Creighton 3/1

• 62 replies

Rodman

Re: Creighton 3/1
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2020, 08:11:02 PM »
How some “fans” can’t get behind this team is mind boggling. Play hard every game. Competitive. And just crushed the #10 team.

If our all star team last year played this hard, what could’ve been. How we didn’t have players like Dunn, Caraher and Sears as back ups, I’ll never understand.

Hopefully recruits find our style an exciting brand of basketball and jump on board.

+1

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »
Caraher’s performance might be a bit overlooked. He looked good putting the ball down and even came off some screens(!) to score. He has, I think, the prettiest shot on the team with Heron out.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2020, 09:49:52 PM »
How some “fans” can’t get behind this team is mind boggling. 
Who's not behind this team? I can't speak for all but I know that I am.

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 10:09:39 PM »
Great win!

Would be nice to close out the year with some momentum as opposed to last seasons disappointing late swoon - excepting of course the for all the marbles win against Depaul in the first round of the BE tournament.

CFC looking to not go down without a fight in his quest to never have a losing season. I give us a decent shot against the Eagles in the senior day closer.

What the heck happened to our 3 point shooting?

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 10:52:31 PM »
Who's not behind this team? I can't speak for all but I know that I am.

Believe some were quoting their Big East record as 3-15 before all games were played.

And I only point out the above since you quoted me, and to have a little fun, but honestly I didn’t say “fans” to mean anyone in particular. There’s been enough noise on both boards to say some have been tougher on the team than they deserve.

I had low expectations for the season based on the not so great hiring process and the fact we had to replace 3 starters and build roster depth. It’s been a disappointing season for our top guys LJ and Heron but the whole team, including those guys, has given everything and I think the rest of the team outside those guys have all played way above what I expected. Been absolutely no quit and haven’t backed down from anybody.

I’ve actually found this season to be more fun than expected, even with the usual kick you in the nuts type losses. And if they could’ve closed out a few other games, I think we would have a lot more positivity going forward. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case but I’ve appreciated the effort each game.

Wish this board would start focusing on the go forward. I think something, hopefully, is building here.

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2020, 12:35:52 AM »
Believe some were quoting their Big East record as 3-15 before all games were played.
Pessimism is only natural as it goes hand in hand with being a Johnny fan. We've sucked for so very long. If we didn't have bad luck we'ld have no luck at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLddbrzsHk

cjfish

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »
Great win!

Would be nice to close out the year with some momentum as opposed to last seasons disappointing late swoon - excepting of course the for all the marbles win against Depaul in the first round of the BE tournament.

CFC looking to not go down without a fight in his quest to never have a losing season. I give us a decent shot against the Eagles in the senior day closer.

What the heck happened to our 3 point shooting?

What happened?  Guys got hot at the same time, it happens.  Best takeaway was the defense which was great, covered the 3pt line and took away Creighton's stength

Poison

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2020, 10:59:23 AM »
There’s nothing wrong with being happy for a bunch of kids who’ve taken a beating this season.

If you look back at most seasons, there’s a gem of a game where guys go off that just don’t go off.

My personal all time favorite was Syracuse @ St.John’s where Amir Alibegovic was Austin Croshere for a day.

This time it was Greg Williams. I hope I’m wrong, and he lights up Butler, but we know we can’t expect it. More likely, he’ll have 8 points on 2-8 shooting.

The season isn’t an NCAA season, but it can be an NIT season. Since that’s within reach, I think Coach Anderson has to get to them to at least that mark for there to be positive momentum going into next season.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:02:35 AM by Poison »

jr49

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2020, 11:11:00 AM »
It took losing the lead to turn game around. I think they were plus 20 in the space of 7min.

Marillac

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2020, 12:09:27 PM »
We are 4-12 in conference and just 1-7 on the road this season (every other team in our conference has at least four road wins). Two of those wins came against #10 DePaul—the only other team as cursed as we are.

Those that think we can win one more game and the 8/9 game against a depleted Georgetown team and make the NIT are delusional maniacs.

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »
We are 4-12 in conference and just 1-7 on the road this season (every other team in our conference has at least four road wins). Two of those wins came against #10 DePaul—the only other team as cursed as we are.

Those that think we can win one more game and the 8/9 game against a depleted Georgetown team and make the NIT are delusional maniacs.

Nothing delusional about a 17-16 team with a top 70 net making the NIT. But keep up the good work middle ground!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2020, 03:05:37 PM »
What happened?  Guys got hot at the same time, it happens. 
I know it happens to other teams. I just didn't think it could happen to us.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »
That Michael Stevens is garbage.

Did you see early on when the trail official tried to correct his incorrect out of bounds call and give it to St. Johns? He was having no part of it and left the ball with Creighton.

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2020, 06:51:33 PM »

If you look back at most seasons, there’s a gem of a game where guys go off that just don’t go off.

My personal all time favorite was Syracuse @ St.John’s where Amir Alibegovic was Austin Croshere for a day

That was fantastic because of the randomness of the players (Amar) that won it.

My personal favorite was the win over Duke a couple years back. I remember that team having some really bad luck in the preceding losses and was so happy for them to get a big win.

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2020, 01:04:32 AM »
My personal all time favorite was Syracuse @ St.John’s where Amir Alibegovic was Austin Croshere for a day.
My personal all time favorite was St. John's @ Syracuse where Phil Greene was Phil Greene for a day.

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »
My personal all time favorite was St. John's @ Syracuse where Phil Greene was Phil Greene for a day.
and circle gets the square!

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »
and circle gets the square!
Those were the days.

I'm like Linus in the Peanuts Christmas special. I like to adopt a forlorn unwanted child like the Rhombus, Avery 3, Hilton or the legend and by the power of my love and support, change them from a gangly collection of twigs into the most beautiful of Christmas trees.

Foad

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2020, 03:33:46 PM »
I'm like Linus in the Peanuts Christmas special.

Hardly. You're like a less butch Violet.

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2020, 05:33:00 PM »
There’s nothing wrong with being happy for a bunch of kids who’ve taken a beating this season.

This time it was Greg Williams. I hope I’m wrong, and he lights up Butler, but we know we can’t expect it. More likely, he’ll have 8 points on 2-8 shooting.

The season isn’t an NCAA season, but it can be an NIT season. Since that’s within reach, I think Coach Anderson has to get to them to at least that mark for there to be positive momentum going into next season.

This game by Williams make me think of a game Paris had as a sophomore against Rutgers. He had something like 27 points and missed only 1-2 shots.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2020, 11:13:49 PM »
This game by Williams make me think of a game Paris had as a sophomore against Rutgers. He had something like 27 points and missed only 1-2 shots.
I remember it well. He shot 12 for 13. I posted how it was one of the greatest offensive Johnny displays ever. I think only like Ken Mcintyre or somebody bested it.

People slammed Paris, saying it wasn't worth much because it was against lowly Rutgers and that he was nothing compared to Kemba Walker.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 01:27:43 AM by carmineabbatiello »