BET

• 18 replies
BET
« on: June 22, 2019, 06:02:08 PM »
It didn’t occur to me since I am an Arkansas fan but is it true that the BET is at MSG every year? If that’s true that is freaking crazy, Anderson doesn’t lose at home. His overall home record is over 85% at home. And has won 44 straight games when leading at halftime coming into the last 3 years.

Johnny23

Re: BET
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:24:55 PM »
It's true. MSG is the ultimate selling point for the conference. Anderson needs to make it a decided home court advantage for the Johnnies.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »
It didn’t occur to me since I am an Arkansas fan but is it true that the BET is at MSG every year? If that’s true that is freaking crazy, Anderson doesn’t lose at home. His overall home record is over 85% at home. And has won 44 straight games when leading at halftime coming into the last 3 years.
Anderson might not but St. John's certainly does.

Foad

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 07:27:10 PM »

Bad news Cletus. SJ's home court is called Alumni Hall. It's named after Monty Hall, a well known St John's alumnus who hosted inter alia the Match Game and Concentration. Madison Square Garden - so called after Vincent Gardenia, who won an Oscar for his portrayal of Cher in the opera Moonstruck - is home court to various teams, including Syracuse, Duke and UConn.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 04:40:32 PM »

I think you have a different BET mentality this year with Anderson, I fully expect them to compete alot farther in it than under the Lavin and Mullin days in BET. Judging by his history he will have them ready to play. Its pathetic how bad we have been in BET for several years now.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 07:07:18 AM »

Lol

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »
Lol
??? you can make me look stupid if St. John’s doesn’t win two games in the BE tourneys

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 10:04:17 PM »
Look on the bright side. At least we can make are plans early as we're locked in for Wednesday night.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 10:14:33 PM »
Look on the bright side. At least we can make are plans early as we're locked in for Wednesday night.

Yup
Will be a tough 4 days but hopefully we make some noise and finish some games...I’m sure you will be rooting hard like the rest of us!!

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »
We've all become used to it witness the past 4 years.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 12:43:09 AM »
I’m sure you will be rooting hard like the rest of us!!
You know it.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 05:49:30 PM »
??? you can make me look stupid if St. John’s doesn’t win two games in the BE tourneys

You do that yourself. I notice you don't even follow Muss on Twitter, yet you've calloused your knees in front of Anderson.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
Y'all thought i was wrong about Anderson having a huge Advantage of playing at home in the BET, most likely will win atleast two games each year in BET atleast.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 08:08:40 PM »
Y'all thought i was wrong about Anderson having a huge Advantage of playing at home in the BET, most likely will win atleast two games each year in BET atleast.

Yes because Marcellus Earlington isn't cutting it. We know your inside info.

They won one game against a Gtown squad that was playing about 5 guys and completely ran out of gas. They were being embarrassed most of the game.

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 11:09:57 PM »
Yes because Marcellus Earlington isn't cutting it. We know your inside info.

They won one game against a Gtown squad that was playing about 5 guys and completely ran out of gas. They were being embarrassed most of the game.
23-0 run and beating Creighton at halftime without our best player is pretty good especially for a first year system lol the guns are coming in, BET boutta be lit

Poison

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 11:29:08 PM »
23-0 run and beating Creighton at halftime without our best player is pretty good especially for a first year system lol the guns are coming in, BET boutta be lit

You mean without Heron? He’s a good kid. I wish him only good things in the future, but if we’re ranking our top players from last year, I don’t think he sniffs the top 5.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 12:30:18 AM »
You mean without Heron? He’s a good kid. I wish him only good things in the future, but if we’re ranking our top players from last year, I don’t think he sniffs the top 5.
coming into the season I would say he was the most dominant and should've been the best, just didn't work our and thats okay. Vince Cole I believe fits the system to become a star over Heron in Anderson's system.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 09:45:11 AM »
coming into the season I would say he was the most dominant and should've been the best, just didn't work our and thats okay. Vince Cole I believe fits the system to become a star over Heron in Anderson's system.

On paper, Heron was the most accomplished in terms of stats. That said, it's a healthy reminder that while rankings are right more than not, they're also wrong at times.

Earlington wasn't ranked in the top 250 from what I recall. He is a better all around player than Heron because he has basketball instincts. In a foot race, Heron wins. If we're comparing athleticism, Heron wins. But on the court, Earlington turned out to be a natural basketball player, fitting in where needed, when needed. Heron did the opposite.

I have not seen enough of Vince Cole. I don't claim to know just from a highlight video, but you can see some things. His three point shot concerns me. It may work at that level, but it's a pretty awkward shot. It also concerns me, that like in many JUCO videos, no one is really guarding him. I'd like to see how he handles pressure. That said, people who are complaining about taking two JUCO players have short memories. The JUCO has been the lifeblood of this program as much as any other recruiting route.

If anything, cut the shit with the transfers, unless it's a stud.

Johnny23

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 10:33:32 AM »
On paper, Heron was the most accomplished in terms of stats. That said, it's a healthy reminder that while rankings are right more than not, they're also wrong at times.

Earlington wasn't ranked in the top 250 from what I recall. He is a better all around player than Heron because he has basketball instincts. In a foot race, Heron wins. If we're comparing athleticism, Heron wins. But on the court, Earlington turned out to be a natural basketball player, fitting in where needed, when needed. Heron did the opposite.

I have not seen enough of Vince Cole. I don't claim to know just from a highlight video, but you can see some things. His three point shot concerns me. It may work at that level, but it's a pretty awkward shot. It also concerns me, that like in many JUCO videos, no one is really guarding him. I'd like to see how he handles pressure. That said, people who are complaining about taking two JUCO players have short memories. The JUCO has been the lifeblood of this program as much as any other recruiting route.

If anything, cut the shit with the transfers, unless it's a stud.

Agreed. Continuity is key and Anderson is making a move towards that after years of revolving door bs here.

Ironically enough I don't think Earlington was even rated in the top 400 players coming out of HS and he led Bosco to some of their best teams in school history. Just goes to show what an inexact science rankings can be.