Fr. Harrington Sighting?

• 8 replies
Fr. Harrington Sighting?
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:37:42 PM »
The group sitting next to me swears that Fr. Harrington finally made an appearance.
The priest definitely looked like him. He left midway during the equipment delay of the second half.
Did anyone else spot St. John's Fr. Harrington at the game?

Re: Fr. Harrington Sighting?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »
I work at Monmouth with their men's basketball team every summer. Their President is around campus, he knows everyone's name, and everyone has the upmost respect for him.

I've never had a conversation with Father Harrington once. He never made any appearances at any student functions from sporting, intramural, greek life, activity fairs, etc. NOTHING. (well I would see him at church on occasion)

At my graduation he stood up and handed out some awards but after the awards were finished he sat down and wasn't even facing the crowd and talking to the person next to him. I thought it was pretty pathetic he couldn't stand up and shake everyone's hands as they got their diploma. I don't hold too much respect for Father Harrington unless you have a fat checkbook he doesn't want to be bothered. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

joed

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »
He was indeed there. He left when the basket was being replaced.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
He was indeed there. He left when the basket was being replaced.

He was trying to Stump the Schwab!

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »
I work at Monmouth with their men's basketball team every summer. Their President is around campus, he knows everyone's name, and everyone has the upmost respect for him.

I've never had a conversation with Father Harrington once. He never made any appearances at any student functions from sporting, intramural, greek life, activity fairs, etc. NOTHING. (well I would see him at church on occasion)

At my graduation he stood up and handed out some awards but after the awards were finished he sat down and wasn't even facing the crowd and talking to the person next to him. I thought it was pretty pathetic he couldn't stand up and shake everyone's hands as they got their diploma. I don't hold too much respect for Father Harrington unless you have a fat checkbook he doesn't want to be bothered. 

In fairness to Father Harrington, he did go to almost all of the events when I was a student.  As treasurer of student goverment, I got to meet with him once at least once a month in his office with the other e-board members to discuss things from a student perspective.  As far as I know that still continues, but my direct lineage in the e-board stopped two years ago. 

Whenever I saw him around campus he always called me by first name, and that always impressed me. 

LOL that's all history after I sent him a strongly worded e-mail after Norm was retained in March. 

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »
In fairness to Father Harrington, he did go to almost all of the events when I was a student.  As treasurer of student goverment, I got to meet with him once at least once a month in his office with the other e-board members to discuss things from a student perspective.  As far as I know that still continues, but my direct lineage in the e-board stopped two years ago. 

Whenever I saw him around campus he always called me by first name, and that always impressed me. 

LOL that's all history after I sent him a strongly worded e-mail after Norm was retained in March. 

Does that mean you are not getting one of his 6000 hand signed Christmas cards this year?

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
When I worked in athletics I sure wrote out a ton of Christmas cards and signed them but they were never from me.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »
When I worked in athletics I sure wrote out a ton of Christmas cards and signed them but they were never from me.

That answers it... mine was signed Fr. Harry Harringtin

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »

Does that mean you are not getting one of his 6000 hand signed Christmas cards this year?

Probably not, but I used to get a bottle of wine "Fom the Cellar of Mike and _____ Jarvis."  The first time I ever met Hit was in Jarvis' office too.

Also worth noting, I am posting from a libary in Kentucky across from Amish people on the computer and a woman from Long Island at the counter.