Site Announcements 12/14/08

• 3 replies
Site Announcements 12/14/08
« on: December 15, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »
Hey guys,

A couple of things to announce about the site. There have been a few changes to the forum some more noticeable than others.

-The most obvious is the St John's logos on the side as opposed to the old square see-saws. If you didn't know what those were before, I will tell you now. Anytime there is a new post in that board they will highlight bright. You can click them to go directly to the new posts in those boards.

-We have a more advanced Calendar system that now shows the past month, the current month, and the next month. I'm going to try and put AAU events and other notable things you guys might want to attend up there. You can also post your own events too!

-Blogs! Blogs! Blogs! You can write you own blogs for JohnnyJungle and you can also read them too. If you look up at the top of the page you'll see a link for "Blogs" just click that and you'll see all the blogs we have to offer. I'm trying to get more people to write and we'll have one of our guys make his first post tomorrow. Just another thing for you to read.

-New Boards.... "Union and Utopia" is a place to talk about all St. John's news and community non related to sports. "College and Pro Sports" is a place to talk about college hoops daily(something I felt was getting lost in our main board) and all other sports. "Red and White" is a place to talk religion and politics something that was surprisingly popular this offseason so why not add it.

-Profile Stats....If you click someone you can check their stats and see how many posts and topics they started each and every month.

And last but definitely not least.....

A new link to the forum!

www.johnnyjungle.com/forum.html

This is where you can find St. John's forum with the header and footer of the website. Give you more of a uniform look and functionality to the board and navigate the website.

Always open to suggestions and feedback! Let me know what you think guys. This way we can always keep improving.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:12:54 AM by Dave »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Site Announcements 12/14/08
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 12:37:10 AM »
Thanks for the work you do on the site!
Much appreciated.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 01:11:35 AM »
good stuff.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 02:17:55 AM »
You mentioned blogs, I have my own blog, anyway you can link it here so people could read (its a sports blog) or if you want I would not have a problem writing for you guys.