Zach vs. Zags

• 60 replies
Re: Zach vs. Zags
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »
Mullin can coach and doesn't need to prove a thing. His in game coaching is much better than the losers want to acknowledge. This team could go undefeated and the nice persons will still complain about some in bounds play that didn't work.

TONYD3

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »
Coverage.   Things he highlights.   Picking on players, staff, fans etc.   He did it to Hollywood when they wouldn't leak to him or give him access to Phillie (which was a wise decision) etc. and did it somewhat to Coach Mullin last year.  Like it was his fault his point guard quit and blindsided his plan.  Hope I'm wrong and Congrats to team on getting their stud eligible and to Zags on breaking the news.

Last season is entirely on Mullin. Anyone that can’t see that doesn’t understand what a coach’s responsibilities are. If Zach “picks” on us, the program will have earned it.

This attitude that it’s always someone else’s fault is a St.John’s tradition. The only one they’ve upheld all these years.

Last season totally on Mullin..?   Just not a completely fair statement....

Having a limited rotation is def on the coaching staff but when your #2 scorer quits on the team, that is not on the Coach. That is on the gutless kid that left his teammates holding their D----...
What about getting nothing out of 4 star highly ranked yakwe? The mullintards said he should transfer to a lower level, Where he could play.

Funny he didn’t have trouble finding a new school. Anyone think last years team could have used a PF? At least we got see Amir and walkons play.

When he doesnt play at uconn will you take it as a sight towards hurley?

Hurley wouldn’t have brought him in if he didn’t want him. Forgot who else was interested. But it was a few decent schools.
Not saying he is a great player. But he was  our 7th best last year. The staff should have gotten something out of him.
Amir played way to much. Does coach mullin not get blame for that? How come 0 recruits ? Or did you forget ?

Still waiting for your record prediction amid all of your complaints.
The team has plenty of talent. Enough to to certainly win the big east. You guys compare it to the 99 team. That team could have won the national championship. Mike Jarvis’s team beats this team by 40. They played tough. Besides duke, does this team play tough regularly?
I think 4th place in conference. We get a high seed in tournament. Maybe we win a game.
You guys don’t understand me. I would be thrilled with that. If mullin could do that consistently I would love him as much as all of you. If a bad season was NIT and a good one every few years was this. That would be fine.

Last 3 years were not Lavin years. They were awful. Next year no ponds, no Herron, no Clarke and probably no someone else. Does Simon come back? What are chances Trimble graduates?

Next year Back to Wednesday night 8/9 game in the big east that I absolutely predict.

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:46 PM »
Mullin can coach and doesn't need to prove a thing. His in game coaching is much better than the losers want to acknowledge. This team could go undefeated and the nice persons will still complain about some in bounds play that didn't work.
10th place. 9th place. Tied for 10th

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 06:36:30 PM »
Coverage.   Things he highlights.   Picking on players, staff, fans etc.   He did it to Hollywood when they wouldn't leak to him or give him access to Phillie (which was a wise decision) etc. and did it somewhat to Coach Mullin last year.  Like it was his fault his point guard quit and blindsided his plan.  Hope I'm wrong and Congrats to team on getting their stud eligible and to Zags on breaking the news.

Last season is entirely on Mullin. Anyone that can’t see that doesn’t understand what a coach’s responsibilities are. If Zach “picks” on us, the program will have earned it.

This attitude that it’s always someone else’s fault is a St.John’s tradition. The only one they’ve upheld all these years.

Having a limited rotation is def on the coaching staff but when your #2 scorer quits on the team, that is not on the Coach. That is on the gutless kid that left his teammates holding their D----...
What about getting nothing out of 4 star highly ranked yakwe? The mullintards said he should transfer to a lower level, Where he could play.

Funny he didn’t have trouble finding a new school. Anyone think last years team could have used a PF? At least we got see Amir and walkons play.

Hurley wouldn’t have brought him in if he didn’t want him. Forgot who else was interested. But it was a few decent schools.
Not saying he is a great player. But he was  our 7th best last year. The staff should have gotten something out of him.
Amir played way to much. Does coach mullin not get blame for that? How come 0 recruits ? Or did you forget ?

Zero recruits? We have 5 new players this year.
We were talking about last year.

hnk

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 06:39:28 PM »
Can we enjoy this year before we start to trash next year?

Foad

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »
You guys don’t understand me.

Yeah, no. We're smart enough to understand you. You're too stupid to understand yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ojpCG63Mk

TONYD3

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »
Still on train. If I am so crazy. Why do we lose? Ed Cooley had a bare cupboard. So did wojo, Lavin, seton hall coach, Ewing. Butler had a new coach last year. They didn’t have many players coming back . They had a good season.

Johnny23

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2018, 07:08:13 PM »

The team has plenty of talent. Enough to to certainly win the big east. You guys compare it to the 99 team. That team could have won the national championship. Mike Jarvis’s team beats this team by 40. They played tough. Besides duke, does this team play tough regularly?
I think 4th place in conference. We get a high seed in tournament. Maybe we win a game.
You guys don’t understand me. I would be thrilled with that. If mullin could do that consistently I would love him as much as all of you. If a bad season was NIT and a good one every few years was this. That would be fine.

Last 3 years were not Lavin years. They were awful. Next year no ponds, no Herron, no Clarke and probably no someone else. Does Simon come back? What are chances Trimble graduates?

Next year Back to Wednesday night 8/9 game in the big east that I absolutely predict.

Unless (and this is a huge caveat) they actually win 20+ games this year and make the tourney. If they do this, I think Mullin finally lands one or two of those big 4/5 star recruits to offset the roster losses that you mentioned. If not, I think his act will be dried up.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 10:13:57 PM »

Unless (and this is a huge caveat) they actually win 20+ games this year and make the tourney. If they do this, I think Mullin finally lands one or two of those big 4/5 star recruits to offset the roster losses that you mentioned. If not, I think his act will be dried up.
It was probably unrealistic for us to hope to land any of these top notch recruits before Mullin shows he can coach a winning team. Problem becomes is who of the big 4/5 star recruits youre referencing will still be available by the time this team has (probably) made the tournament. Many pundits expected igiehon to commit to Louisville any day after cancelling his sju visit. Precious is a heavy uconn lean. Many have said Kofi ain't coming. What's left?  Lester Quinones?

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »
If this team goes undefeated I'll argue that Chris Mullin is one of the greatest coaches of all time. However, if this team finishes in the bottom third of the Big East Mullin will have proven that he's statistically one of the worst coaches St John's has ever had.

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 10:34:54 PM »
Didn't make Lester Quinones final list.

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »
Didn't make Lester Quinones final list.
Oh shit lol

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »
10th place. 9th place. Tied for 10th

Actually 10th, 8th, tied for 9th

goredmen

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 12:02:27 AM »
Still on train. If I am so crazy. Why do we lose? Ed Cooley had a bare cupboard. So did wojo, Lavin, seton hall coach, Ewing. Butler had a new coach last year. They didn’t have many players coming back . They had a good season.

Ed Cooley inherited a Junior Vincent Council and Soph Bryce Cotton. He made the tournament in his 3rd year as an 11 seed.

Woj inherited a Senior starting PG a Soph Luke Fischer. He made the tournament in his 3rd year as a 10 seed and missed it in his 4th.

Lavin inherited a roster full of seniors in his first year. It took him 4 years to get back to the NCAA tournament where he got a 9 seed and bounced in round 1.

Willard inherited a Senior Jeremy Hazell, Junior Herb Pope and Junior PG Jordan Theodore. It took him 6 years to make the NCAA Tournament.

Ewing inherited an All-Conference caliber player in Govan and another very good player in Derrickson. he loaded up his non conference schedule with nothing but cupcakes and still finished .500 in year 1.

Jordan inherited All-Conference Kelan Martin, Senior Tyler Wideman, and Sophomore Kamar Baldwin.

Mullin inherited Christian Jones and Amar Alibegovich.

Every single one of those other coach's essentially had a 1 year head start on Mullin in regards to where their program was when they took over. Others, like Jordan, inherited a very good team.

Now do you see why people think you're stupid?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:03:54 AM by goredmen »

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 02:40:37 AM »

Ed Cooley inherited a Junior Vincent Council and Soph Bryce Cotton. He made the tournament in his 3rd year as an 11 seed.

Woj inherited a Senior starting PG a Soph Luke Fischer. He made the tournament in his 3rd year as a 10 seed and missed it in his 4th.

Lavin inherited a roster full of seniors in his first year. It took him 4 years to get back to the NCAA tournament where he got a 9 seed and bounced in round 1.

Willard inherited a Senior Jeremy Hazell, Junior Herb Pope and Junior PG Jordan Theodore. It took him 6 years to make the NCAA Tournament.

Ewing inherited an All-Conference caliber player in Govan and another very good player in Derrickson. he loaded up his non conference schedule with nothing but cupcakes and still finished .500 in year 1.

Jordan inherited All-Conference Kelan Martin, Senior Tyler Wideman, and Sophomore Kamar Baldwin.

Every single one of those other coach's essentially had a 1 year head start on Mullin in regards to where their program was when they took over. Others, like Jordan, inherited a very good team.

RIP

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
Great Post goredmen!!!!

Foad

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 08:48:00 AM »

RIP

You can't kill him with facts, they bounce off him like bullets off Superman.

Johnny23

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 09:09:59 AM »

It was probably unrealistic for us to hope to land any of these top notch recruits before Mullin shows he can coach a winning team. Problem becomes is who of the big 4/5 star recruits youre referencing will still be available by the time this team has (probably) made the tournament. Many pundits expected igiehon to commit to Louisville any day after cancelling his sju visit. Precious is a heavy uconn lean. Many have said Kofi ain't coming. What's left?  Lester Quinones?

There's always going to be some highly rated kids available and many of the top kids monitor these teams during the course of the college season to see how they're doing (see J'raan Brooks last year for reference, which worked against us).  So I'm much less worried about kids still being available than I am the results on the court. Win this year and some highly rated kids will seriously consider us. Let's be real, none of these kids to date have been serious about coming here. Winning cures a lot of ills.

hnk

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »
Zach is already trying to set Chris up for failure putting this year all on him, which is ridiculous.  Of course, winning and winning a lot is the obvious answer.  It might take awhile for the team to blend.   Zach will have zero patience.

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »
Zach is already trying to set Chris up for failure putting this year all on him, which is ridiculous.  Of course, winning and winning a lot is the obvious answer.  It might take awhile for the team to blend.   Zach will have zero patience.

You really don’t think Zach wants us to be successful?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.