Merry Christmas....we have a New Forum!

• 32 replies
Re: Merry Christmas....we have a New Forum!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »
So far so good. No bugs to report. The arcade is fully functional again however all scores were wiped. Sorry.

-If you hover over threads you will receive a preview for the topic

-New members page

-New calendar set up and i'll be adding all the games to it as well as other high school events(you can also add your own events)

-
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 12:44:04 AM »
Best part about all these upgrades is the forum was down for no more than 10 minutes while we made the transfer

BurkeKnight

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »
10 minutes is all?
Dang... Broke my older record of 15.....LOL :P

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 03:17:24 AM »
In case you haven't been on since Christmas....check it out! Lets hear some feed back on what you like, what you don't, and what you'd like to see.

Tha Kid

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 10:35:58 AM »
So far so good. No bugs to report. -

What about the internet explorer issue?  Work only allows us to use IE right now.  The forum is very annoying to read due to this bug.  Any way to fix it?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 07:35:14 PM »
So far so good. No bugs to report. -

What about the internet explorer issue?  Work only allows us to use IE right now.  The forum is very annoying to read due to this bug.  Any way to fix it?

On your desktop, right click, properties, settings, and adjust your resolution size. It will shrink the size of everything in the browser. Also bigger monitor will help matters too. What are you rocking at work?

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 08:44:50 PM »
On my office computer I upgraded my version of internet explorer and it helped dramatically.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »
Get that drop down box back at the bottom right side of the screen that allowed you to jump to the threads list within the topic you are currently browsing.

Now if I hit back on the browser, it does not recognize that I have read several of the threads already and shows them all as new.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »

You do not have to hit the back button on your browser. At the top of the page you'll see text that reads where you are...

The Unofficial 6th Man of St. John's Basketball > St. John's Red Storm > In The Jungle... > Merry Christmas....we have a New Forum!

You can click those to get back. For instance you are in "Merry Christmas....we have a New Forum!" Just click "In The Jungle" to get back to the list of threads. Or click "St. John's Red Storm" to get back to the home page of the forum.

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 11:52:57 PM »

You do not have to hit the back button on your browser. At the top of the page you'll see text that reads where you are...

The Unofficial 6th Man of St. John's Basketball > St. John's Red Storm > In The Jungle... > Merry Christmas....we have a New Forum!

You can click those to get back. For instance you are in "Merry Christmas....we have a New Forum!" Just click "In The Jungle" to get back to the list of threads. Or click "St. John's Red Storm" to get back to the home page of the forum.

I agree, but on a long thread you then have to scroll all the way up to the top to see that.

And your (go up) button does not bring you up high enough to see those links you mentioned. {of which you could make that font one notch larger for those of us with HUGE monitors!}

I know, I know... I am lazy, but you asked for suggestions!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:54:50 PM by redstormhoopsfan »

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »
The jump to is on the board but not in the threads....I don't know why. I'll see what I can do.

kjd01067

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »
Yea good call i was going to say that too.  There should be navigation at the bottom of the page too.  It use to be there before you updated the site.  Its a small thing and its not hard to scroll back up to the top of the page but it is a nice feature that makes navigating around the site a little easier.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
The jump to is on the board but not in the threads....I don't know why. I'll see what I can do.

when i mentioned that to you a few weeks ago you put it there, but then it was gone like a few days later..i meant to mention it to you but i forgot