Truck

• 16 replies

Poison

Truck
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
is only shooting .600 from 3.

Norm Roberts was right after all, he's isn't SJU material.

kob24

Re: Truck
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »
to norms defense two things truck blew up kinda late in his career and they put all their effort into getting sylvan

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »
I'm friendly with a WVU booster and he says that truck is currently in Huggins "doghouse" for dogging it practice. Interesting too because Mazzula is hurt right now.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:06:39 PM »
actually scratch that maybe for dogging it in a game?? I'm not sure I'll ask him again tomorrow I was half listening.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:12:02 PM »
Bilas said earlier that Bryant was in Huggins' doghouse. But Mazzula is out and the other pg broke his foot in practice yesterday, so Huggy has no choice but to play him.  13 points thus far but no assists-he kinda reminds me of Levance Fields a lil bit. Ebanks looks tough as well

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 09:55:01 PM »
I'm friendly with a WVU booster and he says that truck is currently in Huggins "doghouse" for dogging it practice. Interesting too because Mazzula is hurt right now.

Our wish our guys would dog it like Truck. He's a gamer. Reminds me of Carl Krauser, and not just because he's another guy who we should have been all over, but instead ignored.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:56:11 PM by Poison »

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 10:19:59 PM »
We put all the eggs in Sylven's basket. Q Calhoun transferring so late didn't help either. I think what happened with Truck is an admitted mistake and I think you can see the staff staying on more kids than we have scholarships after '08 class. 

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:46:54 PM »

Humm, maybe another proud SJU Graduate heard from…

I only watched part of the game, but when I read your post I just had to look it up.
According to ESPN, he shot 5-13 including 1 for 3 from downtown.

I seem to remember some basic math classes back when I received my MBA twenty plus years ago and I don’t equate 1 for 3 as .600

Possibly it’s the new math?
(Mind you no knock on the young man, I know very little about him personally.)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:48:09 PM by redstormhoopsfan »

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »

Humm, maybe another proud SJU Graduate heard from…

I only watched part of the game, but when I read your post I just had to look it up.
According to ESPN, he shot 5-13 including 1 for 3 from downtown.

I seem to remember some basic math classes back when I received my MBA twenty plus years ago and I don’t equate 1 for 3 as .600

Possibly it’s the new math?
(Mind you no knock on the young man, I know very little about him personally.)

for the season he was 9 for 15(before this game).

He did okay tonight but did force up some bricks.  He wouldn't exactly be our savior.  But yes we could've used him as a backup PG.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
Truck wuz a lil razzle in his homecoming, but he still play a game this brother and rest of his fams is proud of.

Shout out to Dev fo boundin like it wudn't no thing.

Funny, how Truck and Dev play the Garden before anyone fo St. John. Anybody see that as plain awful?

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

He did okay tonight but did force up some bricks.  He wouldn't exactly be our savior.  But yes we could've used him as a backup PG.

Thank you for the clarification. Usually when reading a type of game thread post, most folks speak of current game stats, or preface it with "so far this season." I wondered why I didn't see a .600 shooter from what I saw tonight.

Sincere apologies to all SJU grads, I was just busing his chops for what I thought were his poor math skills.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:57:51 PM by redstormhoopsfan »

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 11:01:04 PM »
Truck wuz a lil razzle in his homecoming, but he still play a game this brother and rest of his fams is proud of.

Shout out to Dev fo boundin like it wudn't no thing.

Funny, how Truck and Dev play the Garden before anyone fo St. John. Anybody see that as plain awful?
Choz, no it's not funny at all :(
And for whatever the reason, the talking heads made it seem like Truck was in Huggy’s doghouse. I’m no coach and just a causal fan, but the Mountaineers’s from the local area looked like they made their family and friends proud.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:02:58 PM »

Thank you for the clarification. Usually when reading a type of game thread post, most folks speak of current game stats, or preface it with "so far this season." I wondered why I didn't see a .600 shooter from what I saw tonight.

Sincere apologies to all SJU grads, I was just busing his chops for what I thought were his poor math skills.

so wait does 1 for 3 still not = .600  ;D

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »
so wait does 1 for 3 still not = .600  ;D

Counting his last three seasons, the correct answer is yes!

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »
From what I've heard from people around him, Truck isn't a very good practice player but steps it up big-time in games so what's written here is pretty on-par.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »
From what I've heard from people around him, Truck isn't a very good practice player but steps it up big-time in games so what's written here is pretty on-par.

i wouldn't be surprised by that.  he seems like the type of guy do that.

he is a leader on the court though, and he'd be a very very nice compliment to boothe.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »
Truck was nice last night vs. Davidson.  He's a bit of a bull but a more known PG quantity than what's on the Red Storm now, even if Ty and/ or Q (or even Paris) can log some successful minutes at the point.