22-23 Championship Season

• 84 replies
22-23 Championship Season
« on: March 23, 2022, 02:15:52 PM »
I look for great things to happen next season.  If St. Peter's could reach the Sweet 16 with Shaheen Holloway then we can easily do the same with Iron Mike Anderson and his 40 minutes of hell!
Of course there is a possibility that every St. John's basketball fan dreads..........that Shaheen leads Seton Hall to the Big East championship and we go to the NIT.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 02:16:31 PM by Johnny Rotten »

Dan

Re: 22-23 Championship Season
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 08:16:49 PM »
CBI championship?

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 10:51:12 PM »
40 seconds of hell is all we’ve seen in three years.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 01:03:06 AM »
Have no fear Cragg addressed the unwashed masses today and we are on track to win a championship.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 04:37:13 AM »
I guess Cragg did ok with the q&a. His answers were vanilla and predictable, but the fact he claims he went away from Twitter for months so the dept. can reasses their social media strategy is plain bullshit. Stop pulling people's leg.

St. John's needs a hard nosed dog leading and I'm afraid Cragg is in over his head. Yes, he is a nice guy....we know.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 07:44:24 PM »
I guess Cragg did ok with the q&a. His answers were vanilla and predictable, but the fact he claims he went away from Twitter for months so the dept. can reasses their social media strategy is plain bullshit. Stop pulling people's leg.

St. John's needs a hard nosed dog leading and I'm afraid Cragg is in over his head. Yes, he is a nice guy....we know.

RM.com posters lick his balls.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 07:21:29 PM »
Andre Curbelo has entered the portal and there are rumors he could be a target.

I'm not sure where he fits and why he would come here in the current situation. Posh is solidified at the pg position for two more years. The team does need another ball handler though and they have played Posh off the ball with Dunn. I like Curbelo but in the end I don't see the fit. TBD

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 12:28:20 PM »
With Cole declaring for draft won't Uconn look hard at Curbelo?

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 12:35:39 PM »
With Cole declaring for draft won't Uconn look hard at Curbelo?

So will Rick Pitino

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 03:06:08 PM »
Andre Curbelo has entered the portal and there are rumors he could be a target.

I'm not sure where he fits and why he would come here in the current situation. Posh is solidified at the pg position for two more years. The team does need another ball handler though and they have played Posh off the ball with Dunn. I like Curbelo but in the end I don't see the fit. TBD

Posh needs a second PG. He’s at his best when he’s spreads his time on and off the ball. Curbelo is similar in that regard.

I am happy with Stanley, Nyiwe, and Soriano going forward. Would like to add a transfer there.

AJ Storr looks like the second best recruit Anderson has brought in. We really need a SG/SF to blow up.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »
Posh needs a second PG. He’s at his best when he’s spreads his time on and off the ball. Curbelo is similar in that regard.

I am happy with Stanley, Nyiwe, and Soriano going forward. Would like to add a transfer there.

AJ Storr looks like the second best recruit Anderson has brought in. We really need a SG/SF to blow up.

Desperately need shooters and a wing that can create off the dribble and attack the rim. Curbelo would be a nice addition but in the end who is he passing to?

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 09:32:45 PM »
Whatever they do they’ll do it without Wheeler. This team and program is going nowhere with Mediocre Mike at the helm.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 12:59:35 AM »
Whatever they do they’ll do it without Wheeler. This team and program is going nowhere with Mediocre Mike at the helm.

Expected him to leave. We're setting up to be a last place team. Expectations are so low now that if Mike pulls a rabbit out of his hat and we're a middle of the pack team his delusional supporters will praise the effort.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 07:31:23 AM »
Expected him to leave. We're setting up to be a last place team. Expectations are so low now that if Mike pulls a rabbit out of his hat and we're a middle of the pack team his delusional supporters will praise the effort.

Sorry, disagree, this is addition by subtraction. My sources told me that Wheeler - like every player who leaves SJU prematurely -was a cancer who only cared about his own statistics and was unable to handle the pressure of playing for a storied program in the media capital of the world. I have every confidence that Iron Mike will find someone like Arnaldo Toro or Tareq Coburn who's ready to step in and make an immediate impact that will catapult our beloved program to its rightful place at the top of the Big East.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 11:18:09 AM »
Sorry, disagree, this is addition by subtraction. My sources told me that Wheeler - like every player who leaves SJU prematurely -was a cancer who only cared about his own statistics and was unable to handle the pressure of playing for a storied program in the media capital of the world. I have every confidence that Iron Mike will find someone like Arnaldo Toro or Tareq Coburn who's ready to step in and make an immediate impact that will catapult our beloved program to its rightful place at the top of the Big East.
Can mods please move this post to Redmen.com    :D

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 02:10:22 PM »
Wheeler is the kind of player that can put up good stats on a terrible team. His decision-making late in games was just terrible.

He had some attributes that could help a decent team off the bench, but it’s really hard to get kids to buy into that role after their freshman year. I don’t think this is a big loss. I prefer Stanley to him going forward.

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »
Wheeler is the kind of player that can put up good stats on a terrible team. His decision-making late in games was just terrible.

He had some attributes that could help a decent team off the bench, but it’s really hard to get kids to buy into that role after their freshman year. I don’t think this is a big loss. I prefer Stanley to him going forward.

Mods, please also move this to wokemen.com. 

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 05:45:37 PM »

Wheeler could stretch the defense and was a 3 point threat. He had some good games and showed flashes.  Wusu is now our best outside shooter

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 06:01:00 PM »
Wheeler could stretch the defense and was a 3 point threat. He had some good games and showed flashes.  Wusu is now our best outside shooter

What’s the point of your PF shooting threes? Who is going to rebound? Any coach in the conference would be  happy to give Wheeler 10 deep shots. That is a loss 9/10 for St. John’s.

I’m all for competent big men shooters taking open looks if they take care of their primary role. Wheeler was actually a really good offensive rebounder when he was inside.

Poison

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2022, 02:25:01 PM »
Mathis is returning for another season. I’m not gonna knock any kid who hustles on defense.