Why?

• 52 replies

gonzalo

Why?
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
Why is there a girls basketball team photo in the main page in the report: What should you expect from NJIT?

Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »
Why is there a girls basketball team photo in the main page in the report: What should you expect from NJIT?
That's not a girls basketball team.  That's NJIT's team picture! ;D

Just having some fun at the opponent's expense.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »

Do you think Uconn, Pitt or heck South Florida does that when they play SJU. This basketball program is no position to make fun of any program. We should take the 10 wins we get from even worse programs and do it with class! I was at the Nova game last year when we struggled to score 40 and the Nova fans around me were very sympathetic as I was trying to convince my friend to stay for a few more minutes of the second half.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »

Do you think Uconn, Pitt or heck South Florida does that when they play SJU. This basketball program is no position to make fun of any program. We should take the 10 wins we get from even worse programs and do it with class! I was at the Nova game last year when we struggled to score 40 and the Nova fans around me were very sympathetic as I was trying to convince my friend to stay for a few more minutes of the second half.
"Class. It's my new thing." ::)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »

Normally I have no problem with gloating or trash talking, it is just it seems silly considering how bad we are to gloat. I am all for "it aint bragging if you could back it up", but we CAN'T back it up! That whole printing the boxscores  of all the NJIT losses would be funny if we were any good. Just seems like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer is claiming that he is a karate expert, but is really only beating up 12 year olds.

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »

Normally I have no problem with gloating or trash talking, it is just it seems silly considering how bad we are to gloat. I am all for "it aint bragging if you could back it up", but we CAN'T back it up! That whole printing the boxscores  of all the NJIT losses would be funny if we were any good. Just seems like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer is claiming that he is a karate expert, but is really only beating up 12 year olds.

I agree with ya 100% wasju.  Why do that when the rest of the BE could do it to us?  It'd be like Kansas City Royals fans making fun of Kansas State's college baseball team when they play them in an exhibition.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
I knew you guys would find something to complain about today. Good job!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gonzalo

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »

I think that it is the first time that I agree to we are sju.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »
this is like last year's molloy game...where some fans taunted their players.

how many games did we win last year out of 30??? oh, right...eleven.

this just adds to the suck that is st john's.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »

i actually think this is all norms fault for scheduling NJIT on our schedule.

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »

I don't think it's a complaint as much as it's a comment that fans shouldn't be rubbing it in to other programs until we prove we're not a bottom-dweller.  It's like beating up your kid sister...why would you do it? What does it prove?

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »

Now Dave, you know I am not that guy. All I am  saying is that at this point in time, we are not good enough to ridicule inferior opponents. School pride and fan participation is great, it is just that until we become even half way decent we should concentrate on our own team and not the cupcakes we slap around.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:45:28 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »

That Nova game you were at was our home game. If it was at Nova they would have been ripping us a new one.

Now Dave, you know I am not that guy. All I am  saying is that at this point in time, we are not good enough to ridicule inferior opponents. School pride and fan participation is great, it is just that until we become even half way decent we should concentrate on our own team and not the cupcakes we slap around.

Its not that big of a deal its all in good fun. Just like at Georgetown last season one of their fans went to the game in St. John's gear with a sling, bandages, bruises, etc. in mockery of our team.

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »

That Nova game you were at was our home game. If it was at Nova they would have been ripping us a new one.

Its not that big of a deal its all in good fun. Just like at Georgetown last season one of their fans went to the game in St. John's gear with a sling, bandages, bruises, etc. in mockery of our team.

You're talking about GEORGETOWN, a program who has achieved MUCH recent success.  That's the difference, and that's why it's not similar.  I'm sure it's all in good fun - I don't think anyone is saying "you shouldn't hurt NJIT's feelings" - I think people are saying, you shouldn't be taunting that hard when the taunting has to end in late December because we are going to have a horrible Big East record.

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 01:46:48 PM »
Who cares? I didn't know we had to achieve "x" amount of wins for "x" amount of seasons before we could taunt a team. Please enlighten me on the bar we have to surpass before we're aloud to taunt another team. 

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »
The only problem I had with the students was the yellling during the National Anthem. Other than that, let them have fun while they still can

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »
The only problem I had with the students was the yellling during the National Anthem. Other than that, let them have fun while they still can

Somethings is sacred. No need doin that wit the star spangled.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:02 PM »
yelling out during the anthem is something I don't condone.

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »
Win with class. . lose with class...     

The fans have certainly expeienced enough losing to have learned to do it with class..   maybe once the team starts winning they will learn how to do that too..

Randomhero423

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
team?