St. John's vs Seton Hall 1/ 22 @ MSG

• 10 replies
St. John's vs Seton Hall 1/ 22 @ MSG
« on: January 22, 2022, 01:31:07 AM »
The Johnnies coming off one of the worst loses in the Anderson era are set to take on a Seton Hall team that has lost two straight and has it's back against the wall. This home and home is either the turning point or the point of no return

This well be a tight one with Seton Hall's size and dominance on the boards propelling them.

Prediction:

St. John's 77
Seton Hall 81

Re: St. John's vs Seton Hall 1/ 22 @ MSG
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 01:57:53 AM »
The Johnnies coming off one of the worst loses in the Anderson era are set to take on a Seton Hall team that has lost two straight and has it's back against the wall. This home and home is either the turning point or the point of no return

This well be a tight one with Seton Hall's size and dominance on the boards propelling them.

Prediction:

St. John's 77
Seton Hall 81

Agree with turning point-if we go an unlikely 2-0. Agree with point of no return if we go 0-2. Third option is a split which would be treading water and put the onus on following games against Nova and Friars.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 12:50:27 PM »
Fugly first half of basketball

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »
We can’t even beat SH without their PG at home…but we can lose to awful Pitt without the most overrated player in Big East history, Champagnie. I wish they would just scrap the program.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 06:38:31 PM »
The NCAA dream is over barring a miracle

Since the first day Mike signed his contract here a couple of us were beating the drum that he wasn't a good hire. I'm not even going to say I'm glad we were correct,  but it was obvious it wasn't a good fit and he lost his fastball many years ago.

I just remember the venom towards Mullin, a first time head coach and some fans still want to preach patience for a veteran like Mike Anderson? Come on man *Biden voice*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:47:58 PM by Redy2Rumble »

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 10:13:40 PM »
The NCAA dream is over barring a miracle

Since the first day Mike signed his contract here a couple of us were beating the drum that he wasn't a good hire. I'm not even going to say I'm glad we were correct,  but it was obvious it wasn't a good fit and he lost his fastball many years ago.

I just remember the venom towards Mullin, a first time head coach and some fans still want to preach patience for a veteran like Mike Anderson? Come on man *Biden voice*

The venom towards Mullin was so weird. We have like 15 fans that create false narratives and then pass them around so often via personal messages that they become truth. Something one guy “heard” becomes fact after 20 retellings. It’s literally the worst fanbase on sports.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 10:59:11 PM »
The venom towards Mullin was so weird. We have like 15 fans that create false narratives and then pass them around so often via personal messages that they become truth. Something one guy “heard” becomes fact after 20 retellings. It’s literally the worst fanbase on sports.

It's the Yesmen.comers

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 11:00:10 PM »
Good win and effort tonight.
Team looked charged up and played hard on both ends. Glad they adjusted and pressed all game.
Nice job, boys!

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 12:49:52 AM »
Good win and effort tonight.
Team looked charged up and played hard on both ends. Glad they adjusted and pressed all game.
Nice job, boys!

The substitution pattern was nice, kept everyone fresh. Coburn should keep getting minutes. Champagnie better figure it out to have any chance against Nova.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 01:45:36 AM »
The substitution pattern was nice, kept everyone fresh. Coburn should keep getting minutes. Champagnie better figure it out to have any chance against Nova.

Agreed on Coburn. He is a threat that spreads the floor.

Not sure what to make of Posh coming off the bench?

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 09:16:31 AM »
Agreed on Coburn. He is a threat that spreads the floor.

Not sure what to make of Posh coming off the bench?

Usually it seems like you see that when a guy plays a little bit out of control or doesn’t have consistent energy, but Posh doesn’t have either of those issues.

On Champagnie-while he needs to pick up his scoring he didn’t let that effect his defense and he still moved the ball well on offense.