Mandatory Assistant Hiring?

• 4 replies

Tha Kid

Mandatory Assistant Hiring?
« on: December 30, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »
In baseball you see it happen all the time - the owners are pissed with how the team is being run, they like the manager or think he has promise, so they clean house of all his assistants and make him hire certain people.  So it's still the manager's ship but the ship is full of first mates hand picked by the owners.

I'm not saying guys like Q should just be fired --- but could the administration say, Hey Norm, we're keeping you on because we like you, but this isn't working.  You HAVE to hire 1 of these 2-3 guys as an X and O and substitution coach.  He will call the plays and the two of you will work together to set the offense bla bla bla.

I mean is there an older NY guy like Pete Gillen out there that would agree to do this?  Doesn't even need to be a big name like him, we could even just get a top HS coach who is an EXCELLENT x and o guy.  Have the "hiring committee" hand pick 2-3 that Norm gets to choose from.

If Norm refuses to do this, you ask for his resignation.  This way the admin. doesn't need to fire another coach, yet major change is made that 1) might keep current players happy, and 2) will likely give us a far successful gameplan than the one being instilled by Norm and co. right now?

Could this thing happen in college bball or is it only pro sports that really do this?
"I drink and I know things"

Re: Mandatory Assistant Hiring?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:41:27 PM »
Don't know if it could happen but its worht a shot. How bout bobby cremins another guy from ny.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
In a perfect world this is a great idea but no realistic. Power struggles would occur most definitely this is why coaches bring in their guys.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:59:51 PM »
We lost one our assistants to Memphis this past year too. Coach Martin I believe.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »
We lost one our assistants to Memphis this past year too. Coach Martin I believe.

I think that was two years ago....

Chuckie made a smart career move...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 10:46:35 AM by pmg911 »