St. John's @ Creighton 1/19

• 3 replies
St. John's @ Creighton 1/19
« on: January 19, 2022, 11:15:55 PM »
This was a full fledged throttling. We led 2-0 and that's it. Embarrassing effort and now we're 0-5 in Quad 1 games.

This is an utterly disappointing team. They don't do anything well and are getting destroyed on the boards. I wouldn't be surprised if there is unrest behind the scenes again.  There is no chemistry on this squad.

Re: St. John's @ Creighton 1/19
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 12:47:18 AM »
Agree, seems like a disconnect between CMA and his players. Maybe old school Anderson and this generation of players just not on same page. CMA says they identified the shooters and communicated this to the team yet they continued to leave a 55% 3 point shooter open to the tune of a 28 point night for O'Connell.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 06:17:55 AM »
It’s hard to not be discouraged. Anderson is stuck in his systems. Switching up defenses. Play a zone, straight up man to man. The team gets killed with all the switching. How many times is Soriano at the top of the key. Guarding a guard who blows right past him. And why do all the players never use their butts to box out? I'm not a coach and these things are obvious to me. And if you are a pressing team then press the whole court. Not stop at half court I want mike to succeed and hope he still does. After watching 2 1/2 years it looks like his schemes have been passed by.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 07:54:26 AM »
It’s hard to not be discouraged. Anderson is stuck in his systems. Switching up defenses. Play a zone, straight up man to man. The team gets killed with all the switching. How many times is Soriano at the top of the key. Guarding a guard who blows right past him. And why do all the players never use their butts to box out? I'm not a coach and these things are obvious to me. And if you are a pressing team then press the whole court. Not stop at half court I want mike to succeed and hope he still does. After watching 2 1/2 years it looks like his schemes have been passed by.

We haven’t boxed out in twenty years. Wheeler is a terrible rebounder, but most of them are.