Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 504 replies
Re: Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #400 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »
for example, Moe Harkless seems like a good dude and like he will be an excellent representative for the University.

No doubt.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #401 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:52 AM »
I learn the hardway bout sharin info on the Internet a few years back. No major repercussions but I got a talkin to cause I didnt understand back in the day how public this thing is.

Twitter take all this to a whole new level. Much praise for the ban from coach. Really nuthin good can come from a young brother tapping out 140 letters. But a lotta bad - speculation, incomplete info, bad info.

« Reply #402 on: July 21, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
I learn the hardway bout sharin info on the Internet a few years back. No major repercussions but I got a talkin to cause I didnt understand back in the day how public this thing is.

Twitter take all this to a whole new level. Much praise for the ban from coach. Really nuthin good can come from a young brother tapping out 140 letters. But a lotta bad - speculation, incomplete info, bad info.

It's cool to share info.  Just be careful about revealing your sources.  I guess you understand that now. 

You're preaching to the choir when it comes to Twitter, Choz.  Do not get me wrong....  It can useful.  Just like most things....  When not used properly then it can be trouble.

« Reply #403 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »
It's official, Maurice Harkless has been cleared by the NCAA   :)

MCNPA

« Reply #404 on: July 21, 2011, 10:58:14 PM »

Fantastic news!!!  Another one aboard.  I think we'll have ALL cleared as it seems thus far...  Welcome Mr. Harkless...

kjd01067

« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:46 PM »

Great News! So you broke that Harrison was on campus and now that Mo has been cleared and in your first two posts no less! Nice work

MCNPA

« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2011, 11:06:41 PM »

Great News! So you broke that Harrison was on campus and now that Mo has been cleared and in your first two posts no less! Nice work

2 posts and always breaking news.  Somebody here knows something.  Hope he keeps bringing the info.  Obviously I'm assuming it is correct but that's the type of news that somebody certainly should post on twitter.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:08:58 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #407 on: July 21, 2011, 11:29:16 PM »
I'm glad to see that you guys pay attention. Yes, I do have inside connections but unfortunately I cannot speak about it due to regulations. I will keep you guys posted as I find out myself. Hope the posts have put some of you guys at ease.

MCNPA

« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2011, 11:34:07 PM »
I'm glad to see that you guys pay attention. Yes, I do have inside connections but unfortunately I cannot speak about it due to regulations. I will keep you guys posted as I find out myself. Hope the posts have put some of you guys at ease.

Keep it coming.  We appreciate it...

Gumby

« Reply #409 on: July 21, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »

Good job and thanks!

Looking forward to your announcements on both Ricardo and KA coming on board!  Next week would be fine.

Seriously, the news on Mo is much appreciated.  Most of us figured it would go that way, but when dealing with the NCAA, one never knows.

MCNPA

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:55:20 PM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2011, 01:37:02 AM »

LOL Of course, he posted that Harrison was on campus weeks after we all knew he was AND a day after we all saw photos of Harrison, GG, Greene, and Pointer on a tour of NYC for their Discover New York summer class.  He doesn't get points for that one!!!!

I hope this second piece of news is true, as we really need the offensive skill of Mr. Harkless to give the squad some scoring pop to go along with the back court. 

« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2011, 02:18:36 AM »
Harkless was at Pro City today on Artest/Anthony Glover/Ryan William's team.Didn't get too much PT but played hard got push around a little bit Burrell. This is the first time I seen him since Forest Hill he is a legit 6-7 & put on some weight!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

MCNPA

« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2011, 07:17:45 AM »

LOL Of course, he posted that Harrison was on campus weeks after we all knew he was AND a day after we all saw photos of Harrison, GG, Greene, and Pointer on a tour of NYC for their Discover New York summer class.  He doesn't get points for that one!!!!

I hope this second piece of news is true, as we really need the offensive skill of Mr. Harkless to give the squad some scoring pop to go along with the back court.

Mo Harkless just tweeted that he got good news.  A weight lifted off his shoulders.  Its true Marillac.

« Reply #414 on: July 22, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Yes it is.  Zags is now reporting that Mo has been officially cleared.

This was more of a nuisance then anything but at least it is behind us.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/22/st-johns-harkless-cleared-by-ncaa/#more-54979

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:39:32 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #415 on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »
To all y'all who was askin for Moe Hicks' resignation, anytin you wanna say? Hint, hint.

« Reply #416 on: July 22, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »
i think i'm the only one who suggested mo make other arrangements if his presence meant the team would lose key players.

it's always good to see things work out for the better!

MCNPA

« Reply #417 on: July 22, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »
i think i'm the only one who suggested mo make other arrangements if his presence meant the team would lose key players.

it's always good to see things work out for the better!

I said it too.  I don't think it was unreasonable.  The NCAA took until almost August to clear a kid that committed to us LAST summer.  I love having Mo Hicks, but not if we were going to lose Harkless.  I don't think any apologies are needed.  The name of the game is getting us back on track and winning games.  If we lost the biggest local recruit because of a hire, it would have been quite damaging. 

« Reply #418 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
Nobody could have foreseen this.  Everyone foresaw Jermaine Sanders and Kadeem Jack and that is why they were never an issue and never recruited because Lavin and Hicks were totally compliant and totally aware of the rule as was SJU.

This was a out of left field association.  The problem was many of you acted like they should have known this when they hired Hicks thus they should not have hired Hicks because of it.  Wrong.  They did know the rule that is why they did not recruit KNOWN Hicks players.

Give them a break.  This was a REACH as an association.  And even in the warped mind of the NCAA it was not going to be a problem in the end.

I understand the concern of some but you guys went overboard in your kneejerk "dump" Hicks analysis.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:48:19 PM by fordham96 »

MCNPA

« Reply #419 on: July 22, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
Nobody could have foreseen this.  Everyone foresaw Jermaine Sanders and Kadeem Jack and that is why they were never an issue and never recruited because Lavin and Hicks were totally compliant and totally aware of the rule as was SJU.

This was a out of left field association.  The problem was many of you acted like they should have known this when they hired Hicks thus they should not have hired Hicks because of it.  Wrong.  They did know the rule that is why they did not recruit KNOWN Hicks players.

Give them a break.  This was a REACH as an association.  And even in the warped mind of the NCAA it was not going to be a problem in the end.

I understand the concern of some but you guys went overboard in your kneejerk "dump" Hicks analysis.

I don't think dumping Hicks was really a solution.  I never thought we should dump him.  Just thought it was coming back to harm us more than we thought.  With the Harkless things behind us, I think it is great to have him on board.  Like I said though, the NCAA made SJU and Mo himself sweat it out for a year now...