• 80 replies

DFF6

LJ declares for draft
« on: March 29, 2020, 10:26:53 PM »
Does this make sense?

Marillac

Re: LJ declares for draft
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:41:32 PM »
Yes, he’d be a fool to not get the feedback even if he wanted to stay.

I am the last person to post that a kid will go pro, but LJ is a goner. He was not a fan of Anderson and his game doesn’t match the style. I can’t see any scenario where he raises his play high enough to overcome the damage extra year of age will do to his stock.

His best bet is proving himself as a pro somewhere to make an attempt at the NBA or try to gain dual-citizenship in Spain.

I lived in Spain for two summers and met a handful of people from the DR who obtained citizenship much easier than in the US (first choice).

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 01:06:11 AM »
Yes, he’d be a fool to not get the feedback even if he wanted to stay.

I am the last person to post that a kid will go pro, but LJ is a goner. He was not a fan of Anderson and his game doesn’t match the style. I can’t see any scenario where he raises his play high enough to overcome the damage extra year of age will do to his stock.

His best bet is proving himself as a pro somewhere to make an attempt at the NBA or try to gain dual-citizenship in Spain.

I lived in Spain for two summers and met a handful of people from the DR who obtained citizenship much easier than in the US (first choice).
Plus, our best players never stay for their senior seasons.  It's a large part of the curse.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 08:28:10 AM »
Led the league in steals. Was about to break single season 3 point record at SJU before season got called. “Not a fan of Anderson”
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 10:43:15 AM »
Led the league in steals. Was about to break single season 3 point record at SJU before season got called. “Not a fan of Anderson”

If you poke around a little bit you’ll hear the same.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:49:02 PM by Johnnies93!! »

Johnny23

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 03:47:06 PM »
http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2020/03/2019-20-mbwa-awards-ballot.html

But...but...LJ and Heron were both 2nd team All BE selections in the preseason before any real games were played so that has to count for something...style points maybe? Said some patrons of this board  ;D

This further illustrates what a solid job Anderson did in Year 1. Just imagine what he does next year with a much more talented roster.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »
But...but...LJ and Heron were both 2nd team All BE selections in the preseason before any real games were played so that has to count for something...style points maybe? Said some patrons of this board  ;D

This further illustrates what a solid job Anderson did in Year 1. Just imagine what he does next year with a much more talented roster.

Heron was the worst starting player in the BE. Can’t blame anyone but himself for that. He left auburn, team improved. He got hurt, team improved. He’s talented. He’s a good shooter. He’s athletic, but he has no instincts for the game.

Alpha Bangura, Part 2

Foad

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:59 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 07:09:36 PM »

Goddamn you are stupid. Jaden Daley is a poster on redmen. It’s as credible as a “Poison’s Picks” blog. Further, what team did you expect them to make? Heron didn’t even play the second half of the conference schedule and LJ was jacking 35 foot bombs since we had no semblance of a half court offense.

It’s weird how you guys can so effortlessly throw kids under the bus while blindly supporting a grown man. I still don’t understand why it’s so important to assess blame when a player’s game doesn’t line up with a coach’s style.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:09 PM »
Was about to break single season 3 point record at SJU before season got called. “
Doubtful.

He had 72 tying the great Avery Patterson to 3'lo's 79. I guess IF he exploded in the second half against Creighton and IF we beat Creighton and IF we made the Nit there was a chance.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 10:21:39 PM »
Yes, I agree that how little he got from his two most talented players was a strike against CFC in his opening season.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 11:30:48 PM »

In what world is the roster more talented?

There were aspects Anderson improved and there were areas he was deficient. Losing talent will not help that curve.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 11:32:46 PM »
Goddamn you are stupid. Jaden Daley is a poster on redmen. It’s as credible as a “Poison’s Picks” blog. Further, what team did you expect them to make? Heron didn’t even play the second half of the conference schedule and LJ was jacking 35 foot bombs since we had no semblance of a half court offense.

It’s weird how you guys can so effortlessly throw kids under the bus while blindly supporting a grown man. I still don’t understand why it’s so important to assess blame when a player’s game doesn’t line up with a coach’s style.

I don't think it's about LJ not lining up with style but rather coach's lack of style allowed teams to key in on LJ and wear him down physically and mentally. Losing compounds that.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 12:46:01 AM »
In what world is the roster more talented?

There were aspects Anderson improved and there were areas he was deficient. Losing talent will not help that curve.

Losing LJ ain’t nothing. We can all see that, even if he did blow every big moment he was given.

Who else did we lose?

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 02:34:33 AM »
Losing Heron, LJ, Steere, Sears and ________

Bringing in Cole, Moore, ALexander, Wusu, random lug off a lower confrences bench.

Yeah, more talented roster. Got it.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 08:39:08 AM »

Bringing in Cole, Moore, ALexander, Wusu, random lug off a lower confrences bench.

Outside of LJ, we’re better off. Especially with Heron, who played like a freshman for two years.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:39:46 AM by Poison »

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 09:22:54 AM »

You forgot losing Rutherford, McGriff as well.

Look I'm sure the team will play hard and scrappy but the facts are we are not a very talented or experienced team.

Johnny23

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 09:57:54 AM »
You forgot losing Rutherford, McGriff as well.

Look I'm sure the team will play hard and scrappy but the facts are we are not a very talented or experienced team.

Is McGriff definitely gone? I haven't seen any source for this.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 10:37:12 AM »

We’re not losing Steere or Heron because they were already lost.

Sears vs whatever big we get? Let’s see how that works out.

And let’s see how LJ’s draft process goes before we say that’s a loss.

Posh will be an immediate rotation guy at a position of need. Cole will fill in on the wing nicely hopefully  supplementing LJ opposed to replacing him. Still, Williams and Dunn are quality big East guards to help take on more of the load if need be.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.