St. John's ESPN Shout Out

• 8 replies
St. John's ESPN Shout Out
« on: November 21, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »
We were just mentioned on the broadcast of Duke/Michigan game by Dick Vitale. I didn't catch how it was brought up as I wasn't paying attention but I heard St. John's and I popped up. Basically they were saying how St. John's needs to be good again for the city of New York and for the Big East Conference, then they went to a commercial break.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: St. John's ESPN Shout Out
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
They brought up St. John's again after the commercial break. Talked about the "sweater" game and said how St. John's used to be a perennial power house.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »
did vitale suggest a coach for us?

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »
This game was on ESPN 2

I flipped over to watch some NBA on ESPN and what do you know?

St. John's shout out again!

They were talking about Ron Artest and other St. John's players such as Chris Mullin and the announcer of the game, Mark Jackson.

3 shout outs on national TV in a matter of an hour.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:44:23 PM »
I sent a message to Dickie asking him to mention Mase Jr.'s injury but it went unanswered as far as I could tell.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 07:47:46 AM »
No offense yo, but it aint worth celebratin' when they talkin 'bout how bad you is and how good you use to be.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
No offense yo, but it aint worth celebratin' when they talkin 'bout how bad you is and how good you use to be.

Amen.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 12:16:18 PM »

Amen.

Thirded. Here's another one http://www.midmajority.com/2008/11/good-morning-hoops-nation-nove-8.php but it just hurts at this point to put it perspective how far we've fallen...

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 07:50:51 PM »

outstanding post.  amen.