Doron Lamb - SG - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - KENTUCKY

• 141 replies
Re: Doron Lamb - SG - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
If Hewitt is to be the future Red Storm coach, wouldn't it be possible that he would try to target Doron Lamb, one of few uncommitted top recruits left in the 2010 class? Adam Zagoria of Zagsblog.net spoke with several local AAU and HS coaches and according to one of them, "If I'm the next coach of St. John's, my first call is still to Doron Lamb. I would give him the opportunity. He's an All-American. He's pretty damn good and he's a New York kid."
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
10:30
AM ETSt. John's Red Storm Top Email Has the coaching carousel stopped whirling at St. John's? The New York Daily News thinks so. The paper is reporting that Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt will become head Johnnie on the job.

However, others say that the Daily News may have jumped the gun a little quickly. Jeff Goodman of FoxSports.net tweets that the Hewitt's decision is still pending and he is still debating the move.

If Hewitt is to be the future Red Storm coach, wouldn't it be possible that he would try to target Doron Lamb, one of few uncommitted top recruits left in the 2010 class? Adam Zagoria of Zagsblog.net spoke with several local AAU and HS coaches and according to one of them, "If I'm the next coach of St. John's, my first call is still to Doron Lamb. I would give him the opportunity. He's an All-American. He's pretty damn good and he's a New York kid."

Another uncommitted recruit that could potentially be targeted is Kadeem Jack. Both Jack and Lamb have Arizona on their short list of finalists but since neither has committed yet, there is still a chance they could be swayed by the incoming Red Storm coach with a vision.

Either Jack or Lamb would have an immediate impact for the Johnnies. SJU will have a senior-laden squad in 2010-11 that may shake up the upper echelon of the Big East.

We will keep you updated if we hear any chatter regarding either of the HS seniors.

Poison

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »
Does Lamb want to be a huge star, or would he be happy be one of many?

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »
Does Lamb want to be a huge star, or would he be happy be one of many?

Would he not want to be part of a Final 4 run in his Freshman year, then be the star of the team after that.

« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
I know I would be very happy for the future of the program if we were able to get Lamb and somehow keep Roberts and Grace. We would then just need to add at least 1 legit PF/C.

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/02/lamb-to-meet-with-st-johns-lavin-leslie-to-visit-uconn/#more-31150

Steve Lavin has been on the job at St. John’s less than a week but his arrival appears to already be paying dividends.

According to sources with knowledge, Lavin will meet with prized shooting guard Doron Lamb of Queens after the Final Four.

“Doron and his family will be meeting with Steve Lavin after the Final Four,” a source said. “St. John’s is an option.”
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
Just the fact that he's willing to meet with us shows how much recruits and coaches disliked Norm.

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2010, 02:24:27 PM »
When does the spring siging period start ?

If they miss that week, do they have to wait till after graduation ?
Molloy '71

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
Untrue.  The recruits and coaches LIKED Norm, they just didn't entrust their players to Norm.  I am sure Norm got some words in with Lamb at some point.

But this is where the simple fact of having a new coach with something new to sell can start to make a difference in perception.

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2010, 02:48:19 PM »
WOW!!! If Lavin could convince Doron Lamb & Josh Selby to come to St. John's it would be a big. Really big.

This dynamic scoring back court with Kennedy Burrell, Brownlee, Evans and Coker in the front court would make us a top 10 team.

Only in NY. Big City Big Lights.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:49:23 PM by Red2395 »

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
friend of mine knows a lot bout high school prospects and says lamb would prob go somewhere wherehe can start right away..he says its a possibility to come to STJ but he sees him going to WVU or kentucky

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:08 PM »
Kentucky's going to get lots of talent - no one's gonna be left to compete for starting jobs!

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Untrue.  The recruits and coaches LIKED Norm, they just didn't entrust their players to Norm.  I am sure Norm got some words in with Lamb at some point.

But this is where the simple fact of having a new coach with something new to sell can start to make a difference in perception.

This is what I meant, they didn't like him as a coach.

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
Lamb of God Lavin to Deliver?

Read More

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
FWIW

http://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/11499867981

Just spoke to Doron Lamb, he denied the report that he was meeting with Steve Lavin...story at NBE Basketball Report momentarily.

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »
Man, this guy Lavin is working OVERTIME, early! Not going to get to excited though.  No guarantee and sort of a long shot that Lamb comes here but we'll see.

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2010, 04:50:32 AM »
is Lavin meeting with him today?

Poison

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2010, 08:40:16 AM »
Roger Rubin says yes. We'll see if he's right, and we'll see what Doron Lamb is really made of.

Wods317

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »
I dont want to get ahead of myself but imagine what landing a elite player who is from the city would do for this program. We want to try to keep the NY/NJ talent in the area and this could be a huge first step. Now I still think its a long shot but if Lavin can pull this off it would be huge for the program. Just the fact that hes considering us is a huge turnaround.