Remember Temple, it could happen to us

• 6 replies
Remember Temple, it could happen to us
« on: May 23, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »
There is a lot of talk I see around the boards that St Johns might be kicked out of the BIG EAST. I personally don't believe this because we are dominant in mens soccer, volleyball, and baseball but I am in a creative mood today so I am going to post on why we would be kicked out. Besides the obvious of having no football team and a basketball team that is years away from dominance again (remember once we fire Norm we do have to have patience while our new coach sets up his recuriting empire) I would say that the BIG EAST is about dominating the two biggies. I am going to focus on my two obvious as my arguments. First, the moneymaker, the one that brings in alumni from around the country every Saturday in the fall, FOOTBALL, we don't have. NYC people are forced to go to BC to tailgate every Saturday to get a taste of what NYC does not have. We live in a society where every conference must be a football conference. Even the ACC admitted that after years of not being a good football conference and Florida State winning all the titles in football, they switched it up by stealing three good football school from the Big East and now even though they are still not a good football conference, they do make more money and THEY HAVE A CONFERENCE TITLE GAME. Second, we have not had a winning record in the Big East in a while for basketball. We can't even land the best recruits. I believe the conference has too many teams and if the NCAA ever tells us to contract to a certain amount, us, Seton Hall, and/or DePaul are gone. Face it, the naysayers will say they will never ditch the number one media market but the BIG EAST did tell the number 4 media market, TEMPLE, to get lost years ago and now they are in a conference that competes to play in a crap bowl game for its only birth, MOTOR CITY BOWL. The Big East does not care what media market you are in, all they care about is how many teams they can get into the NCAA tournament and how many times you can get yourself into a good bowl game or a BCS National Championship. So I suggest that we start a website collecting donations and having fundraisers to raise money for a big name coach who can sell and teach our wise pupils the X's and O's unlike our current professor of the hardwood or otherwise, instead of WE ARE ST JOHNS, it is WE ARE TEMPLED and we go from a March in the city to a March in Godforsaken county that is the gambling town of South Jersey but if I scared anyone out there, just remember this, send all your fruitbaskets to Dr Dave Masur of the mens soccer team because he keeps our good name in the conference and he produced St John's only national championship in its 150 year history.

Re: Remember Temple, it could happen to us
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:56:36 PM »
won't happen

Also please use the enter key every once and a while
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »
Dude, why would the Big East kick out their only member school in the BIGGEST MEDIA MARKET IN THE COUNTRY?

St. John's has too much upside and the Big East would never kick out a New York City school.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:21:09 PM »
NOOOO WAYYY!!..cant even talk about it...y would we b 1st 2 get kicked out ahead of seton hall rutgers south fla. depaul??

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »
The post is mostly a devils advocate post to people on Redmen who think we are getting kicked out or sent to the A10.

I personally dont believe we are getting kicked out only because we all forget that this dark period is temporary, not permanent plus we made it to the Elite 8 ten years ago.

I was playing the other side of the fence and in part, Big East needs us more than we need them because if we get kicked out, they have to move the tournament because it does not make sense to have it in a city without a team

Sorry if I did not make myself clear with my arguement being a Devils Advocate instead of something I actually believe in because we are never leaving this conference

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »
dude, you dont have to explain your opinion on why it wont happen, bc us getting kicked out is the stupidest thing ever...i personally, dont even comment on it anymore when someone mentions it, i just ignore it...but if you want to comment on it, all you gotta say is, stupidest thing ever, then you can, if you wish, make fun of the person suggesting it

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »
btw, i didnt originally read past your first sentence, so i didnt realize you were actually giving reasons why it could happen, so im gonna take my own advice and say, stupidest thing ever...good day to you sir