3 Games In. What do you think? Survey

• 9 replies
3 Games In. What do you think? Survey
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:03:30 AM »
Copy and Paste Questions into your post and answer!

1. Who has been the most impressive player on the team?

2. Who has been your favorite player to watch so far?

3. Who is your favorite bench player?

4. What improvements in player's game have you seen?

5. Whats something different about the team you've seen?

6. What do you think of Norm's player rotation?

7. What do you think of Norm's clock management/time outs?

8. What is something that frustrates the hell out of you?

9. What is something you wish would change for the better?

10. Who do you like in the backup PG role?

11. If you had magic powers and could improve one player in one aspect of his game what would you do? (ex. Patrick Ewing more agile, Shaq a better FT shooter)

12. One player who should play more.

13. One player who should play less.

14. Your favorite lineup?

15. Favorite thing about JohnnyJungle.com
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: 3 Games In. What do you think? Survey
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »

Sean Evans. Looking like one of the only guys playing with heart and soul right now. He's not brimming with talent but improving every game. That takes hard work. I'll take hard work over lazy talent any day.

Evans and Horne.

Horne. When he comes off the bench, it seems to be a tempo-changer.

Evans at the line. Passing has been much better all around, and seems to be more purposeful. We still need to cut down the dumb turnovers though. I think it's more a case of wanting to do to much than being lazy thus far though. That's a good sign.

The faster tempo and I like it.

A lot better than years past. Still not great but as long as we're putting only BE talent on the floor, I won't complain.

I wish they would have played with more urgency in the last 5 minutes of the BC game. We need to score after a TO. Always.

Dumb fouls. Malik and Horne stand out to me. JB not being a force down low.

Our shooting. If any one of those wide open threes dropped, the BC outcome would have been drastically different.

Whoever can step up. It seems to be wide open right now. Boothe needs to play D with more intelligence and not back us into a corner on this issue though.

11. If you had magic powers and could improve one player in one aspect of his game what would you do? (ex. Patrick Ewing more agile, Shaq a better FT shooter)

Horne improve his jump shot...or just bring Larry Wright back.

Rob Thomas (I don't get it. What happened to this guy?)

If he continues to play like a clown who seems disconnected from the game situation, Mason.

I think we have a solid 7-8 player rotation. Put the hot hands in and I'm happy.

The forums.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

1. Who has been the most impressive player on the team? Evans

2. Who has been your favorite player to watch so far? Evans

3. Who is your favorite bench player? I don't have one yet.

4. What improvements in player's game have you seen? Evans is finishing. Boothe is scoring.

5. Whats something different about the team you've seen? They seem faster.

6. What do you think of Norm's player rotation? He is trusting Mason too much. If he can't be the go to guy, someone else deserves a shot.

7. What do you think of Norm's clock management/time outs? Too early to tell.

8. What is something that frustrates the hell out of you? That we never set picks or run plays. A clear sign that Norm Roberts is a horrible coach.

9. What is something you wish would change for the better? Fire the coach in March.

10. Who do you like in the backup PG role? Tyshawn Edmonson. Do we have a choice?

11. If you had magic powers and could improve one player in one aspect of his game what would you do? (ex. Patrick Ewing more agile, Shaq a better FT shooter) Coker could use an up and under.

12. One player who should play more. Quincy Roberts, because we need a shooter, and he made a shot once.

13. One player who should play less. Mason

14. Your favorite lineup? Boothe, Roberts, Kennedy, Burrell and Evans.

15. Favorite thing about JohnnyJungle.com? The articles, content and consistent support no matter what is refreshing, and certainly not easy. It's easy to say they suck. Any jerk can do that. The team itself is out of our hands.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »

Sean Evans. DJ Kennedy in 2nd. Horne and Boothe in 3rd.

Evans, Boothe and Horne. It's nice to see a true point guard.

Horne for now. I would like to see what Roberts could do with more minutes.

Kennedy, Horne and Evans seem to be playing better overall. Although Evans fustrated me by not boxing out!

The faster tempo is great. Although I wish (1) Mason would stop taking the long jumpers with so much time on the clock when he doesn't have the open shot and rather kick it back to Boothe to look for something else. (2) I wish they would try and run some plays for Burrell down low as well as Mason post up on occassion when he is playing someone smaller than him.

I agree it's been better. However, not great.

As the other poster said:
"I wish they would have played with more urgency in the last 5 minutes of the BC game. We need to score after a TO. Always."

Dumb fouls. Mason with his shot selection. JB not being a force down low. Guys need to play with more urgency when down.

Boxing out of the rebounds (especially on defense!!!), our shooting and shot selection.

I agree on whoever can step up. Also I think Roberts needs to take Boothe off the ball defender for a few minutes if he is in foul trouble (or play a bit of zone).

I am tossed up between Burrell's agressiveness down low and Horne's ball handling and passing skills to back up Boothe.

Rob Thomas, Phil Wait, Quincy Roberts? Not sure. None of them have played enough.

Mason needs to be pulled when he makes stupid decisions on offense.  

Can't say. I do know we need Boothe at the point in every lineup!

The forums.

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:15:05 PM »
1. Who has been the most impressive player on the team? - Sean Evans

2. Who has been your favorite player to watch so far? - Sean Evans

3. Who is your favorite bench player? - TJ

4. What improvements in player's game have you seen? - pace of that game, that is it

5. Whats something different about the team you've seen? - they are at least trying to push the ball

6. What do you think of Norm's player rotation? - I think Norm sucks in every facet of basketball coaching

7. What do you think of Norm's clock management/time outs? - see above

8. What is something that frustrates the hell out of you? - that the staff can't recruit to save their lives...

9. What is something you wish would change for the better? - the head coach

10. Who do you like in the backup PG role? - we don't have one so there is nothing to say

11. If you had magic powers and could improve one player in one aspect of his game what would you do? (ex. Patrick Ewing more agile, Shaq a better FT shooter) - Rob Thomas back to his physical abilities before he blew out his knee

12. One player who should play more. - Rob Thomas

13. One player who should play less. - Anthony Mason Jr

14. Your favorite lineup? - any with Mason on the bench

15. Favorite thing about JohnnyJungle.com - no comment

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:48 PM »
1. Who has been the most impressive player on the team? - Sean Evans

2. Who has been your favorite player to watch so far? - D.J Kennedy

3. Who is your favorite bench player? - Paris Horne

4. What improvements in player's game have you seen? - Sean Evans is getting aggressive on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. D.J seems to be taking it upon himself to be a scoring threat n leader on this team.

5. Whats something different about the team you've seen? - much, much quicker!

6. What do you think of Norm's player rotation? - Cant really complain, id like to see more of Phil Wait

7. What do you think of Norm's clock management/time outs? - Once again, nothing bad yet

8. What is something that frustrates the hell out of you? - bad shot selection, rushing the offense, and not getting the ball inside enough.

9. What is something you wish would change for the better? - Get Evans and Burrell into the game from the start. Establish dominance in the paint.

10. Who do you like in the backup PG role? - I guess TY

11. If you had magic powers and could improve one player in one aspect of his game what would you do? (ex. Patrick Ewing more agile, Shaq a better FT shooter) - Anthony Mason Jr. better shooting ability

12. One player who should play more. - Phil Wait

13. One player who should play less. - Until he controls his foul situation, Dele Coker

14. Your favorite lineup? - Boothe, DJ, Mase, Burrell, Evans

15. Favorite thing about JohnnyJungle.com - a true fans perspective.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »

Sean Evans. The weight he dropped over the off season is clearly helping his mobility and athleticism.

I liked DJ droppin' 20s in the first two games, that was fun. Seems everyone lost their shot though against BC. Over all three games, I'd say Evans because of what I said in No. 1.

Paris Horne. Awesome showing last night.

Sean's overall athleticism. His vision also improved. He's seeing the passes better and knows when to go for the hoop or give it up.

Runnin' and gunnin'. They really are a fast team, so keep at it, I guess. None of that matters if they can't drain open jumpers though.

Not bad. Coker's getting his minutes. Everyone seems well rested when they come back in. The only time I said WTF is when Boothe, TyShwan and Quincy were playing the 1-3 spots.

There haven't been any games where crunchtime clock management has come into play. Maybe against Cornell, they did a good job of getting that clock to tick away with a less-than-10-point lead. I agree with whoever said you absolutley need to score out of a TO.

The turnovers and defensive rebounding in the BC game. Atrocious, abysmal, awful, all of the above.

Three-point shooting. Guys are doing well to create the shots, they just have to be more accurate.

Quincy faired well backing up Boothe, so far. He made a couple freshman mistakes, but that's to be expected. Best to get it out of the way during the OOC schedule. Who I DID NOT LIKE in the backup role was Mason, Jr. It just looked wrong and awkward.

I would give JB the dexterity to have an array of low-post moves coupled with the ability to hit fade-aways and mid-range jumpers. How good would he be??

Phil Wait. Kid's a giant and his four minutes the other night showed promise. I think his presence in the BC game would have helped St. John's rebounding stats.

Ugh, probably Mase. He's just too necessary though. Everyone knows he can score, but if he's not, get the speedy lineup in there and feed Burrell and Evans.

To start? Boothe, Kennedy, Mase, Burrell, Evans.

The in-depth recruiting news and the forums, of course.

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »
1. Who has been the most impressive player on the team?  Sean Evans and DJ Kennedy

2. Who has been your favorite player to watch so far?  Sean Evans.  I love how gritty he is, and that he's not scared to take it to the hole.

3. Who is your favorite bench player?  Paris Horne.  Fun to watch, and is pretty good.

4. What improvements in player's game have you seen?  Dele Coker's conditioning and strength.

5. Whats something different about the team you've seen?  They look to run a lot more.

6. What do you think of Norm's player rotation?  No real complaints, I just wish there was a real backup point guard..

7. What do you think of Norm's clock management/time outs?  It seems like whenever he calls a time out, the possession is a turnover.  But the use of his time outs and everything, no real complaints so far. 

8. What is something that frustrates the hell out of you?  Norm's recruiting, Anthony Mason Jr., and the team not looking for Justin Burrell.

9. What is something you wish would change for the better?  Mason Jr showing senior leadership, going to the hole, and not taking silly shots...

10. Who do you like in the backup PG role?  Nobody. They are all two guards. 

11. If you had magic powers and could improve one player in one aspect of his game what would you do? (ex. Patrick Ewing more agile, Shaq a better FT shooter)  Malik Boothe three point shot. definitely..

12. One player who should play more.  Rob Thomas?  I can't really complain right now about that.

13. One player who should play less.  Mason.

14. Your favorite lineup?  Boothe -- Horne -- Kennedy -- Burrell -- Evans

15. Favorite thing about JohnnyJungle.com  Message boards.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 11:25:22 AM »

1) evans
2) kennedy
3) quincy
4) evans - much more confidant player, has improved his free throw shooting.....boothe - improved touch on his j
5) this team likes to run, run, run.....
6) adequate. too early to criticize.
7) see above answer.
8) justin burrell... seems to turn it on and off, gets frustrated too easily when trying to post his man
9) more touches for burrell, evans, coker and wait in the post.
10) quincy... for  now. want to see edmondson get some time there as well before conference play begis.
11) burrel - a heart transplant....... mason - a brain transplant.
12) wait
13) mason
14) horne, mason, kennedy, burrell and evans
15) diversity

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »
TOMAS...NO BURN WHATSOEVER AND NO COMPLAINTS.

KENNEDY...UNTIL THE MAJORS COME UP.  THEN, WE'LL SEE.

WAIT.  I'M STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING WHAT HE CAN DO.

OBVIOUSLY EVANS HAS IMPROVED THE MOST.  HE'S BUSY AND HE'S LEARNING.

FASTER PACE...STILL ON TRACK TO LOSE CLOSE TO 20, HOWEVER.

NORM HAS NO CLUE ABOUT ROTATIONS...UNLESS HIS STRATEGY IS TO ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE HOT HAND.

I THINK NORM FINALLY KNOWS THERE ARE 40 MINUTES IN A GAME...20 PER HALF.  NOW THAT'S PROGRESS.

WATCHING THE BRICKLAYING THAT'S A RESULT OF THE TEAM STILL NOT RUNNING PLAYS. 

WE NEED NEW COACHES. PERIOD.  THIS CREW HAS LONG SINCE WORN OUT THEIR WELCOME.

WE HAVE NO BACKUP POINT GUARD.  SEE ANSWER TO NUMBER 9.

BURRELL...LESS TIMID.

WAIT...I THINK

MASON, JR.

THE ONE I WAS IN DURING A POLICE INVESTIGATION. 

1.  THE CONSTANT PUSH BY THE OWNER TO IMPROVE THE SITE.  IF THE PROGRAM DID THAT, WE'D BE RANKED ALREADY.
2.  THE BEST CONTENT OF ANY SITE...INCLUDING RIVALS, SCOUT, ETC WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING INFO. (NOT THAT WE'RE ACTUALLY RECRUITING THAT MUCH)
3.  A LACK OF MEAN SPIRITED POSTS.  THERE'S NO KISSING THE ASSES BY MODS OF POSTERS WHO SPEND HOURS GOOGLING TO SHOW HOW "SMART" THEY ARE.