Way to watch / listen to Temple scrimmage?

• 49 replies
Re: Way to watch / listen to Temple scrimmage?
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2019, 07:46:57 PM »
Rutherford, Heron, LJ, Champagnie, Roberts starting but by conf play I figure Steere and Dunn will be starting unless Rutherford suprises

TONYD3

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 09:17:34 PM »
Is there a backstory why you say Mullins all the time instead of Mullin ? A long time ago a few times I figured it was just the phone with spellcheck or something because I'm awful typing from my phone but it's been years and you still write it so maybe I missed why you write it that way so was just curious
No real story. Just antagonizing Foady and some other guys. It has bothered them in the past. Just being a pain in the ass.

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2019, 09:56:33 PM »
No real story. Just antagonizing Foady and some other guys. It has bothered them in the past. Just being a pain in the ass.
Ahh ok thought it had to be something. lol

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »
Not the type of game we would've previously won.
That's right. Because it wasn't a game.

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 12:59:22 AM »
In the scrimmage today At Johns started Heron, Figueroa, Rutherford, Champagnie and Roberts. Heron had 23, Figueroa 20, 9 and 8 #sjubb

Figgy is gonna have an awesome year.

He might lead in every category. The assists total is a terrific sign. He will basically need to be our PG.

Johnny23

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »

Scrimmage, streetyard, call it whatever the hell you want. Still wouldn't have previously won. LIke I said enjoy Anderson, vast improvement.

TONYD3

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »

Very happy we won. Every time we compete the goal should be to win. That has to be part of the culture. Playing tough even in scrimmages Will lead to good things down the road.
 Cant wait for Wednesday night. I wanted change. Can’t wait to see our head coach In action!
When we dominate queens College, it will mean nothing. However if we some how lost, got dominated, and our head coach looked like he wasn’t paying attention. That might be a red flag that Coach 3rd choice might not be up for the job. I can’t imagine that actually happening, what kind of man would get blown out in his 1st exhibition game?

Poison

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »
Which is good? Scoring 100 or giving up 90?

Winning, as opposed to losing, is a good sign.

Also, Mullin sucks.

Foad

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »
Ahh ok thought it had to be something. lol

Clarifying the record, I don't care how Slingblade spells Mullin and that he thinks it antagonizes me is about the funniest thing he's ever said, which admittedly isn't saying much because like most painfully stupid people he's dreadfully dull and awful. The word that I was offended by that he misspelled was "cupard," which is how he thought cupboard was spelled before I kindly corrected him and I was offended that a teacher - even a gym teacher - could be so illiterate and uneducated that he had to resort to spelling words used in nursery rhyme words phonetically and couldn't even manage that.

Foad

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 11:35:28 AM »
Winning, as opposed to losing, is a good sign.

Also, Mullin sucks.

Chris Mullin returned to NY a prodigal son, in four short years took a moribund national laughingstock to the NCAA tournament and rode off into the sunset a conquering hero. It's the stuff of legend, or at least Hollywood. That said, you probably need to stop living in the past, pretty soon you'll be dragging Norm into it. Let's get back to parsing the glorious scrimmage victory that no one saw.

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »
Good to see reports of sophomores playing well and contributing. Temple is a good measuring stick  and good test for Mustapha/LJ going up against Nate Pierre Louis and Quinton Rose.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2019, 12:53:13 PM »
I said enjoy Anderson, vast improvement.
He hasn't coached a game. You haven't seen him coach a game - yet it's a vast improvement. Your ugly biased agenda is shining through.

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2019, 12:56:36 PM »
Also, Mullin sucks.
This is now expected from the non St. John fans. But I expect better from you Michael. Label me disappointed.

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
He hasn't coached a game. You haven't seen him coach a game - yet it's a vast improvement. Your ugly biased agenda is shining through.
No your's is and glad you are disappointed because your genuflecting on Mullin is childish. he was a great player, best in program history but a lazy borderline incompetent head coach.

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 05:54:21 PM »
and glad you are disappointed
What am I disappointed about?
but a lazy borderline incompetent head coach.
A "lazy borderline incompetent head coach" that was one of only 4 BE coaches to lead his team to the Ncaa tournament last season - matching the best season of any St. John's coach in a season starting this millennium? What does that say about the other 6 coaches that couldn't best him.

I hope and dream that some season in the not so distant future CTC can match that.

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »
What am I disappointed about?A "lazy borderline incompetent head coach" that was one of only 4 BE coaches to lead his team to the Ncaa tournament last season - matching the best season of any St. John's coach in a season starting this millennium? What does that say about the other 6 coaches that couldn't best him.

I hope and dream that some season in the not so distant future CTC can match that.

BE sucked last year because of many player losses but real programs recover quickly while things fell apart for your boy which is why he was as one poster loves to say shit canned.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2019, 06:47:48 PM »
This is now expected from the non St. John fans. But I expect better from you Michael. Label me disappointed.

This was a joke. You gotta lighten up.

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 07:31:53 PM »
It's ok to be encouraged by results reported of unseen scrimmage but also keep in mind these scrimmages are not played for W/L. It's for mutual improvement. Could have made big runs against 2nd team or vice versa.

I think what's good to see is that some guys who didn't play much last year are earning some favor and playing time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 08:07:36 PM »
It's ok to be encouraged by results reported of unseen scrimmage but also keep in mind these scrimmages are not played for W/L. It's for mutual improvement. Could have made big runs against 2nd team or vice versa.

I think what's good to see is that some guys who didn't play much last year are earning some favor and playing time.

Let’s also remember that we thought Sedee Keita was better than Amar Alibegovic after last year’s closed door vs URI.

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2019, 11:54:37 PM »
while things fell apart for your boy 
He's not my boy...he's our boy.