Ron Roberts - F - St. Peters Prep - Jersey City, NJ - ST. JOSEPH'S

• 227 replies
Re: Ron Roberts - F - St. Peters Prep - Jersey City, NJ - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2010, 09:15:48 AM »
Why is everyone acting like this kid Roberts is the next Kevin Garnett? He's good but not even a four star recruit. Seen him play and he isn't as good as Burrell in high school. If he wants to go let him go.

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
Why is everyone acting like this kid Roberts is the next Kevin Garnett? He's good but not even a four star recruit. Seen him play and he isn't as good as Burrell in high school. If he wants to go let him go.

Agreed, If Greenberg comes here, he has a 4 star player for '10 and '11, I'd rather have those guys than Ron.

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
I like Ron as a player and definitely think he has some pretty good potential. I'd prefer he stays in the program than having an open scholarship. He can be a good player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2010, 09:02:03 AM »
he is pretty good , yes. But I have read some posts that he is a future pro, Norm's best recruit ever etc... He is neither of the two. I would not mind having an open scholarship to tell you the truth. The focus should be for 2011 anyway. That is the most important recruiting year in St. John's History to be honest, and they must make the tournament next year. New coach has to make his stamp.

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »
he is pretty good , yes. But I have read some posts that he is a future pro, Norm's best recruit ever etc... He is neither of the two. I would not mind having an open scholarship to tell you the truth. The focus should be for 2011 anyway. That is the most important recruiting year in St. John's History to be honest, and they must make the tournament next year. New coach has to make his stamp.

Theyll already have 9 scholarships for 2011

« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
Roberts won the slam dunk competition in south jersey

pmg911

« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »

Watch the schools line up for him if he ends up getting his release.

Have you ever seen him play a game for St. Peter's..?

Poison

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »

Why did he only make 4th team per Hoopscoop?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:25:32 PM by Poison »

pmg911

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2010, 09:14:58 AM »

Why did he only make 4th team per Hoopscoop?

I don't care what team he made...

#1. he plays with a certified chucker in Miles Davis so that factors into numbers.
#2. the kid is still developing and growing, only his second year of super competetive hoops
#3. according to his coach he works and works to get better and has fantastic attitude

I will go with my eyes telling me the truth over what Hoop Scoop ranking has to say.

boo3

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »
 PMG-  is Ron going to open up his recruiting again?  Or will he wait to see who is brought in as coach?  thanks..

kjd01067

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
PMG-  is Ron going to open up his recruiting again?  Or will he wait to see who is brought in as coach?  thanks..

Ron signed a LOI, so St. John's has to let him re-open his recruiting.  He will wait and see who the new coach is.

« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
Think Ron wants to come play for Lavin?

boo3

« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
Think Ron wants to come play for Lavin?

Can't see why not.

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »

Ron signed a LOI, so St. John's has to let him re-open his recruiting.  He will wait and see who the new coach is.

No they don't.

« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2010, 12:17:55 PM »

No they don't.

They're not required to release him.  But it would be the right thing to do if he doesn't want to come here anymore.  it would look bad on the school as well so most schools release their players.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
Did Ron Roberts actually choose to come to SJU because of Norm Roberts?
If that's the case, and he wants to leave, let him.

kjd01067

« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »

No they don't.

I know they don't have to Dave.  I was trying to state that St. John's would have to be the one to let him out of the LOI and that Ron can't be the one to backout.  Rereading it I can see how it was confusing.

pmg911

« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
I have been out of the loop the last few days , I had back surgery..  I made some calls today to see what the deal was with Roberts now but nothing back yet.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2010, 04:24:57 PM »
Ouch. Hope you're recuperating well. 

« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
St, John's coach Steve Lavin supposed to meet this week with signed forward Ronald Roberts, sources said #stjbb
http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!