Gotham Hoops 2010 Class Rankings

• 15 replies
Gotham Hoops 2010 Class Rankings
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »
Hey what's up everyone. My name is Ray Anczelowicz, I run the scouting service site, www.GothamHoops.com.

Here is the link to my '10 class rankings which features St. John's recruits such as Tobias Harris, Shane Southwell, J.J. Moore, Kadeem Jack and many more.

http://www.gothamhoops.com/?page_id=1045
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:21:41 PM by Dave »

Re: 2010 Class Rankings
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
Is Pinkston better than Tobias Harris?

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:27:14 PM »
At the beginning of the summer I had Pinkston #1 and would've told you he was definitely better then Tobias.

But Tobias has been killing this summer at every event. Not taking anything away from Pinkston, but Tobias has just brought his game to a higher level this summer.

Pinkston is steal a monster on the high school level though.

As of right now, Tobias is ahead of Pinkston.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
i'm interested in seeing tobias. i've heard he lost a ton of his baby fat and is a lot more athletic. if that's true then wow. i think he can be a 2 year lotto pick if he sticks at PF. great skillset at the PF position, all he has to do is get a little tougher on the block (which I think he will) and get better defensively.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »
Yea you nailed it perfectly. From the people I've been talking to, he lost that baby-fat and substituted it with muscle.

I think his best position is when playing on the wing. He just doesn't have that "big man" mentallity it seems. Only time will tell though.

But he is a heck of a player right now, and will only get better.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
Is Pinkston better than Tobias Harris?

With all due respect the 2010 top 30 presented by Gothamhoops is neither full nor complete.  You cannot have a complete list of New York players in this class that does not include Wadleigh's Malik Thomas, or Iona Prep's Jordan Bonner and Brian Voelkel.  Plus it includes 2 kids (Russ Smith and Joel Wright) who are really post grads.  Sorry but if you wanna call yourself a "scouting service" you'll have to let people know that. I invite everyone to have a look at our list, which is long I know and full of honorable mention guys too. Yes we rate Jayvaughn first but wether you agree with that or not..you'll find our list just a little more comprehensive. Here's the link and thanks Dave for letting us post : http://nyhoops.com/new/

Re: Gotham Hoops 2010 Class Rankings
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »
anytime...

I like this...keep it civil guys but I want to hear rebuttal from Gotham!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »
I kinda did just make a list of kids without the names you just said. Is there a law against that?

I'm not going to name players in my rankings of kids I haven't seen yet.

I could have easily just rounded off 100 kids I've seen play last year but I rather put out a detailed ranking of the City's top 30.

It's great if you think your ranking is more "comprehensive" just because you go alllll the way up to #70.

No offense but I could really care less what you think about my rankings.

And to just go on a forum to bash another site's work is pretty sad.

Was that civil enough Dave? lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:50:59 PM by GothamHoops »

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »
GothamHoops covers LI and NYC, I believe.  JPM, I'm sure I can go back into the archive on NYHoops.com's rankings and find PLENTY of kids that didn't pan out that were rated quite high. 

Rankings are what they are, you should know that by now.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:42:43 PM »
I'm just bored and haven't read anything to spicy here lately. I admit I was instigating just a little bit. :)

Honestly rankings are always going to be subjective. There is no right or wrong way of doing it and we're always all subject to criticism. Yes I know I need to update the main page everyone is sick of looking at Lance...I'm meeting the web designer on Tuesday to check in on the development of the new site!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
Javaughn would kill tobias but tobias is a pro. Hands down. His skill level is crazy. I like javaughn and it depends on how he develops. If he can turn himself into a three then wow. But if I had to chose it would be tobias

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »
Yea definitely. Jayvaughn is muchhhh bigger then Tobias but T just has a much bigger skill-set then Jay.

Nice banner btw lol

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »
Considering how the area used to pride itself on its basketball heritage, it's amazing that, in a metro area of more than ten million people, there are realistically under ten high-major players. 

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »
It doesn't matter how many people live the area. It depends on how many people play ball.

But NYC basketball itsn't at its highest right compared to the rest of the country.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »
Same comparison done years ago wit Anthony Glover and Lamar Odom.

Beast v. Potential
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
Javaughn would kill tobias but tobias is a pro. Hands down. His skill level is crazy. I like javaughn and it depends on how he develops. If he can turn himself into a three then wow. But if I had to chose it would be tobias

Congratulations on your 1000th post!