NIT-ology

• 64 replies
Re: NIT-ology
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
against DePaul they looked LOST without someone to jack up threes.

They went 12 for 24, a blistering 50%, against Depaul.  What are you talking about?

I hope they are lost like this in the tourney.

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »

They went 12 for 24, a blistering 50%, against Depaul.  What are you talking about?

DJ is responsible for 7 of those. So as a team, yes, they did look lost.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »

Carmine, watch that game, especially the first half.

DePaul, in a word, really sucks.  They don't do a great job stopping anyone.  But St. John's had no clue at all how to run an offense without Hardy.  It's not about the numbers at the end - Hardy only plays 20 minutes per game - it's about not having a threat who can bail them out in spurts.  Hardy would have come in in the first half, bombed a couple of threes to bring them back within spitting distance, and again in the second half to at least be a threat that allows others to operate inside. 

And as Dave said, DJ scored 7 of the threes from outside.  7 of 9 for him, and I think he hit a single shot inside the arc.  Maybe they can really be this hot in the BE tourney... but somehow, I think that's a one-time performance against a weak team.  And watching them, you could see the inability to score for stretches.

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »

DJ is responsible for 7 of those. So as a team, yes, they did look lost.

DJ is  part of the team, no?  You can't not count his.  And even if you remove his amazing 7 for 9,  your still left with a very I've seen better/I've seen worse, 5 for 15.

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 03:47:06 PM »
Carmine, watch that game, especially the first half.

Maybe that's the problem.  I luckily missed the first half.  I'll watch the Hardy boyzless offense tomorrow. 

I don't expect that it will resemble Loyola Mmt back in the day.  I do expect Hilton to pick up the scoring slack as he has in the last two since D-buckets went out with 18 and 20.