Ron Roberts - F - St. Peters Prep - Jersey City, NJ - ST. JOSEPH'S

• 227 replies

paultzman

Re: Ron Roberts - F - St. Peters Prep - Jersey City, NJ - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »
Roberts goes for 30 and Davis 29 inlatest effort. Note blazing 3 point shooting over recent games by Davis.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/879875414906254565/st-peters-prep-90-high-tech-72-high-school-boys-basketball-scores-and-results/

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
kids lookin like a monster
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
18 and 9 in latest game in limited action. His team is playing well. My coaching friend continues to feel Ron is potentailly a pro with the right coaching and development. A big "If" with our current staff.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-9120139584913745069/st-peters-prep-81-union-city-43-high-school-boys-basketball-scores-and-results/

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 10:43:07 AM »
Roberts had monster game against reasonable competition, 26 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks. Note he gets to the line a lot and makes them. Hopefully he will have a good coach and a chance to meet his potential.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-5563057453546400569/st-peters-prep-90-bayonne-69-high-school-boys-basketball-scores-and-results/

pmg911

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »
If there is a coaching change at St. John's, the first call the guy makes should be to this kid.

He has the potential to be the best recruit St. John's has had in a very long time. If he hadn't signed early he would be getting chased down by much higher level programs.

Poison

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »
If there is a coaching change at St. John's, the first call the guy makes should be to this kid.

He has the potential to be the best recruit St. John's has had in a very long time. If he hadn't signed early he would be getting chased down by much higher level programs.

He doesn't appear to be considered a top prospect. The only hope we have is a sleeper. Do you know if those rankings change at some point before next season?

pmg911

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »

He doesn't appear to be considered a top prospect. The only hope we have is a sleeper. Do you know if those rankings change at some point before next

Rankings or no rankings, this kid is going to be special player.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:12:14 AM by Dave »

Poison

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »

He doesn't appear to be considered a top prospect. The only hope we have is a sleeper. Do you know if those rankings change at some point before next
Rankings or no rankings, this kid is going to be special player.

you didn't write anything
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:12:39 AM by Dave »

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2010, 11:13:06 AM »
You both used the quote button improperly so I edited both of your posts to be read correctly.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »
Poison,

Believe me this kid is going to be a big time BE player. A member of the NJ AAU circuit personally told me the kid has it all. Forget the current rankings. If someone knows Bob Hurley, speak to him as well.

Poison

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2010, 11:36:06 AM »
Poison,

Believe me this kid is going to be a big time BE player. A member of the NJ AAU circuit personally told me the kid has it all. Forget the current rankings. If someone knows Bob Hurley, speak to him as well.

Hey guys, I don't doubt either of you. I just hope you're right.
I appreciate all the info.

paultzman

« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
Poison, See Tom Konchalski's latest opinion on Ron Roberts. ( Go to video)His opinion means more to me than others. Enjoy buddy!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/02/25/tony-wroten-lists-new-top-5-abraham-to-visit-seton-hall-rutgers/#more-29316

Poison

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »
Poison, See Tom Konchalski's latest opinion on Ron Roberts. ( Go to video)His opinion means more to me than others. Enjoy buddy!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/02/25/tony-wroten-lists-new-top-5-abraham-to-visit-seton-hall-rutgers/#more-29316

I don't see him mentioned here.

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
In the video, Poison. He said that he's going to be a very good Big East player and St. John's did very well locking him up early as only A-10 schools were involved. He played JV basketball at Bayonne and now he's Varsity for St. Peter's prep so he's a quick learner.

Poison

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »
In the video, Poison. He said that he's going to be a very good Big East player and St. John's did very well locking him up early as only A-10 schools were involved. He played JV basketball at Bayonne and now he's Varsity for St. Peter's prep so he's a quick learner.

That is stunning. He was playing JV!

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2010, 12:23:36 AM »
Ron Roberts is likely the best recruit Norm has signed in his tenure.  Only comparable one is Justin Burrell, and if Justin was under the right coach, he would be better.  Let's hope Roberts continues to develop.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »
Less than a fortnight ago, Ron Roberts, who is the sole Saint John’s commitment for the class of 2010, enjoyed the best performance of his young career in an 84-81 win against national power Oak Hill at the Prime Time Shootout. The St. Peter’s Prep forward scored twenty-two points, including a crucial free throw with seconds remaining to force the Warriors of Oak Hill into shooting a three-pointer at the buzzer. After the big game, Roberts spoke with Johnny Jungle about the win, his decision to come to St. John’s and what talents he can bring to the program.

Continue Reading

Poison

« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:39 AM »
Ron, you should still come here, and be proud of your choice.
The administration here might not be very smart, but if they do finally realize that a change must be made, rest assured the next guy couldn't possibly be worse.

Wods317

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2010, 12:08:31 PM »
I hope Ron decides to stay even when Norm is fired because he seems like a really good recruit and he will be needed badly after everyone leaves next year. He will be better off with a new coaching staff, I hope he realizes this.

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »
Stop being so pessimistic guys. He's signed to a LOI its binding agreement to come to school here. He's excited to come here.