St. John’s Launches Program To Assist Alumni During Economic Downturn

• 7 replies
http://www.stjohns.edu/about/news/items/pr_uni_081212.news_item@digest.stjohns.edu%2fabout_us%2fpr_uni_081212.xml

Alumni interested in furthering their education can do so through the Alumni Assistance Program’s benefit of a 50% tuition discount for graduate programs, with the exception of the School of Law. St. John’s will offer the opportunity to obtain a graduate degree – at half the original cost – to alumni who have been laid off within the last six months and who enroll in a degree program in either the spring or summer of 2009. The discount is effective for up to two years and, the University will waive the application fee for alumni who choose to take advantage of this offer.

this is from the associated press:

NEW YORK (AP) -- St. John's University is offering a 50 percent tuition discount for alumni who have lost their jobs within the last six months.
   The discount can be used for any graduate programs and certificate programs, except the law school. It also covers prerequisite courses and part-time students.
   The New York school said Tuesday it will waive the application fee for alumni who take advantage of the offer for the spring or summer of 2009.
   The university's career center is also helping downsized alumni find jobs.

NEW YORK (AP) -- St. John's University is offering a 50 percent tuition discount for alumni who have lost their jobs within the last six months.
   The discount can be used for any graduate programs and certificate programs, except the law school. It also covers prerequisite courses and part-time students.
   The New York school said Tuesday it will waive the application fee for alumni who take advantage of the offer for the spring or summer of 2009.

Hmm I wonder if you can get financial aid on top of that. If so I might pull some tricky business at my job.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Hmm I wonder if you can get financial aid on top of that. If so I might pull some tricky business at my job.
I doubt you would be eligile if you get fired for sexual harassment! ;)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

I doubt you would be eligile if you get fired for sexual harassment! ;)

HAHA! She actually got fired a few weeks back.

i posted this yesterday.

Good job by STJ.