Marillac's Positive Thinking Thread

• 114 replies
Re: Marillac's Positive Thinking Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »

Running a marathon is on my "Life Goals" list.  I'm worried because I never ran more than a mile or two straight!  I have done some very long bike rides, though.
[/quote]

If you make a plan of what you want to do and when it won't be as difficult as you may think.  Obviously you'll have to up your mileage from the 1 or 2 but only 1 time in your training should you do a long 20 mile run or so. 

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2009, 11:18:17 PM »
I am grateful tonight because while I was at the women's game I learned that my girlfriend's 22 year old daughter was in a bad car accident. Luckily only a broken hand and a knee that will require a MTI after the swelling subsides. Could have been much worse from the looks of the car, which was totalled.

Tha Kid

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2009, 07:59:40 AM »
I actually sprained my IT band/hip area a few days before the race. Hurt a ton. Got a massage and popped a ton of pills leading up.  Made it about 17 miles running before having to alternate walkig and running the next 6 due to leg pain.  Ran most of the last 3 to finish.  I started not having run in years in may.  Followed a 37 week program that got me to here.  It was painful but TOTALLY worth it.   My fiance wants to run a bunch more - I think at least 1 more is in the cards for me.  Disney was a great one - you run through all the parks and they have bands set up along the way.  Average finishing time was slower than me and I'm not fast.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
What a day...
A plane crashes into the Hudson River and all 150 people get out safe and sound. Makes you believe in miracles!

Maybe tonight...

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »
I'm very happy everyone is alive from that plane crash too....I hope they get a ton of free trips out of the deal
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »
Change begins today with the swearing in of our new President. I hope and pray that he can be the leader we so urgently need today.

Godspeed President Obama!

Tha Kid

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »
Change begins today with the swearing in of our new President. I hope and pray that he can be the leader we so urgently need today.

Godspeed President Obama!

I wholeheartedly agree.
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
I'm thankful that STJ lost to Cincy!  One more bad loss and Nomie is a goner!

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »

This was supposed to be a positive thinking thread.

You're being glad these kids lost a game is disrespectful to all of them, and the program as well. Not words spoken by a true fan of the program.

I understand you are as frustrated as we all are, but you are a headed down that slippery slope towards becoming a total loser when you post nonsense like that here.

May I suggest that you keep your lowly opinion and comments in the appropriate threads. There are plenty to choose from.

Go post on firenorm.com and keep your posts here real and positive!

Have a nice day!

Let's go RED STORM!

Marillac

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »

This was supposed to be a positive thinking thread.

You're being glad these kids lost a game is disrespectful to all of them, and the program as well. Not words spoken by a true fan of the program.

I understand you are as frustrated as we all are, but you are a headed down that slippery slope towards becoming a total loser when you post nonsense like that here.

May I suggest that you keep your lowly opinion and comments in the appropriate threads. There are plenty to choose from.

Go post on firenorm.com and keep your posts here real and positive!

Have a nice day!

Let's go RED STORM!

I am a true fan.  I watched almost every practice held at Alumni Hall during my three years at STJ.  I organized the student road trips for the basketball team and was one of three guys that marketed, sold, and distributed students season tix when studdent government, Inc. had that responsibility.  I was very close to the program and even met Hit in Jarvis' office.  I also carpooled with Showtime and Grady to the Bronx Zoo for a bio class once.

LJSA

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »
Believing Norm will be gone with another bad loss is actually the ultimate in positive thinking.

Plus the fact that the thread was set up in your name should allow you to slip one or two rants in there.

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
Believing Norm will be gone with another bad loss is actually the ultimate in positive thinking.

Plus the fact that the thread was set up in your name should allow you to slip one or two rants in there.

LOL

Marillac has a secret weapon now this time around.  All I can say for now is I am in Harrington's ear :)

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »

LOL

Marillac has a secret weapon now this time around.  All I can say for now is I am in Harrington's ear :)

Are you his boytoy? :o

Marillac

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »

LOL

Hahah no.  I'll PM you.

LJSA

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »

If that's what it takes for Norm to be gone, I'll kick in for Marillac's future therapist bills.