New seating configuration for sections 6 & 12?

• 9 replies
New seating configuration for sections 6 & 12?
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:21:24 AM »
What did you guys think of the new seating in section 6 & 12? I was impressed with the crowd, more than I expected. Maybe JJ (or Dave now) was right and there won’t be enough room for the students.

And I believe that the guys in section 12 did impact the blackbird’s free throw shooting.

Re: New seating configuration for sections 6 & 12?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
The view from the seats were awesome and I like being behind the the basket at an elevated level however its tight. If more students start coming to games there won't be enough room and St. John's limited themselves here. Hopefully this becomes a problem.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »
I wonder if being that high up poses a distraction to the opposing players.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
What's with the table with people right under the other basket, though (I think that's where it was)?  At east two players ran right into... a table.  Anyone else see that?

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »
What's with the table with people right under the other basket, though (I think that's where it was)?  At east two players ran right into... a table.  Anyone else see that?

Media, Communications, Information people.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 12:32:29 AM »
St. John's better make some IMMEDIATE improvments to that area behind the basket.  First off pad those walls because someone is going to get seriously hurt there.  I understand the need for media but find somewhere else for them.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 01:40:18 PM »
I agree...and i thought the same thing about the stand that the band leader was standing on.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 01:52:14 AM »
St. John's better make some IMMEDIATE improvments to that area behind the basket.  First off pad those walls because someone is going to get seriously hurt there.  I understand the need for media but find somewhere else for them.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree completely.

I read a post on one of the boards where the poster said he wished the “end zone” seats were lower and closer to the court? Didn’t we have lower before? And how much closer can we really get?

I do agree that the “walls” need to be padded, and the overflow of media moved away from that area. It’s a disaster waiting to happen!

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
They are planning on padding the walls so don't worry everyone.  There is nowhere else to place the media, communications, etc.  There is a reason why they are on the court, everyone down there serves a purpose. 

As for the student section, they were placed there so everyone could be together as an official 'student section.'  It is much better then forcing students to sit on the side if they get there late.  Just wait until the big games, I'm sure it will be CRAZY!!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »

As for the student section, they were placed there so everyone could be together as an official 'student section.'  It is much better then forcing students to sit on the side if they get there late.  Just wait until the big games, I'm sure it will be CRAZY!!

i sure hope so. there is no reason why the student section is not packed, it only seats 170.