Glover Sues NCAA, Big East

• 20 replies
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »
Good luck...

Posted on Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am
Seton Hall’s Michael Glover has filed a lawsuit against the NCAA and the Big East Conference after being declared a non-qualifier and having to sit out his freshman season.

Seton Hall coach Bobby Gonzalez had high hopes that Glover would be able to suit up for the Pirates, and even held out hope after Glover enrolled as a non-scholarship student.

But if Glover were to win this lawsuit, it would cause a radical change in the landscape of college basketball, paving the way for other non-qualifiers to end up playing college ball.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Glover Sues NCAA, Big East
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
If any Glover should be suing anybody it's Anthony. He should be suing Mike Jarvis & i'm not even kidding.... When he scored 33 his freshmen year against Hofstra i thought we had a "baby barkley" on our hands. And although he may not have turned into the next "sir charles"... just about ANY coach in America would have DEVELOPED him more than that bald stooge Jarvis did.. ::) .. tough break kid... Good Luck!!!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »
Good luck...

Posted on Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am
Seton Hall’s Michael Glover has filed a lawsuit against the NCAA and the Big East Conference after being declared a non-qualifier and having to sit out his freshman season.

Seton Hall coach Bobby Gonzalez had high hopes that Glover would be able to suit up for the Pirates, and even held out hope after Glover enrolled as a non-scholarship student.

But if Glover were to win this lawsuit, it would cause a radical change in the landscape of college basketball, paving the way for other non-qualifiers to end up playing college ball.

Forgive me, but I dont understand this. Glover is suing the NCAA because hes just not that smart? If thats the case, I want to sue the NCAA for not being good enough to play Big East hoops.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:00:16 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:01:10 AM »
if you're not smart...get a smart lawyer.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »
http://www.projo.com/news/content/setonhall_recruit_09-10-08_ESBH2AH_v18.1452fa0.html

Did he stay at Seton Hall all year ?

could he just go to JC & become eligible Sept 09 ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
http://www.projo.com/news/content/setonhall_recruit_09-10-08_ESBH2AH_v18.1452fa0.html

Did he stay at Seton Hall all year ?

could he just go to JC & become eligible Sept 09 ?

I am biased because I think the NCAA is a terrible organization that does 1 think well, runs a kick ass basketball tournament.  Baby Glover is by no means a superstar academically, but the reason they are not allowing him to qualify is not because his grades were too low or because his SATs didn't cut mustard.  He is a non-qualifier because his grades went up to much his last year.  They are questioning his record.  The kid has spent a year at SHU already attending classes and presumably passing them.  To me, thats proof he can cut it in college.  Let the poor kid play. 

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »
NCAA is a joke!!!!

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 07:25:14 AM »
if this young man had taken care of his academics while in high school he would not be in this position today...

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:38:11 AM »
his grades were fine in senior year, and in the freshman year at SHU, but the ncaa is still questioning it.

the NCAA is an absolute joke.

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 08:46:53 AM »
his grades were fine in senior year, and in the freshman year at SHU, but the ncaa is still questioning it.

the NCAA is an absolute joke.

he obviously had issues being eligible...   

one year of good grades doesn't mean you took care of your business in high school..   

The joke is everyone thinking the NCAA is a joke evverytime they hold people to any sort of standard...

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
but if he has good grades his first semster, it's a clear indictation he can handle the college work.

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »
Or a clear indication of a coach tryin' desperate to get a playa on the court.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »
but if he has good grades his first semster, it's a clear indictation he can handle the college work.

or he probably took a cupcake schedule lets see him take calculus, philosophy, accounting, etc. and not electives.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:46:37 AM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »

Choz..   why do you dislike Gonzo so much...?

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »

or he probably took a cupcake schedule lets see him take calculus, philosophy, accounting, etc. and not electives.

the subject doesn't matter.  it's all about the teacher....

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »

I've got to call you out on the inexperience/youth card here. You're still in high school and even though your father is a college professor you do not know what college classrooms are like especially for student athletes.

Randomhero423

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

I've got to call you out on the inexperience/youth card here. You're still in high school and even though your father is a college professor you do not know what college classrooms are like especially for student athletes.

if it's easy it's because the teacher makes it easy.  greg oden taking "rock and roll history" can be a tough class.  it all depends on the teacher and if they want to make it easy for them.

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:17 PM »

if it's easy it's because the teacher makes it easy.  greg oden taking "rock and roll history" can be a tough class.  it all depends on the teacher and if they want to make it easy for them.

To a degree you are correct however some subject matters are easier than others. Also student-athlete advisors aren't sending their students to hardass teachers.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »

Sorry, I disagree.  There are definitely some majors more difficult than others and certain departments in schools hold different requirements and standards than others.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

Choz..   why do you dislike Gonzo so much...?

Tolentine in '89, bre. Tolentine in '89...
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.