how important is upperslassmen in collegeball

• 22 replies

Poison

Re: how important is upperslassmen in collegeball
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
this is something that I think gets overlooked with this team. Not one senior leader. No disrespect to tomas but seriously not one senior or junior leader to take charge. It's hard to be lead by ur own peers. U need someone who has been battled tested numerous times. But maybe I'm talking out my neck. Can anyone remember a team that has faired well with a bunch of frosh and sophmores?

I don't think it gets overlooked. We all saw how our freshman got worked over last year. Hopefully, they really have improved.

Last time we had a great senior leader, it was 2003 w Hatten.

Ty Grant, Lavor Postell, even Chudney Gray. We need Burrell, Boothe and Horne to be upperclassmen now. They have to be ready for it, or we're toast.

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 11:13:49 AM »
the fab 5.

the cuse team that won it with melo.

Wasn't Hakim Warrick and upperclassman on that team?

Warrick was a soph. Their top three players were Melo, McNamara, and Warrick:  2 frosh, 1 soph.  I"m pretty sure their center, Forth, was a soph as well.

Upperclassman leadership is valuable.  Any coach given the choice, would choose a healthy balance of young players and veterans. 

Like many have pointed out, Norm has nobody to blame but himself.  Look at all area seniors on rosters all across the country.  He went to Virginia to pull out a stiff like Tomas, when there were kids around here that went to smaller schools.

Also, we'd have upperclassman if they all didn't transfer out.   

Poison

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »
the fab 5.

the cuse team that won it with melo.

Wasn't Hakim Warrick and upperclassman on that team?

Warrick was a soph. Their top three players were Melo, McNamara, and Warrick:  2 frosh, 1 soph.  I"m pretty sure their center, Forth, was a soph as well.

Upperclassman leadership is valuable.  Any coach given the choice, would choose a healthy balance of young players and veterans. 

Like many have pointed out, Norm has nobody to blame but himself.  Look at all area seniors on rosters all across the country.  He went to Virginia to pull out a stiff like Tomas, when there were kids around here that went to smaller schools.

Also, we'd have upperclassman if they all didn't transfer out.   

It wasn't so lop sided. Jeremy McNeil was a senior, and he contributed.
Duany was a senior, and he was great.
Pace and Warrick were mature sophs.
Edelin was techn a soph.
Forth was great for one post season stretch.