Fordham

• 6 replies

Poison

Fordham
« on: December 06, 2021, 12:01:29 AM »
Back from the Fordham game. The new line up is faster, and gets after it.

Biggest surprise tonight was the transfer from Texas Tech, Nyiwe. Hit a three, blocked some shots, and grabbed 8 boards. He could be coached into a productive player, but there will be some growing pains.

Like seeing Wusu in the starting line up. 11 and 11 is an impressive first start. I love that he’s playing aggressive ball.

Soriano and Smith played sparingly, but they played hard when their numbers were called, instead of taking their ball and going home.

Really like how Mathis played tonight. Reminds me a little of Felipe. Love how he finishes around the basketball in traffic.

Re: Fordham
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »
Missed the game but is Nyiwe good? Poison referenced it but he seems to fit well with the rest of the starting lineup.

Ready for BE play, have found it hard to follow OOC play besides the big games.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 04:26:44 PM »
Back from the Fordham game. The new line up is faster, and gets after it.

Biggest surprise tonight was the transfer from Texas Tech, Nyiwe. Hit a three, blocked some shots, and grabbed 8 boards. He could be coached into a productive player, but there will be some growing pains.

Like seeing Wusu in the starting line up. 11 and 11 is an impressive first start. I love that he’s playing aggressive ball.

Soriano and Smith played sparingly, but they played hard when their numbers were called, instead of taking their ball and going home.

Really like how Mathis played tonight. Reminds me a little of Felipe. Love how he finishes around the basketball in traffic.
Solid post but I just don't see the Felipe-Mathis comparison.

ras

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 07:39:19 PM »
Missed the game but is Nyiwe good? Poison referenced it but he seems to fit well with the rest of the starting lineup.

Ready for BE play, have found it hard to follow OOC play besides the big games.
Nyiwe did look good against Fordham, but have to see more games to make determination.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 01:52:22 AM »
Solid post but I just don't see the Felipe-Mathis comparison.

Just a little. Mathis has been more aggressive, but he’s got the ability to finish with an athleticism that reminded me of Felipe. I think he’s an important part of the team because we’ve got one slasher, and a roster full of guys that couldn’t take FDU or St.Francis off the dribble.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 02:24:52 PM »
The Mathis-Lopez comparison is insanity. Mathis is a role player. I’ve been very impressed with his effort, particularly on defense, but comparing to a player like Lopez? Relax.

Nyiwe would be a top 3-5 player on Fordham any year and we just took their best big man this year. Let’s keep that in perspective. If he’s playing 20 mpg for us then something went terribly wrong.

I think he can be a defend player, but I don’t think it’s this year.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 03:12:58 PM »
The Mathis-Lopez comparison is insanity. Mathis is a role player. I’ve been very impressed with his effort, particularly on defense, but comparing to a player like Lopez? Relax.

Nyiwe would be a top 3-5 player on Fordham any year and we just took their best big man this year. Let’s keep that in perspective. If he’s playing 20 mpg for us then something went terribly wrong.

I think he can be a defend player, but I don’t think it’s this year.

I said he reminds me a little of Lopez.
Not he’s Lopez’ clone.

I thought we took Fordham’s best big man. I was wrong. Ohams is leagues better.