• 10 replies
website worth
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:00:13 PM »
Johnnyjungle.com $7,000

Redmen.com $5,000 http://www.mywebsiteworth.com/site/redmen.com

Bigeastboards.com $1,000

Re: website worth
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »
This is pretty cool. Also noticed that facebook is worth somewhere around 300+ million. youtube over 600 million...crazy!

I think the big difference here is that JohnnyJungle.com is more than just a message board. Redmen.com has such a great history in keeping boxscores which is something that is great. On the site here we have a number of different pages dedicated to editorial content and we're still developing more and more. The site is no where close to where I want it to be.

With some advertising revenue and T-Shirt sales I can put more money into the site to make it better for all of you. Sometime in the next two weeks we'll have a new forum look as well as some changes on a few pages.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »

This is pretty cool. Also noticed that facebook is worth somewhere around 300+ million. youtube over 600 million...crazy!
Google owns Youtube.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 01:14:47 AM »
Let the BigEastBoards-JohnnyJungle war begin lol...
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »
Let the BigEastBoards-JohnnyJungle war begin lol...

It's not a war and if anyone makes it out to be is foolish. Labeling people by where they post is foolish too...we're all St. John's fans first and foremost. I saw this posted on beb too and the thread won't see many responses there because people don't like to give credit to this site for whatever reason. Chances are it will be buried by other threads in no time. People are quick to make misconceptions about the site here saying all the posters are very young in age when that is hardly the case. I'd say less than 5% of posters are current students. While I try and encourage current students to become more active and take part in the site its still mostly occupied by alumni. 

Redmen.com has been around for 10 years and take your hat off to them for that but I think by the time JohnnyJungle has been around 10 years we will be leap years ahead of what they have accomplished. Remember this site has only been around for a little over a year.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:58:59 AM »
i find it amazing that people are running over to redmen.com in such numbers.  it almost looks like the walmart crowd in valley stream jumping over each other to get in.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 02:45:24 AM »
Well to tell you the truth i jumped ship, i waited over 6 years to log on. I feel like it was gnr chinese democracy, keep waiting and waiting and finally you get. lol

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
it's not jumping ship.  there's plenty of room for a few sites, including scout and rivals.

i'm just surprised at how fast people began signing up.  really surprised.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »
it's not jumping ship.  there's plenty of room for a few sites, including scout and rivals.

i'm just surprised at how fast people began signing up.  really surprised.

I agree, with all the complaining about the site and its actions over the years-guys are signing up and praising the owner. Doesnt make much sense to me

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
There is room for all and they all have their place.

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »
Well i've been a sju fan for 20yrs, when i found redmen.com years ago i could'nt get in, it was the only place i could get sju hoops news and it was a tease to read and not respond fast forward years later now i have 2 great redmen sites where i can vent and praise. It seems to be the only place to find fellow fans of the program, sad to say but when i tell people my favorite sport team after the mets is sju hoops i get strange looks lol. I hope that changes in the very near future, i can't watch this program fall off the map.