How the students should act at games...

• 14 replies
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: How the students should act at games...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:40:40 AM »
did you take the ohio one off my facebook wall? lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:46:48 AM by Dave »

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 01:47:05 AM »
Minifeed did prompt this thread

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:36:26 AM »
a bunch of my friends tried doing the ohio chant at my high school after i graduated...i already told a few people about it at our student section, maybe we'll give it a shot tomorrow

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »
I am not sure if Gonzaga still does this. But in the years back after the game the school would buy kegs for the students after the game. But you could only goto the party if you went to the game and had a ticket. So lets just say the school would be a ghost town during games. If st johns did that CA would be packed with 6000 students

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
Providence has their own bar on campus. St. John's dry policy is kind of lame instead of pretending like drinking doesn't go on they should embrace it and try and regulate it.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 03:17:35 PM »
Providence has their own bar on campus. St. John's dry policy is kind of lame instead of pretending like drinking doesn't go on they should embrace it and try and regulate it.

There used to be a bar in the UC.  Recsellar or something like that.  I agree with you.  Drinking happens...deal with it.  It's freaking college. 

Looking at those arenas, makes me wish we had a better facility.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »
Looking at those arenas, makes me wish we had a better facility.
It's improved since last year, but there is still a ways to go.
They've got figure out a way to increase the student attendance as well.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
One thing I have noticed is that the student crowd is predominantly white.  For a school with only 36% of the students being white, they need to find a way to get the minority students involved in going to games. 

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »
One thing I have noticed is that the student crowd is predominantly white.  For a school with only 36% of the students being white, they need to find a way to get the minority students involved in going to games. 

Where did you get that figure?

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=1055

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=1055
http://www.stjohns.edu/media/3/ec2e43fa951b49ae974a07259b97ccac.pdf
38% are Black, Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 10:27:04 PM »
Race is a very touchy subject. However at St. John's in my 4 years of study there I'd often find more african american students in taffner during men's basketball games or outside of montgoris than I would at the games. Most of the student support in the student sections is mostly caucasian and while there are some african american, indian, asian, and latino students at the games they will be sitting down elsewhere in the arena and not in the student section for reasons unknown to me.

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 11:40:43 PM »
if the team was good, students would be there.  simple as that.

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
i played basketball for my high school and we were really good..my junior year finished 5th in the state of NJ anyway...our fan base "Bleacher Creatures" did the "winning team losing team" chant the one that Ohio University did on the first video...it was awesome..we should def. think about doing that...our fan base was awesome so..