Phill Wait

• 10 replies
Phill Wait
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
Lost amidst the giddiness of breaking 80 is the fact that in 4 minutes Phil Wait surpassed the career totals in points and rebounds of Keita and Diakete... combined!!!

kjd01067

Re: Phill Wait
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:40:05 AM »
I hope Phil gets some burn tonight.  I am very interested to see him play and think he could be a good player for us down the road.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »
Anybdy know how he score?

Put back?
J?
Hook?
Post move?
Dunk?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »
I heard it was off a defensive rebound...he took it full court.  Boothe called for it right away but Wait waived him off.  Wait then split 3 defenders...threw it off the backboard...and then threw it down with his left hand! :o

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »
THEN he whipped out the "Ascension Dunk!"

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50097

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »
Phil Wait did take it coast to coast with a shake and bake like move draining a deep 3 nothing but net in the student pep rally. I thought Lance Stehpenson's dad was going to lay an egg from laughing so hard.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:57:51 PM »

Put back?
J?
Hook?
Post move?
Dunk?

It was a tip in.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 01:03:12 PM »

Put back?
J?
Hook?
Post move?
Dunk?

It was a tip in.

haha...after all that he finally gets his answer.  I meant to put it in my original post but forgot.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »
More important than the  tip-in and 3 boards was his defense on the 7 footer. The guy was backing in on Evans and Coker, faking right and spinning left to score easily. Phil played him straight up and didn't go for his fake. When he put up his shot,  he kept his arms up and clearly altered his shot without fouling. Very nice defense. I'm hoping this kid gets more minutes tonight.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
big men always start out very raw...but a guy his size can be very effective even when in that early stage of development...he takes up alot of space in the lane

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
More important than the  tip-in and 3 boards was his defense on the 7 footer. The guy was backing in on Evans and Coker, faking right and spinning left to score easily. Phil played him straight up and didn't go for his fake. When he put up his shot,  he kept his arms up and clearly altered his shot without fouling. Very nice defense. I'm hoping this kid gets more minutes tonight.
Good to hear.  Wait's 21, I would hope that he has a little more patience or something.  A big man with his hands up and in not bad position, one who doesn't jump at every fake?  Makes a difference.