Why?

• 52 replies

Marillac

Re: Why?
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
This is really laughable.  Which is it?  Our program is too good for that stuff?  Or...Our program sucks so we don't have the right to do that stuff. 

And since we are a bottom tier Big East team we should ony use golf claps and encouraging words for players and coaches...unless of course they are St. John's players or coaches.  Then anything goes.
 :-\

I think the problem everyone is having is that it was NJIT.  C'mon do we really need a "competive advantage" coming from the crowd!

I think it also sucks because we are terrible.  If other fans from the Big East find out what we did, I'd expect the same thing from them to us.  I could care less about the competitive advantage--becaue let's me honest, no player notices signs in the crowd--but it would be embarassing as a fan.

With that said, there is so much more to complain about with this program.  It's a miracle we have students still showing up, so I'm not going to worry about it.  

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 03:44:20 PM »
becaue let's me honest, no player notices signs in the crowd--but it would be embarassing as a fan.

I think player's notice those things especially in the smaller confines of CA. Most times you can yell out a player's name and he'll look your way and react to what you say.

If you want to say it doesn't affect their game well I think that goes on a case by case basis.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
This is really laughable.  Which is it?  Our program is too good for that stuff?  Or...Our program sucks so we don't have the right to do that stuff. 

And since we are a bottom tier Big East team we should ony use golf claps and encouraging words for players and coaches...unless of course they are St. John's players or coaches.  Then anything goes.

AMEN!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 03:49:08 PM »

AMEN!

Its because these guys are miserable and would rather see these kids transfer,go to different schools and lose every game so Norm getrs fired. Really sad and pathetic if you ask me

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »
becaue let's me honest, no player notices signs in the crowd--but it would be embarassing as a fan.

I think player's notice those things especially in the smaller confines of CA. Most times you can yell out a player's name and he'll look your way and react to what you say.

If you want to say it doesn't affect their game well I think that goes on a case by case basis.

Oh, I know how ridiculously effective yelling in CA can be.  I was an A1 hecklaaah in my day.  I would have players and coaches complain to the ref and then speak to me.  My suitemates and I were in charge of the student section season tix for two years, so we had the best seats in the house.  During timeouts I was ruthless. 

I'm just talking about posters and signs. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »

You're missing the big picture.  Nothing wrong with telling those guys they suck during the game...going overboard and detailing every single loss and pasting around the gym is in a whole different league.  Guaranteed that time would have been better spent doing something else!
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

Oh, I know how ridiculously effective yelling in CA can be.  I was an A1 hecklaaah in my day.  I would have players and coaches complain to the ref and then speak to me.  My suitemates and I were in charge of the student section season tix for two years, so we had the best seats in the house.  During timeouts I was ruthless. 

I'm just talking about posters and signs. 

Bingo, Marillac and I on the same page.  We may not agree with all that much, but this one we're spot on.

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
You're missing the big picture.  Nothing wrong with telling those guys they suck during the game...going overboard and detailing every single loss and pasting around the gym is in a whole different league.  Guaranteed that time would have been better spent doing something else!

So its okay to berate and insult people just as long as it doesn't look like you put too much work into it.  Now I got it.  Now I see the big picture!!!

The last thing we need to be doing is complaining about any fan that shows up to a game.  Much less ones that come up with signs/cheers.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »
I’m starting to get dizzy reading these replies  ???

And speaking of golf fans, does anyone remember being at Bethpage back at the US Open in ’02 and counting out loud the number of  “waggles” for Sergio?
Now THAT was funny and totally uncalled for in the gentlemen’s game of golf!!!

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »

And speaking of golf fans, does anyone remember being at Bethpage back at the US Open in ’02 and counting out loud the number of  “waggles” for Sergio?

We really need the games to get going again. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Tha Kid

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »

We really need the games to get going again. 

You're tellin' me.

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »
So our kids are a bit clever and showing some school spirit at a sporting event and they get ripped for it.  Frankly when i saw the signs I thought it was funny.  It's a game, for God's sake.  Let the kids have some fun.  When NJIT wins a game. their fans will storm the floor in celebration.  I'm sure someone will complain that they are showing bad sportsmanship.  Let kids be kids and enjoy the game.

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »
we're the nerdy kid who gets puked on at all the parties...so we go home and smack the dog.

And the dog chases the cat and the cat chases the mouse and the mouse gets on the computer and pretends he's a lion.