future of this program anymore. Even when things weren't going great in the past there was always at least a small reason to have a glimmer of hope that we would accomplish something in the not-too-distant future. Now that glimmer is fading. Maybe that will change if they actually shake things up but there's no reason to think they'll get it right for once.

« Reply #671 on: January 28, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »
Time for Chris to cut ties with some of the staff. Assistant coaches fighting with players, leaking to the press etc..There is a common denominator here and it has to be removed. That's a start

« Reply #672 on: January 28, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »
The fighting had to come at some point. It was inevitable.

Johnny23

« Reply #673 on: January 28, 2018, 01:15:31 PM »
If Gempesaw and Oliva are anything like Woody & Waldo Johnson then this program is f*cked for as long as they're here. If Mullin doesn't make staff changes then next year will be ugly and he'll be gone.

« Reply #674 on: January 28, 2018, 10:09:03 PM »
remember when Dlo got suspened in sophmore year we didnt win another game. Same issue. You loose one of your guard/scorers and this happens. That team had 2 future pros on it too, Dom and Philn (euro i know but still )

« Reply #675 on: January 28, 2018, 10:10:09 PM »
Eddie Jordan was a Rutgers grad, in 3 years was 8-46 in the AAC/BIG 10 including going 1-17 his last year at Rutgers.  And they pulled the plug after 3 years. Don't expect that at SJU but for those people who think it is not fair to give CM just 3 years should talk to Eddie Jordan.
not unprecedented but public vs private and money owed aren't even comparable

Eddie Jordan is a particularly fair comparison. A state school is able to recognize complete failure but St.John’s isn’t. If they can remove him in March and add a legitimate coach they may be able to get Ponds, Owens and Brooks to stay with St.John’s. If Mullin stays, I expect all three to be playing elsewhere. Rutgers made a good hire. They kept their point guard. No recruit in his right mind would sign up to play for a coach with top 100 talent and no wins.

Rutgers made a good hire? He currently has a 5-23 conference record at Rutgers. Given time he might turn it around there but his record to date isn't that much better than Mullin's.

« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »
remember when Dlo got suspened in sophmore year we didnt win another game. Same issue. You loose one of your guard/scorers and this happens. That team had 2 future pros on it too, Dom and Philn (euro i know but still )

Fwiw Jakarrr, Obekpa, and Bourgault are playing for pay this year too. 

Poison

« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »

Fwiw Jakarrr, Obekpa, and Bourgault are playing for pay this year too. 

They all are.

« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2018, 11:30:34 PM »
And we still didnt win a game.

« Reply #679 on: February 22, 2018, 06:44:08 AM »
Coaches on the hot seat article.... Mullin mentioned toward end

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/02/21/heat-check-part-coaches-hot-seat/