Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies

Randomhero423

Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »
too bad we got 1/2 of the criteria he's looking for...  i'm telling ya guys, if we had paul hewitt i'd be confident in landing him.

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
too bad we got 1/2 of the criteria he's looking for...  i'm telling ya guys, if we had paul hewitt i'd be confident in landing him.

Then why isn't Lance Stephenson barking down Georgia Tech's door?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
the combination of hewitt and the home town team would be too much.   hewitt has proven he can get guys drafted and develop stars (chris bosh).  lance sr. would see that and push for stj.  hewitt isn't one of the best coaches which is why they arne't knocking on gt's door, but i'm talking about the combination of hewitt and stj.

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
the combination of hewitt and the home town team would be too much.   hewitt has proven he can get guys drafted and develop stars (chris bosh).  lance sr. would see that and push for stj.  hewitt isn't one of the best coaches which is why they arne't knocking on gt's door, but i'm talking about the combination of hewitt and stj.

This is really a weak argument for your case.... We have what we have and just deal with it. Norm is making headway on a lot of recruits shouldn't we be happy about this?

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
i have some sick feeling he will pick SJU.....with that being said, i hope he aint blowing smoke us our a$$es because I'm beginning to believe that with all the top NYC talent that has left, the odds will eventually turn in our favor.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 03:48:08 PM by NYCbuckeye »

Randomhero423

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2008, 03:31:20 PM »
the combination of hewitt and the home town team would be too much.   hewitt has proven he can get guys drafted and develop stars (chris bosh).  lance sr. would see that and push for stj.  hewitt isn't one of the best coaches which is why they arne't knocking on gt's door, but i'm talking about the combination of hewitt and stj.

This is really a weak argument for your case.... We have what we have and just deal with it. Norm is making headway on a lot of recruits shouldn't we be happy about this?

all i'm saying is if the rumor on BEB were true that hewitt would be here, i'd be confident in him coming here.

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2008, 03:52:57 PM »

Headway doesn't mean he is signing them...   its about result on the recruiting trail and on the court. .  Norm has not achieved either...

Randomhero423

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »
norm has made headway with a lot of other big recruits.  it's old news.

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

all i'm saying is if the rumor on BEB were true that hewitt would be here, i'd be confident in him coming here.

Even a broke clock is right twice a day.... give it up

sjd8886

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 03:59:32 PM »
i dont expect norm to get stephenson, even after his comment about bringing new york back...if norm gets stephenson, with how good this kid is, how poorly the team has been doing, and with the amazing programs also recruiting him, i think we should all take norm out for drinks...we have been involved with some very talented recruits, and came very close to getting them...the only reason i think these kids signed elsewhere is that we simply havent been winning...if we can throw down 18 wins this year and show noticeable improvement, maybe we have a real shot at this kid...this kid at st johns, unlike any other school that is recruiting him, has an opportunity to really lock down a high draft spot...even if hes on a crappy st johns team, if he throws up 20+ a game in the big east, he's gonna be a lottery pick...that has to be something hes thinking about

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 04:50:54 PM »
18 wins???   :o :o what happened, we left the big east.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »
That is some crazy talk there.  Seriously, I think that if we got to 15-16 wins, some more prospects would think about being the missing piece.  Others, of course, would think "man, that team STILL sucks."  And does being the "missing piece" and the profile (in an age where few places are uncovered by national media if they're any good) compare to being thought of as a "winner", playing big and being in position to win against name programs?

Pro scouts also can see through empty numbers.  And a good player would get frustrated with those 20 point beatings.

There's reward for Stephenson if he stays here, but still risk, let's not sugarcoat it.  A lot of risk. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
there's not that much risk.  the guy will be a first round pick no matter where he goes. 

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
While he can raise his stock by coming here he can also hurt it. What if he gets exposed by not having talent around him? This is a kid that has played on one of the most talented teams in NY for 3 years now. Of course the kid is gunna go in the first round either way, but Norm is becoming notorious for getting the "right direction" quotes from players and not the signatures!

Randomhero423

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
that's why i'm not exicited.  he's gotten people to say he's a nice guy, and "stj is going the right direction" and sometimes visit but that's it.

if rob thomas (if he stays healthy), justin burrell, dj kennedy, evans, and horne all stay and don't transfer. and lance comes.  i think that's enough talent.  i think our team has ok role players for a BE team, but we don't have the primary scorer.  lance would be the primary scorer, and he'd have a very decent justin burrell has the #2.

i think the one concern should be if norm can develop him.

sjd8886

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 10:10:57 PM »
18 wins???   :o :o what happened, we left the big east.

no but it seems everyone on the forum who isnt just being negative is projecting 14-16 wins, so i said 18...i didnt say it'd be easy, and i dont expect more than 16, all i said is if we can get 18 he might come...idt he would settle for us if we didnt do anything but above average in the win column this year...i dont think 15 or 16 will cut it...but then again considering the other schools offering i dont think 30 wins would do it...and also, i dont think we will be getting beat by 20 with all our guys as juniors without stephenson

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2008, 05:40:25 AM »

Headway doesn't mean he is signing them...   its about result on the recruiting trail and on the court. .  Norm has not achieved either...
What exactly is passing as headway at STJ these days?
Is it giving a local recruit a tour of Taffner?

Poison

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »

Headway doesn't mean he is signing them...   its about result on the recruiting trail and on the court. .  Norm has not achieved either...
What exactly is passing as headway at STJ these days?
Is it giving a local recruit a tour of Taffner?

SJu sells Tafner as if anyone give a ****

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
Were still in it.....

http://www.zagsblog.net/

Heading to the U18 Trials
Posted on Jul 2, 2008 7:04 am
I’m on the train bright and early today headed to the U.S. U18 trials in Washington, D.C. If anyone has any questions about the goings on, feel free to register on the site and send in comments. I’ll be there Wednesday and Thursday.

Here is the official roster, which includes several of the top prep and incoming college players from the New York-New Jersey area: Lance Stephenson, Dominic Cheek, Kemba Walker and Sylven Landesberg.

UCLA recruits Reeves Nelson and Malcolm Lee will be on hand, as well as North Carolina commits David and Travis Wear; Memphis commit Wesley Witherspoon; and Villanova commit Maalik Wayns.

Speaking of Lance, his father said at the Steve Nash camp that North Carolina was Lance’s dream school but that the coaches never really pursued his son hard.

“North Carolina really didn’t come hard at Lance like that,” he said. “They haven’t been to a Lincoln game. They haven’t been visible in the recruitment of Lance. I guess it’s just low interest.”

He maintained that Kansas, USC and UCLA were the leaders, but also mentions St. John’s, Memphis and Louisville.