Most overrated players to play at SJU

• 49 replies

Poison

Re: Most overrated players to play at SJU
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
Daryll Hill.  You have to be good to be overrated and he came in a top 25 player.  Injuries, coaching, and lack of talent around him surely added to this, but overall he was rather disappointing.  

he was a top 25 talent. he just had no help. For a year and a half, he dropped 20 a game and shot well over 40%. that's a top 25 recruit to me.

Not his fault that he didn't have Russell Robinson, AJ Price, Jason Fraser and company to work with.

TONYD3

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 09:26:41 PM »
Reggie Jessie and Anthony Glover were two of my favorite players, but it seemed like they progressed into their junior years then they hit wall and degressed to the point I couldn't even watch them any more.

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
Wayne McKoy. He was considered one of the very best high school players in the nation from his sophomore year on.
Btw, his name is spelled with a "K."

pmg911

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »
Wayne McCoy - there was talk of him go straight to the NBA out of high school

Chucky Spoiling
Michael Porter

Gotta get and get it.
Sides they was all on smash.

Choz. . can you translate this one for me because I have no clue what it means..

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 04:19:22 PM »
Have to think of Big's
   Wayne Mc Coy
   Bill Wennington
   Rob Werdann
mckoy qualifies because he was so touted in high school...but "only" led us to a couple of missed baskets away from a final four.  didn't play at all in the nba.
wennington...final four plus decent nba career that includes rings.

werdann...played parts of four years in the nba.  that's more than anyone on our team since ron artest has done.

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »
Have to think of Big's
   Wayne Mc Coy
   Bill Wennington
   Rob Werdann
mckoy qualifies because he was so touted in high school...but "only" led us to a couple of missed baskets away from a final four.  didn't play at all in the nba.
wennington...final four plus decent nba career that includes rings.

werdann...played parts of four years in the nba.  that's more than anyone on our team since ron artest has done.

Cmon now newsman, dont you know Larry Wright and Cedric Jackson are sure fire lottery picks

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 04:25:29 PM »
Daryll Hill.  You have to be good to be overrated and he came in a top 25 player.  Injuries, coaching, and lack of talent around him surely added to this, but overall he was rather disappointing.  

he was a top 25 talent. he just had no help. For a year and a half, he dropped 20 a game and shot well over 40%. that's a top 25 recruit to me.

Not his fault that he didn't have Russell Robinson, AJ Price, Jason Fraser and company to work with.

Daryll was barely 4 star per Scout. The 25th ranked Point Guard in 2002 (Ingram was # 7 same year)

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2002&pid=-1&sspid=-1&iRatingValue=2&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=383&iInterestLevelId=4&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

I thought Daryll played better than a non  (or barely) top 100 kid, so was not overrated at all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:32:35 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

pmg911

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
Wayne McCoy - there was talk of him go straight to the NBA out of high school

Chucky Spoiling
Michael Porter

Gotta get and get it.
Sides they was all on smash.

Choz. . can you translate this one for me because I have no clue what it means..

Still waiting for that translation. .  maybe someone else can help..?

gonzalo

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
I´m sorry for one of the posters, but Marco Baldi was going to be starter since his freshman year (1985-86).

Poison

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »

Daryll was barely 4 star per Scout. The 25th ranked Point Guard in 2002 (Ingram was # 7 same year)

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2002&pid=-1&sspid=-1&iRatingValue=2&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=383&iInterestLevelId=4&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

I thought Daryll played better than a non  (or barely) top 100 kid, so was not overrated at all.

ESPN had him at top 25, and until he hurt his knee he lived up to that.
Norm's first year was the only season in which he had a player that needed to be double teamed.

Still Showtime showed up.