Bad night, yo

• 11 replies
Bad night, yo
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »
First, St. John look like they dont even care out there.

Second, my boy Barack lookin like he gonna lose NH.

Rough out there. Like a cold win blowin that dont stop.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Randomhero423

Re: Bad night, yo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:31:42 PM »
atleast hte knicks are only losing by 5!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »
Yea I said it before the game they needed to come out and be physical and agressive and show Uconn they won't get by on pure athleticism. We did not do this.

turning point was when uconn missed two free throws score was 14-10 and we had 5 turnovers and weren't shooting well early on but still were in the game and we lost the rebound they put it back and we had two straight turnovers and the ball never left our paint on careless careless plays. We looked totally defeated from this point on.

Dyson and Price had career days and we made them look like all americans it was embarassing

I knew the "flops" would come to bite us as Evans tried to get in and did his half ass foul for and 1 play and Justin got burnt on flopping once too. You have to remember these were at least 2 of the refs that did all of our games in the beginning of the season...they know our antics.

To get back to Evans he had no business being on the court today against a much bigger UConn team. He got torched non stop as it was him sleeping in the zone to allow the alley oops, missed box outs, help defense, etc. He was flat out lost out there.

Our help defense was non existent today. We did a very good job against Cincy with rotating but today we didn't move at all. We had lead in our shoes. Speaking of lead when we're on offense we jog everywhere. We come off screens jogging, cut jogging. Uconn is 100mph off of everything mixings speeds and going fast with a purpose while we just look like we're going through the motions.

We have no one on the offensive glass yet we were still getting burnt in transition. Just so bad.
Sorry for being all over the place here but there is so much to dislike about today. I thought Norm did a bad job mixing up the subs and rotation was just too big today.

Only thing I enjoyed about today's game was the nifty moves sported by Dele pump fake up and under scoop. I also thought Paris played really well and should have gotten more time today and Malik played well again. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:32:10 AM »
we looked lazy and like we didnt care for the most part.  i thought it was a pathetic showing over all.  if you are gonna get blown out, fine, but at least play your @$$ off on defense and hustling in doing it!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:48:13 AM »
how did we out rebound them? oh yea because we had plenty of opportunity shooting 34%
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

nrb155

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 09:41:43 AM »
that was the most half a**ed display of basketball and coaching i have seen out of this team in a while....no effort what so ever...i have never seen so many uncontested dunks in a game before

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 06:20:07 PM »
My level of frustration soared with the second telegraphed pass by Geno that was easily picked off and taken south. It is very difficult to watch Geno, a senior and a point guard, continue to make the same mistakes he was guilty of as a freshman  - mistakes I would have been taken out of a grade school game for.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 08:27:12 AM »
Used to live and die wit St. John ball.
But the truth is brothas, I felt worse bout Barack in NH on Tuesday night than UConn lose. Neva woulda been the case that politcs overtake ball. Maybe Im just growin up or maybe all this losin is makin me lose the fire.

-Choz4Life

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »
But the truth is brothas, I felt worse bout Barack in NH on Tuesday night than UConn lose. Neva woulda been the case that politcs overtake ball. Maybe Im just growin up or maybe all this losin is makin me lose the fire.

-Choz4Life

Choz..  a little off topic but do you really think Barack has the experienced need to be President...    if so. . why..?    maybe PM with what you think.    would love to hear...

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »

-Choz4Life

Choz..  a little off topic but do you really think Barack has the experienced need to be President...    if so. . why..?    maybe PM with what you think.    would love to hear...

His inexperience is the plus yo. Didnt have time to get all corrupted wit partisans, lobbyists and all them other shennanigans evrywhere from city hall to the White House. Dont need experience to lead. Need strong will, conviction and righteousness. The brotha got all three and then some.

Now Ill get off this here soapbox and get back to ball.

Coach gotta right this ship. No excuse fo all them dunks. It one thing when we lose wit all them young'uns. It another when we lose and they dont look like they tryin. PLAY SMART. PLAY HARD.

-Choz4Life

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »

-Choz4Life

His inexperience is the plus yo. Didnt have time to get all corrupted wit partisans, lobbyists and all them other shennanigans evrywhere from city hall to the White House. Dont need experience to lead. Need strong will, conviction and righteousness. The brotha got all three and then some.

Now Ill get off this here soapbox and get back to ball.

Coach gotta right this ship. No excuse fo all them dunks. It one thing when we lose wit all them young'uns. It another when we lose and they dont look like they tryin. PLAY SMART. PLAY HARD.

-Choz4Life

Choz you're right on both fronts(hoops and politics)...besides Barack has just as much experience if not more than Hillary!  Too bad the media doesn't point that out. 

We've got to be careful and keep this on hoops though...
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 01:22:07 AM »
barack is an excellent man.  he's a former president of the harvard law review.  i'd rather see him on the u-s supreme court where he could be a major influence for the next 40 something years.