Colgate, 12/12, Noon

• 6 replies

Poison

Colgate, 12/12, Noon
« on: December 12, 2021, 12:37:17 PM »
Gotta say, I love how Omar Stanley has the understanding and ability to not commit an offensive foul, finish and draw the foul. He’s our most talented big man by far.

Re: Colgate, 12/12, Noon
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 12:45:11 PM »
Gotta say, I love how Omar Stanley has the understanding and ability to not commit an offensive foul, finish and draw the foul. He’s our most talented big man by far.
Agree. Nyiwe makes a well done steak look raw.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 01:33:21 PM »
Am I the only one who is really, really impressed by Pinzon?

cjfish

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
Kid does look good.  Needed a blowout for confidence level as real season begins.  Loved today's defense and hustle.....great depth will be a huge factor in wearing teams down

Poison

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 11:43:45 PM »
Agree. Nyiwe makes a well done steak look raw.

Nyiwe is going to take some time, as will Soriano. I’m not looking forward to what real BE bigs will do to them.

Aaron Wheeler was a big today off the bench, and a good one until he start jacking up threes. Please stop doing that. There’s a reason you’re wide open.

Our three point shooting is pretty bad overall without Coburn. I didn’t want to admit it, but Coburn may be Max Hooper.

Stef Smith has played well since Kansas. Maybe he’s found a role as a 6th man.

Pinzon was the player we saw a glimpse of va Indiana today. We’re gonna need him to be that guy often.

Pittsburgh won’t get us much in terms of cred for beating them. We could probably beat them with just our bench.

Still, there’s part of me that feels for what this Pittsburgh program has been through in recent years, so after the game, I hope the St.John’s fan base extends a hand to the Pittsburgh team and shows them where all of our best strip clubs are. A courtesy, our program was not extended in 2005.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 10:54:20 AM »

He needs more minutes.  I expect him to be very coachable over the next 3-4 years. He has all-Big East ceiling.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 10:56:55 AM »
Am I the only one who is really, really impressed by Pinzon?

I don't think there is any doubt he will be a very good offensive player.  I think he lacks the physical talent to defend small guards at a high level though.  He might be able to be a neutral defender with his instincts and length combined with some rebounding. He could be a good complement to Posh...who likes to switch between scoring guard and running the show.