When do the excuses run out?

• 268 replies

Marillac

Re: When do the excuses run out?
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2021, 07:52:51 PM »
Two weeks ago you were praising his player development.

You guys are psychopaths. The problem at St. John’s is us. We are a truly despicable fan base. There is never a middle ground and no coach is ever more than 3 weeks away from talks of firing. Everybody thinks they are a big shot.

No more firing. Are you people insane? How many goddamn times are we going to fire someone? Does it ever get better? Are you crazy f*cks capable of pattern recognition?

Give Anderson an RBG contract and call it a decade.

He’s going to win 3-4 in a row at some point this year and some lunatics will be right back on the mountain top singing his praises.

Good post, Marillac.

Poison

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2021, 11:43:39 PM »
Good post, Marillac.

Well, it’s true, if we finished the season with two conference wins, I could see the University deciding to cut their losses and move on. That possibility is based on more than just these last two seasons. They just hired a new President, and he may have another idea, or he just may not be as patient you are Marillac

That said, I’m not sure where you are these days with crazy conspiracy theories, and predictions like when you said Trump had it in the bag, but your take here is fair. We all need to chill out and give it some time.

Marillac

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2021, 12:04:35 AM »
Well, it’s true, if we finished the season with two conference wins, I could see the University deciding to cut their losses and move on. That possibility is based on more than just these last two seasons. They just hired a new President, and he may have another idea, or he just may not be as patient you are Marillac

That said, I’m not sure where you are these days with crazy conspiracy theories, and predictions like when you said Trump had it in the bag, but your take here is fair. We all need to chill out and give it some time.

It's not a "crazy conspiracy" theory to predict the outcome of an election.

I have not changed my stance on Anderson.  The problem is that our fans only deal in extremes so it's confusing when a poster can both compliment and be critical of a coach.  Everyone else chooses a favorite coach and then latches onto them like Gollum to his precious. Firing coaches clearly doesn't work here. We just keep getting different versions of the same caliber coach.

Anderson finishes his rosters well (like Norm but with a semblance of balance), had identified some diamonds in the rough, doesn't let his big men act like guards too much, etc.  Those are all positives. But he is a below average X's and O's guy and doesn't seem to be able to land the real big recruits here.  Even with his gimmicky system, I wonder how sustainable finding Champagnie and Wusu type talents really is long term.  It really doesn't give him much room to make mistakes. E.g., Cole starting slower than he expected has been devastating. I'm sure he signed him thinking that was a 15 ppg player right out of the gate.

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2021, 11:59:46 PM »
“When do excuses run out”

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2021, 12:37:47 AM »

This board has turned into absolute clowns

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2021, 07:16:44 AM »
This board has turned into absolute clowns

Yea your right this thread was a clown thread to start to talk about moving on from a coach who had us in NIT in year 1 and was 12 games through year 2 and was 6-6 and we talking about excuses and everyone wants him gone that’s the true clowns of this board.

Now we are 12-7 and the Anderson haters are very very quiet and have went back inside there shells and will be very quiet until they are given there next time to come out.

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2021, 05:33:38 PM »

Dan

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2021, 02:13:41 PM »
Here's the thing, "when do the excuses run out" is still valid. This was a put up or shut up year for Anderson. There should be no excuses. And now his team is putting up and credit to him for that. I didn't see it coming and most didn't. This team looked dead in the water. Now they're clicking on all cylinders.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:13:59 PM by Dan »

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
Here's the thing, "when do the excuses run out" is still valid. This was a put up or shut up year for Anderson. There should be no excuses. And now his team is putting up and credit to him for that. I didn't see it coming and most didn't. This team looked dead in the water. Now they're clicking on all cylinders.

A put up or shut up year? Good god
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2021, 09:17:29 PM »
It's a weird year.

We're playing hard and well collectively. Champagnie and Posh could be like what Desi Rodriguez and Isaiah Whitehead were for Seton Hall. At this point they are on that trajectory. 

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2021, 09:26:47 PM »
It's a weird year.

We're playing hard and well collectively. Champagnie and Posh could be like what Desi Rodriguez and Isaiah Whitehead were for Seton Hall. At this point they are on that trajectory. 

With respect to those guys, it’s higher. And I think you know that.

Poison

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2021, 11:04:51 PM »

You think Champ and Posh are ahead of those guys? I think if that’s our comp, I’d be psyched. They won the BE tournament.

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2021, 11:19:07 PM »

With respect? Higher?

I guess anything I say is not good enough for some folks here. They won the Big East championship and Whitehead went onto play in NBA. Desi was somewhat of an unheralded local recruit who went onto become a great 4 year player in conference. The impact they had for Seton Hall significantly changed their identity and their status within the Big East.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2021, 12:49:59 AM »
With respect? Higher?

I guess anything I say is not good enough for some folks here. They won the Big East championship and Whitehead went onto play in NBA. Desi was somewhat of an unheralded local recruit who went onto become a great 4 year player in conference. The impact they had for Seton Hall significantly changed their identity and their status within the Big East.

If that’s what we have, Whitehead and Rodriguez-level talents, that’s better than where we’ve been for ten years. And in that case, why is there such great concern for our lack of highly ranked talent?

The toys that no one wanted are looking like proof that Coach Anderson and his staff know
what they’re doing. They know how to evaluate and develop talent.

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2021, 06:37:34 AM »
With respect? Higher?

My mistake I thought you said Carrington not whitehead. I think our two guys compare favorably to Carrington and Dezi. Whitehead is a different story my fault.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:39:03 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2021, 06:39:53 AM »
You think Champ and Posh are ahead of those guys? I think if that’s our comp, I’d be psyched. They won the BE tournament.

I was mistakenly thinking of Carrington instead of Whitehead

Poison

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2021, 07:15:00 AM »
I was mistakenly thinking of Carrington instead of Whitehead

I don’t see the difference. Carrington was a great 4 player. Just as good as Whitehead.

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2021, 07:54:28 AM »
I don’t see the difference. Carrington was a great 4 player. Just as good as Whitehead.

I don’t want to hijacks Dave’s point anymore than I already did. What I disagreed with (again thinking it was dezi and Carrington) was the word trajectory. Julian has already put together a better season than Dezi ever did. Posh I think will have a bigger individual impact than Carrington. But whitehead is a different story.

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2021, 08:24:24 AM »
Think Whitehead and Desi are great examples if that’s what Posh and Julian are on track to being. Would sign up for that in a second. Just hopefully a Couple tourney wins also :)

Poison

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2021, 12:00:02 PM »
I don’t want to hijacks Dave’s point anymore than I already did. What I disagreed with (again thinking it was dezi and Carrington) was the word trajectory. Julian has already put together a better season than Dezi ever did. Posh I think will have a bigger individual impact than Carrington. But whitehead is a different story.

Whitehead ain’t Ray Allen.