St John's is 9th in the Conference?

• 23 replies
Re: St John's is 9th in the Conference?
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »
The Depaul game last year was the most devestating loss we had. That cost us the BE tourney and a lot of momentum.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
What will people be happy with for this season. I'm not talking be happy with year 5 but rather just this season with this team. Where do you set the bar for a successful season?

20 wins and and NCAA berth.   That should be the minimum goal for every team.

You asked what would make us happy.  That would make me happy.  Anything less would not make me happy. 

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
What will people be happy with for this season. I'm not talking be happy with year 5 but rather just this season with this team. Where do you set the bar for a successful season?

20 wins and and NCAA berth.   That should be the minimum goal for every team.

You asked what would make us happy.  That would make me happy.  Anything less would not make me happy.

I'm not saying it wouldn't make you happy but saying that should be the goal for every team in the country is a very blanket statement that is very unrealistic. Everyone would be drinking the kool-aid.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
I think the question isn't of "happiness" it's of "progress" and "successful" given where the program has been.  Because I want 19, 20, 22 wins.  That would make me happy.  And progress - no more blowouts, passable ballhandling, smart defense.  I could even deal if the team just can't shoot well but do everything else right, knowing there is a good shooter coming.

What am I saying?  Like all of you, I am obviously a masochist and cannot turn away from St. John's!