Cleveland State as it relates to Marist...

• 11 replies

Poison

Cleveland State as it relates to Marist...
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »
I know I took notice of Cleveland State's thrashing of Marist as a sign that Marist was garbage, and I'm betting others else did too.

But after seeing them go into the Dome and beat a very strong Syracuse team, gotta think maybe Cleveland State is just clicking.
They were good last year, and they have experience. I think they'd beat us, too.

That said, the jury is still out on Marist. Anyone have an opinion on how good they are?

After all, they have to be pretty good. They beat Iona.

Re: Cleveland State as it relates to Marist...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »
Saw Marist scare RU at the RAC. Inexperienced team but played together..well coached by Martin who worked for Norm & Calipari. They have 2 small ball handlers & a few face the basket shooters. No real size and not very athletic. Played a zone to protect the inside.
We should handle them if we make some outside shoots..they will be available. They pressed RU at times. I think we will be tougher to press.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »
We should handle them if we make some outside shoots..they will be available.

Outside shooting is a constant issue for these kids...

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »
We should handle them if we make some outside shoots..they will be available.

Outside shooting is a constant issue for these kids...

I think out shooting has been a little better than expected.
It becomes an issue if their only answer to the zone is to chuck.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »
Marist is down. Gavin transferring killed them.  Next year they get Daye Kaba, the BC transfer, eligible and should be pretty good. 

Brady is a MUCH better coach than Martin.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 04:04:29 PM »
Marist is down. Gavin transferring killed them.  Next year they get Daye Kaba, the BC transfer, eligible and should be pretty good. 

Brady won with all of Dave Magarity's players, the Jared Jordan teams. Brady is not well liked at Marist now, he left the cupboard pretty bare

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 04:07:06 PM »

Brady won with all of Dave Magarity's players, the Jared Jordan teams. Brady is not well liked at Marist now, he left the cupboard pretty bare

You are not going to find a bigger Magarity fan than me.  Brady may have won with Magarity's players, but he still won and he recruited well 

If Gavin had stayed on after Brady left, nobody would be complaining.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »

You are not going to find a bigger Magarity fan than me.  Brady may have won with Magarity's players, but he still won and he recruited well 

I dont think he recruited well at all. Not only did Gavin transfer but Brady took all the Marist recruits with him also

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »

where did gavin end up
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »

where did gavin end up

Gavin is at VCU

Poison

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »

I dont think he recruited well at all. Not only did Gavin transfer but Brady took all the Marist recruits with him also

He left enough for them to handle the Gaels.

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

He left enough for them to handle the Gaels.

Iona lost at thge buzzer and was missing the starting center and guard. No excuses,though, Gaels should have won this game but they have lost 3 games in the last 10 seconds already. But dont forget, IONA took Wisconsin into overtime losing by 2