Mike Rosario is Felipe Lopezing

• 40 replies

Poison

Mike Rosario is Felipe Lopezing
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
Rutgers worked over by the Bearcats this afternoon.
The Binghamton Bearcats, that is.

Re: Mike Rosario is Felipe Lopezing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:09:26 PM »
how long before some posters start making excuses for Fred Hill?

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »
I think for the most part that virtually all posters who know Norm cant coach will still admit that the 1 coach in the Big East that could be worse than Norm on the sidelines is Fred Hill

He looks just as lost as Norm roaming the sidelines

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »
Your title is just not true.  1st off, Rosario is very good, but anyone that saw him in high school knew he wasn't the type of player that can carry a team alone.  With that said, Rutgers is looking really poor thus far.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »
Its annoying to read though when everyone says Rutgers future is so bright yet ours is so bleak. I do think Rutgers is moving up but I think we're in a better position in terms of talent(not scholarship management) this season as well as next.

Rutgers this season is not a good team, they will experience the freshman woes we did a season ago and their returning cast isn't very good. This is a team who shot 32% from 3 last season and is shooting 30% this season. They shot 4-19 from 3 today(21%). Teams are going to play a heathy amount of zone on them and double down on Echinique(sound familiar). Rutgers might upset a team or two if they catch hot one night shooting but overall they lack identity, player rotation, and any confidence.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
Your title is just not true.  1st off, Rosario is very good, but anyone that saw him in high school knew he wasn't the type of player that can carry a team alone.  With that said, Rutgers is looking really poor thus far.

Rosario will be the only bright spot on this team and I agree he isn't a guy who can do it by himself but there is no doubt that he is a very very very good player.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »
Its annoying to read though when everyone says Rutgers future is so bright yet ours is so bleak. I do think Rutgers is moving up but I think we're in a better position in terms of talent(not scholarship management) this season as well as next.

Rutgers this season is not a good team, they will experience the freshman woes we did a season ago and their returning cast isn't very good. This is a team who shot 32% from 3 last season and is shooting 30% this season. They shot 4-19 from 3 today(21%). Teams are going to play a heathy amount of zone on them and double down on Echinique(sound familiar). Rutgers might upset a team or two if they catch hot one night shooting but overall they lack identity, player rotation, and any confidence.

Rutgers has better talent, no dobut.  Fred Hill is a God awful coach, though.  And their best players are freshman.  I think this team will be in the NCAA's by their junior year--definately if they get somebody who can coach in there.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »

Rutgers has better talent, no dobut.  Fred Hill is a God awful coach, though.  And their best players are freshman.  I think this team will be in the NCAA's by their junior year--definately if they get somebody who can coach in there.

You keep saying they have better talent but their so called better talent continues to play worse than ours. It's a new excuse time and time again. So now they have better talent but they aren't playing well because they have a bad coach but you say we have a bad coach too yet we're still playing better than Rutgers so what gives?

St. John's > Rutgers last year

St. John's > Rutgers this year

St. John's > Rutgers next year

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »

You keep saying they have better talent but their so called better talent continues to play worse than ours. It's a new excuse time and time again. So now they have better talent but they aren't playing well because they have a bad coach but you say we have a bad coach too yet we're still playing better than Rutgers so what gives?

St. John's > Rutgers last year

St. John's > Rutgers this year

St. John's > Rutgers next year

If you reread my posts you will see that I think Fred Hill is the only coach in the league worse than Norm.  The only difference is that he recruits better.  They have more talent on their roster how can you dispute that? 

Rosario is a McDonald's All-American.  Echinique was highly ranked and I think he will be a future pro.  Christian Morris was very highly ranked at one point and anybody will tell you he was much better than Coker in high school.  Chandler is a very nice player was well and was ranked high.  Their center averages five blocks a game and rebounds the ball better than anyone we have.

If I was in charage at RU, I'd fire Fred Hill in a heartbeat.  He is just one of many successful assistant coaches that just can't get it done as head coaches. 

Would I exchange our roster for their roster?  In a heartbeat. 

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
Have watched most of RU home games this season. Have 2 excellent frosh But no PG. T/o's exceed Assists by 2:1. Will not win more than 3 BE games this year. Coburn & Farmer continue to look for their own shots. No 1/2 court Offense and few fast breaks. Malik will hurt them big time.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
 Christian Morris is transferring

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8902550/Source:-Rutgers'-C-to-transfer-at-semester's-end

I'd wonder how our kids feel reading that some of us would trade them "in a heartbeat".  ::)

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8902550/Source:-Rutgers'-C-to-transfer-at-semester's-end

I'd wonder how our kids feel reading that some of us would trade them "in a heartbeat".  ::)

Why should I care what they think?  Why should they care what I think?  Get the job done or you leave yourself open for criticism. 

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »
whoa big news about Morris!

Also in response to Marillac:

I should have reworded by post as I know you have always said as do all about Fred Hill being a bad game coach. However any team that is near St. John's in the standings is immediately deemed better and if they do worse there are excuses made for them when we would never dare make an excuse for St. John's. Hold them to the same standard is my point.

Also I do not think that Rutgers is more talented than us. Coburn and Chandler are both barely over 6 ft, they are PG size but they are more of the mold of a SG however they can't shoot well. In addition to that they are shoot first pass 2nd and when you shoot under 40% that is never good. They don't handle the ball well either. Then if you want to go to the upper class men you have a bunch of underachievers who think they deserve time because they have played years prior. Inman, Farmer, and Griffin are all bad players and have been for quite some time.

So they don't have a true PG, they have a bunch of undersized SG who can't shoot, they don't have any talent at the SF position, they have a talented freshman PF, and a incumbent offensive C.

Not exactly a recipe for success

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »

Why should I care what they think?  Why should they care what I think?  Get the job done or you leave yourself open for criticism. 

Go post something that was positive in your day today in your off topic thread lol....I know there has to be something

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »
whoa big news about Morris!

Also in response to Marillac:

I should have reworded by post as I know you have always said as do all about Fred Hill being a bad game coach. However any team that is near St. John's in the standings is immediately deemed better and if they do worse there are excuses made for them when we would never dare make an excuse for St. John's. Hold them to the same standard is my point.

Also I do not think that Rutgers is more talented than us. Coburn and Chandler are both barely over 6 ft, they are PG size but they are more of the mold of a SG however they can't shoot well. In addition to that they are shoot first pass 2nd and when you shoot under 40% that is never good. They don't handle the ball well either. Then if you want to go to the upper class men you have a bunch of underachievers who think they deserve time because they have played years prior. Inman, Farmer, and Griffin are all bad players and have been for quite some time.

So they don't have a true PG, they have a bunch of undersized SG who can't shoot, they don't have any talent at the SF position, they have a talented freshman PF, and a incumbent offensive C.

Not exactly a recipe for success

Big news with Morris. I wish we had grabbed him.  The kid can play, but he was unlikely to see time behind Echinique.  He would have been our starting five, but let these kids keep going to other Big East schools only to sit on the bench.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  I think Rutgers has a lot of talent and a high ceiling.  Like I've said for a while, Fred Hill is just an awful coach, but he is a very good recruiter.  

We can argue all day and night about this, but we just have to let the games play out.  I thin that RU has the talent on their roster now to make the NCAA in a few years.

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »
St. J

Go post something that was positive in your day today in your off topic thread lol....I know there has to be something

St. John's soccer wins and goes to the final four!!! I can brag to my friend that wen to IU :)

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 11:10:53 PM »
How long before Patrick Jackson transfers out? Looks like he cant get off the pine

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
St. J

St. John's soccer wins and goes to the final four!!! I can brag to my friend that wen to IU :)

Don't post it here post it in that thread lol

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 11:21:38 PM »
So where do Patrick Jackson and Mookie Jones transfer to?

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 01:11:34 AM »
http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/hoopshaven/2008/12/06/rock-bottom/

Mike Rosario sounds frustrated:
“This is a new challenge I have to deal with. Basically in high school that couldn’t happen because I had six other players, seven other players who could score and do the same things I could do. With this team, what the other team does is they shade a player over to me, so my teammates have to step up. That’s just one thing we’re going o have to work on basically throughout the whole season, so when things like that happen I can have trust in my teammates that they can put up shots too and keep us in the game.”