NYS Football Playoffs: M-W v. New rochelle on TV

• 5 replies

Marillac

NYS Football Playoffs: M-W v. New rochelle on TV
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »
Fourth straight year these two schools meetup for the regional final between Section 9 and Section 1.  My alma mater, Monroe-Woodbury, has won the last three by only a combined 15 points.  They are ranked in Rivals Top 100 and are #5 in the East Region of the country by USA Today and are bidding four their fifth straight state championship game. 

I think this could be New Ro's year, though.  If you wanna checkout high school football at it's finest, it will be aired on MSG on Sunday morning.

M-W brings a ridiculous spread offense and New Ro has only allowed 55 pts all season on defense, and have won by a combined score of 62-0 in the section 1 playoffs.  M-W is #1 in the state and New Ro is #2.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Re: NYS Football Playoffs: M-W v. New rochelle on TV
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
Ray Rice is from New Ro right? Stud

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »

Yes he is.
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:39:08 PM »

Yes he is.

They beat M-W that year and went on to lose to CBA in the state championship game.  Rice's brother was quite the player as well for them last year.

The New Rochelle-CBA game was the best game ever played in New York State and was the only New York game to ever be the national game of the week.  Greg Paulus, Ray Rice, and Geoff McDermott were three of about two dozen D-1 athletes between the teams.  Both teams were ranked in the top 25 nationally.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
M-W lost a heartbreaker in this one, 21-14.  Congrats to New Ro and their fans.  They really have some team this year. That defense was sick. The replay will be Sunday at 9AM on MSG.

Props to all the kids from Monroe for playing their hearts out.  You made us all proud! I wonder where M-W goes from here after they lose their D-1 QB.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
M-W lost a heartbreaker in this one, 21-14.  Congrats to New Ro and their fans.  They really have some team this year. That defense was sick. The replay will be Sunday at 9AM on MSG.

Props to all the kids from Monroe for playing their hearts out.  You made us all proud! I wonder where M-W goes from here after they lose their D-1 QB.

Wheres the QB going to school?