Rob Thomas? Is he playing Thursday?

• 15 replies

Poison

Rob Thomas? Is he playing Thursday?
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:17:49 PM »
Cincy is a winnable game, but we need Thomas.

Re: Rob Thomas? Is he playing Thursday?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
Even without RT we should win this game.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »
Even without RT we should win this game.

Have you been drinking heavily tonight?
When you can't score, and you have no pg, any game is hard.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »
No drinks. I am at work. All I am saying is.....it's winnable....even without RT. Which STJ team is going to show up. That's the question.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
No drinks. I am at work. All I am saying is.....it's winnable....even without RT. Which STJ team is going to show up. That's the question.

The really sloppy one, or the really ugly one?

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »

LOL....the one that beat ND. Maybe they will resurface again?

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 07:37:16 AM »

I'd love for it to happen. I'll be at the game tomorrow, but who do we bring in off the bench for help? Coker adds nothing. Edmonson is terrified, and Jasuloines has less talent than most fans.

Who does that leave us? Oh, yea, Phil Wait. Might as well play the guy.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »

I'd love for it to happen. I'll be at the game tomorrow, but who do we bring in off the bench for help? Coker adds nothing. Edmonson is terrified, and Jasuloines has less talent than most fans.

I hear what u r sayin.....but we can still beat Cinncy without RT. We can play better ball. You r acting like it is impossible to win this game.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »

I hear what u r sayin.....but we can still beat Cinncy without RT. We can play better ball. You r acting like it is impossible to win this game.

We just don't get after it enough. Watching Villanova, I really wonder about Justin Burrell's effort. Either he isn't trying hard enough, or he just doesn't know what he's doing.

Cincy isn't a great team, but they have guards who can put it on the floor and shoot it, and they have forwards who rebound the ball.

We don't.

That, and depth scares me.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »
Will be very tough w/o Rob & Malik.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
We just don't get after it enough. Watching Villanova, I really wonder about Justin Burrell's effort. Either he isn't trying hard enough, or he just doesn't know what he's doing.

Cincy isn't a great team, but they have guards who can put it on the floor and shoot it, and they have forwards who rebound the ball.

We don't.

Yea, it's not like we beat a nationally ranked team like ND or anything like that so far.

Doh!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »

We don't.

Good point about their guards but it is time for this team to wake up and start putting a stamp on this season. So frustrating..........

Tha Kid

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »

We don't.

Good point about their guards but it is time for this team to wake up and start putting a stamp on this season. So frustrating..........

The only stamp is going to be on the envelope for Norm's pink slip once we tank these games.  I see no reason to believe we will perform well in these games.  ND was a fluke, the rest of our efforts are MUCH more indicative of how we have played this year.  I hope they prove me wrong...but I doubt it.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »
Tank? You're letting your agenda cloud your vision, Kid. This team plays hard for Norm. Very hard.

Call them outmanned.. you'll get no argument, but it's insulting not only to the coach but to the players to say they tank. They don't.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »

We don't.

Yea, it's not like we beat a nationally ranked team like ND or anything like that so far.

Doh!!!!!!

Yeah, 1/7 ain't bad.   You do realize we've just lost six out of seven games by double-digits, right?

Tha Kid

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 12:17:33 PM »
Tank? You're letting your agenda cloud your vision, Kid. This team plays hard for Norm. Very hard.

Call them outmanned.. you'll get no argument, but it's insulting not only to the coach but to the players to say they tank. They don't.

I was saying the team would tank - as in lose most of the remaining games.  I was not suggesting any players would tank - as in not try hard enough.  I was not questioning the players' heart or tenacity by any means.
"I drink and I know things"