SJU BB ticket: Buy one get one FREE promotion

• 11 replies
SJU BB ticket: Buy one get one FREE promotion
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
FYI....

coupon on 2 liter coke bottles at food emporium. not valid for duke game and there is a $4.50 facility fee at MSG. good for carnesecca scheduled games as well.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:36:02 AM by Dave »

Re: **JJ Exclusive**Buy one get one FREE SJU BB ticket
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:53:21 PM »
Thats cool trying to get the games packed with some more locals.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
that's a great promo...

congrats to monasch and the marketing people.

i wonder if it's all local food emporiums.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:10:54 PM »
43rd/9th ave NYC

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »
i see there's one on 49th and seventh...not far from work.  i'll check it out.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »
If they lowered ticket prices they'd have more butts in the stands. I think the economics would prove to be more valuable for them too. More people = more concessions.

If you sell 30 tickets for $20 = $600

If you sell 20 tickets for $30 = $600

If you sell 40 tickets for $15 = $600

If you sell 60 tickets for $10 = $600

Which one would you choose?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
FYI....

coupon on 2 liter coke bottles at food emporium. not valid for duke game and there is a $4.50 facility fee at MSG. good for carnesecca scheduled games as well.
Once again, Monasch rewarding the season ticket holders.
I wonder why UConn or even Syracuse wasn't exempt as well.

Re: SJU BB ticket: Buy one get one FREE promotion
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:48:22 AM »
this promotion is a result of too few season ticket holders.

i'm glad the school is trying to find ways to put fannys in the seats.  the full freight ticket prices are absurd for the product the school puts on the court. 

even if no extra tickets are sold, this promotion puts st john's in the minds of people who might pick up a hat or shirt...and it might convince some high school players we're really big time.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 01:57:44 AM »
Eat at the Applebee's in Astoria right off of Steinway Street on the first Tuesday of the month and get free St. John's tickets. Don't know if this promo is at other Applebee's but I plan on checking it out in a couple weeks.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 02:55:55 AM »
this promotion is a result of too few season ticket holders.

i'm glad the school is trying to find ways to put fannys in the seats.  the full freight ticket prices are absurd for the product the school puts on the court. 

even if no extra tickets are sold, this promotion puts st john's in the minds of people who might pick up a hat or shirt...and it might convince some high school players we're really big time.
I understand your point of view.

Realistically, if they octupled the price, I'd pay it, but the policy should discourage the less fortunate folks, who may have contemplated whether or not to use some of their disposable income to renew their season tickets, from renewing them in the future, particularly if they're not in a decent seat. They'll have the comfort in knowing that Monasch and Myron will enact a half price sale just after the season begins.

From Myron's point of view, he's hoping he can can get some additional revenue this season by selling these empty seats at half price and yet not reducing his dwindling season ticket base in future seasons.

I don't think the policy will convince any recruit that we're big time, but I certainly wish it was an unintended consequence.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 04:23:07 AM »
i think it's common knowledge that lower priced tickets will go on sale after the season begins.  it's a matter of waiting it out.  it happens with any venue where tickets remain.  st john's never seemed to take advantage of this opportunity.

many people don't want to wait.  they'll pay full freight to have the comfort of knowing they won't be hassled during the season scrounging around for tickets.

my point is i'm glad we're seeing an active marketing department.  the alternative we saw a couple of years ago was flat out embarassing.

it's ironic the tix are being sold on a soda bottle next to the missing kids.  i guess it's because the team has disappeared during the roberts era.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 08:17:58 AM »
My father came to the LIU game.  He's been coming to games for years.  He said that it was the last game he'd go to.  $33 for nosebleed seats....without backs......against a low-level D1 program.  Nevermind the product that they put on on the floor.

Almost makes the cost of my season tickets look cheap.  Almost.