• 40 replies
Re: Mike Rosario is Felipe Lopezing
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 01:18:17 AM »
So where does Rosario transfer to?  :o
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:18:31 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 01:33:23 AM »
So where does Rosario transfer to?  :o

too bad he didn't go with his first instinct and come to St. Johns.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 01:34:02 AM »
Rosario would be real nice on this team.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 01:59:54 AM »
Rosario would be real nice on this team.

I dare say he would be the missing piece.  If we had him I would feel a lot better about our future.

gonzalo

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 03:01:34 AM »
I suppose that some members will think that we would lost against Binghamton (14-16 past season) at home too?

Poison

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »
Your title is just not true.  1st off, Rosario is very good, but anyone that saw him in high school knew he wasn't the type of player that can carry a team alone.  With that said, Rutgers is looking really poor thus far.

He isn't the type of player who should be starting, and for the record, if he was so good, he'd be good enough to make certain that his team, a big east team, never lost a game to likes of Lehigh, and Binghamton. Especially at home!

As bad as Roberts was with Hill, Jackson, Lawrence and Monty, he never lost two games like that in one month.

If Rosario was here, and this happened, we'd be saying that he's worse than Avery Patterson. It seems to me, if he's cold, he's not contributing much in any other area. We'll see if he improves, but so far, this great Rutgers class, is struggling more than our guys did last year.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:51:59 AM by Poison »

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »
Its not Rosario's fault they lost or are losing. He had an awesome game against Rider and was really the only reason they won. Its unfair to pin their woes on Rosario.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/hoopshaven/2008/12/06/rock-bottom/

Mike Rosario sounds frustrated:
“This is a new challenge I have to deal with. Basically in high school that couldn’t happen because I had six other players, seven other players who could score and do the same things I could do. With this team, what the other team does is they shade a player over to me, so my teammates have to step up. That’s just one thing we’re going o have to work on basically throughout the whole season, so when things like that happen I can have trust in my teammates that they can put up shots too and keep us in the game.”

Headline:  "Rosario throws teammates under the bus!"

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »
trouble in paradise. i mean piscataway.

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »
personally I don't think Rosario's comments are that bad.  Is it not true?

another quote...

"Nobody likes to lose," Rosario said. "Basically you've just got to continue to work hard as a team and don't never give up. Just keep playing and just play for the name on our shirt and represent this place with a lot of passion and pride."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:03:07 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 12:35:30 PM »
So where do Patrick Jackson and Mookie Jones transfer to?

I have faith that Mookie will get time at Syracuse over the next few years.  Patrick Jackson...not so much.  I never thought he was a Big East player
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »
Its not Rosario's fault they lost or are losing. He had an awesome game against Rider and was really the only reason they won. Its unfair to pin their woes on Rosario.

He got them through Rider, but the Bearcats of Binghamton were too much.
But seriously, he had an awesome game against Rider?

Shouldn't any Big East player?

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 01:36:24 PM »

You're right I forgot good players can't have bad games. Also his bad game was still the best in comparison to his teammates. Rider is a decent team better than what we have on our schedule early on.

Also everyone is so argumentative lately, we need to get some games to discuss before someone goes off the deep end.

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/stats?teamId=164

Look at the numbers I hardly think Rosario is the main problem.

Also to note Mike Kuhn is a walkon from my highschool. We also have another walkon on Notre Dame too named Tim Andree. CBA represent.

Poison

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 05:44:03 PM »

You're right I forgot good players can't have bad games. Also his bad game was still the best in comparison to his teammates. Rider is a decent team better than what we have on our schedule early on.

Also everyone is so argumentative lately, we need to get some games to discuss before someone goes off the deep end.

I don't think Rider is rated any higher than Loyola and Eastern M.
The Mac, for example has always been rated higher than the MAAC.

Marillac

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »

Also everyone is so argumentative lately

You are right smack in the middle of them all, though. 

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »
Christian Morris is transferring

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8902550/Source:-Rutgers'-C-to-transfer-at-semester's-end

I'd wonder how our kids feel reading that some of us would trade them "in a heartbeat".  ::)

http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/12/07/morris-leaving-rutgers/
We hear he could be headed to a school in the Northeast Conference

sjd8886

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 12:26:36 AM »
i must have missed the copy of sports illustrated that featured him on the cover

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »
Your title is just not true.  1st off, Rosario is very good, but anyone that saw him in high school knew he wasn't the type of player that can carry a team alone.  With that said, Rutgers is looking really poor thus far.

He isn't the type of player who should be starting, and for the record, if he was so good, he'd be good enough to make certain that his team, a big east team, never lost a game to likes of Lehigh, and Binghamton. Especially at home!

As bad as Roberts was with Hill, Jackson, Lawrence and Monty, he never lost two games like that in one month.

If Rosario was here, and this happened, we'd be saying that he's worse than Avery Patterson. It seems to me, if he's cold, he's not contributing much in any other area. We'll see if he improves, but so far, this great Rutgers class, is struggling more than our guys did last year.

I think you are off on this one, Poison.  I think Rosario is a very good player already and he will only get better.  He is in the unenviable position of having to score for his team to win, and that is just a horrible position to be in as a freshman. 

Also, he was probalby one of the last players in the McDonald's All-American game and Felipe was the #1 palyer overall.  I think Felipe had himself a good college career, but the expectations were just way too unreasonable. 

LJSA

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 03:31:06 AM »
I think his scoring will dip to about 14 a game this season, which is still very impressive for a Big East freshman, and he's only going to get better. I'm not guaranteeing that it will happen, but I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Rosario average 22 ppg as a senior and end up on an NBA roster.